Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 167,415 times)

Corporal Hicks

I think he means more that we don't actually learn about the Drukathi for another 500 years after the game's setting.

Local Trouble

Are these Drukathi a welcome addition to the Alien universe?

SM

From memory we don't know that much about them really other than they had some very advanced biotechnology a very long time ago.  And Predators don't like them.

The Old One

Yeah, that's the good kind of universe extension. The opposite of F&S/L&D/The Rage War.

Local Trouble

What's wrong with The Rage War?

The Old One

It's easier to list what's right about it.

Local Trouble

SM

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 27, 2019, 07:21:23 PM
What's wrong with The Rage War?

Not much.  The dates are a bit messed up, but overall it's good fun.

Local Trouble

How does it compare to TCF?

The Old One

It's garbage, even without comparison.

Local Trouble

I'm getting mixed reviews here.

The Old One

Haha, indeed I think that's the nature of things.

Corporal Hicks

Nah, it's not garbage at all. It doesn't weigh up to TCF, but it's solid, all around fun! Very different feel to the rest of the EU, a sort of softer hard sci-fi.

The Old One

It's worthless, by the time you know a character's name, they're dead, Aliens wear breathing masks, in addition to other ridiculous things of that nature, nanomachines son and it just shits on the tone of the first three Alien films in general.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 27, 2019, 09:08:51 PM
It's worthless, by the time you know a character's name, they're dead, Aliens wear breathing masks, in addition to other ridiculous things of that nature, nanomachines son and it just shits on the tone of the first three Alien films in general.

That I will give you, but the rest no. I liked the approach to telling a larger scale story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed