Prometheus Blu-ray Bonus Content Preview Images

Started by ikarop, Oct 02, 2012, 03:37:05 AM

Author
Prometheus Blu-ray Bonus Content Preview Images (Read 79,735 times)

SpeedyMaxx

Shooting for different ratings, blowing through different designs and concept tests - this is all par for the course for every studio film.  It also happened on Alien.  A great expenditure was put forth to risk on Giger, who was Ridley Scott's muse, and Scott was no big name at the time, either.  They went out on a limb.

In 2012, Prometheus was designed to restart what had become a massive franchise.  The original script - all facehuggers, aliens, evil androids, etc. - was a somewhat safer bet.  The final film, focusing even more on the Engineers/jockeys, was far less so.  So while they did err on the side of caution with some stuff as was to be expected with restarting the property, the overall gamble of the larger concept - not just another Alien movie, but something far larger and weirder - was the real risk.

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Oct 02, 2012, 06:03:56 PM
Shooting for different ratings, blowing through different designs and concept tests - this is all par for the course for every studio film.  It also happened on Alien.  A great expenditure was put forth to risk on Giger, who was Ridley Scott's muse, and Scott was no big name at the time, either.  They went out on a limb.

In 2012, Prometheus was designed to restart what had become a massive franchise.  The original script - all facehuggers, aliens, evil androids, etc. - was a somewhat safer bet.  The final film, focusing even more on the Engineers/jockeys, was far less so.  So while they did err on the side of caution with some stuff as was to be expected with restarting the property, the overall gamble of the larger concept - not just another Alien movie, but something far larger and weirder - was the real risk.

Well said! And I agree.

And I feel like the gamble paid off. As well as it can pay off in the current self centered cry-baby internet climate were everyone is a critic and a movie mogul. We'll be getting our "Paradise" for sure. And since the "Alien" is out of the bag, so to speak, production can focus on a broader pallet of strange, beautiful, and horrifying abnormalities that will be waiting for us there.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: Blacklabel on Oct 02, 2012, 04:29:05 PM
And that's Natalie Portman standing in for Shaw in one concept art.

Concepts are just concepts. Nobody is getting sued X)

But the concept art is now being used for commercial purposes. Pretty sure they need to get the permission from the photographer that took that pic.

Anyway, all that stuff there is better than what we got on film.
This would have been a way better Jock design, while you can definitely see a human aspect is still very alien.
And this one without a doubt looks like something that was under that suit sitting in that chair.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

That design would not have worked with the 'Dna matches' thing they were going with.

ThisBethesdaSea

So, maybe this has been asked before...but, on the 3D Blu Ray, is the 3 hour documentary a regular Blu Ray disc or is it 3D as well?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Standard, most probably. The fact it's HD is by itself sheer 'luck' (for the fans of the film).

LarsVader

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Oct 02, 2012, 07:23:46 PM
But the concept art is now being used for commercial purposes. Pretty sure they need to get the permission from the photographer that took that pic.
I personally think there is a fine line where everybody should use common sense before calling their lawyers.
I am happy and surprised to see such work on the bluray, it is much more unfiltered then the content of the artbook.
If we all shut up we'll continue to see such cool stuff in the future.
If we don't we'll get much less content and stupid things like those blurred out posters, products and band-shirts in making of featurettes that I have to endure since a few years.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 02, 2012, 07:26:21 PM
That design would not have worked with the 'Dna matches' thing they were going with.

Why not? Fruit Flies match like 60% with the DNA makeup of humans.
You dont have to look exactly like human to have matching DNA. 

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They say 'dna matches, we are a derivation of them' or something along the lines. Audience wouldn't believe we derive from that. Too alien.

DaddyYautja

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Oct 02, 2012, 07:39:02 PM
They say 'dna matches, we are a derivation of them' or something along the lines. Audience wouldn't believe we derive from that. Too alien.

Who is this "Audience"? I want to drop some knowledge on him about DNA.
There is nothing to believe, it's SCIENCE!!!!!

MrSpaceJockey

Natalie Portman likeness makes sense. She was considered for Shaw. Hence the likeness.  just like the James Franco Holloway in the Art of Prometheus book.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Oct 02, 2012, 09:05:14 PM
just like the James Franco Holloway in the Art of Prometheus book.
If he was in the role, he should've said 'so good' after sex with Rapace.

SpeedyMaxx

You know, every time I hear Franco is in line for a serious role these days I laugh and roll my eyes.  He's become so obnoxious, so forcefully meta.  And yet, Rise of the Planet of the Apes is a surprisingly solid genre film I actually bought, and he's pretty decent in it because he is forced to play it straight.  So he could have potentially worked here.  But I think I'd just be predisposed to find him obnoxious - as opposed to what everyone else on the forum did with poor old Logan Marshall-Green.

JayHy17

I am soooo excited to get my 3D Blu Ray copy! I was pumped before, but now hearing about all this makes me gitty!!!!! God damn i love this sh!t.

LarsVader

So tell me, where do I get the SecondScreen app?  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed