A few Prometheus theories (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Started by xLV-426x, Jun 02, 2012, 12:18:17 AM

Author
A few Prometheus theories (MAJOR SPOILERS) (Read 2,795 times)

xLV-426x

I have no idea how long it's been since I've been on this site, but after watching Prometheus I thought it might be suitable to share some ideas that I have:

1. A few people have an issue with the ship crashing - that it's not the one from Alien and Aliens, wrong planet etc. We haven't yet seen the Prometheus sequels that are planned, so perhaps the ship we all know and love with the original Space Jockey will be the result of the events in one of them. Personally, I think it would be great if the final Prometheus film linked directly to Alien, e.g. reference of the Nostromo taking off or of the ship crashing.

2. The Facehugger equivalent, in the tomb, is from the worms we see. The camera focuses on these deliberately. The fluid mutates them. We never know what happens to this creature, however I believe that it makes its way into one of the other ships that Shaw and David escape on and there we have a basis for the next film.

3. David infects Holloway, Holloway impregnates Shaw and we get our Alien gestating inside of her. If this fluid is some advanced evolutionary liquid, then the alien inside of her is the next step in our evolution perhaps and not the Alien.

4. I think that Vickers is an android. Although she calls Weyland, 'Father,' he says that David is the closest thing to a child he has (unless of course we just assume he really dislikes his daughter).

5. There are a lot of things that people feel are unexplained. Scott is a very clever director. If something is not seen again or explained in Prometheus, then expect it to return in the sequel.

6. I think to get to the Xenomorph, a lot of facehugging different species and new queens being made to repeat the cycle have got to happen. Eventually, our old friend will appear from the one in Prometheus.

I enjoyed this film and really feel that Scott left bits out on purpose to make it feel like the prequel (Promotheus) to the prequels (Prometheus sequels) to the sequel (Alien Franchise). Furthermore, a shared theory is that Scott is making this a direct prequel, he just loves to toy with his community.

Feel free to add to/criticise/destroy/hunt me down for these theories.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed