Youtube Reviews

Started by Vickers, May 29, 2012, 06:47:57 AM

Author
Youtube Reviews (Read 13,051 times)

NGR01

NGR01

I have not read the reactions yet.
Point me toward some of them i'll answer you :)

Rong

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: Ron Swanston on May 29, 2012, 09:24:02 AM
This guys seems legit.

http://www.prometheusforum.net/discussion/comment/48315#Comment_48315
This just sums up my opinion of the movie. I do get the vibe that some of the scenes with the creatures are there just for decoration, but the overall arc seems good, a nice open ending left for a sequel. I think it's a good movie, but we as fans have waited this for so long, and made up our own stories in our head and how things should be, or what we think the jockeys are, that is impossible to not be dissapointed. I kinda regret visiting the forum in the last months, hunting for every piece of spoiler, information, behind the scenes stuff. I even regret watching the tv spots. The first trailer with the first 2 viral videos did the job perfectly. I ruined the experience, and now i won't be surprised by anything. Maybe just the visuals and the cinematography

NGR01

NGR01

I think he's legit.
Especially when he says that the creatures were almost necessarry.
He's absolutely right.
Spoiler
The mutated worms/cobralien are cool but serve no purpose whatsoever.
The carzy mutant isjust here to bring some action, he just go berzerk and kill crew members.
Only Holloway infection leads to something.
The rest is dressing.
I would have done without it.
I would have liked that the movie focused on the Engineer and what happened to them in that base.
I do know what happened and you will know too if you're an ALIEN fan like all of us but i would have liked that THIS EVENT had repercutions seen in the movie.
Wich would have made a great final act.
[close]

As for the rest, he dwells to much into over analyzing the movie, it's a love story, its about frustration.
I like to do that too, but at first i need to analyse it, script wise, production wise, cost wise.

I now know that Scott choosed to make his final act smaller than what it was supposed to be.
Either its because of production cost or because he wants to keep that for the sequel i still don't know.

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: NGR01 on May 29, 2012, 09:42:25 AM

I now know that Scott choosed to make his final act smaller than what it was supposed to be.
Either its because of production cost or because he wants to keep that for the sequel i still don't know.
What exactly was the intended final act? Was it intended for Prometheus as is now, or for the first version of the movie when it was a Alien prequel?

NGR01

NGR01

Quote from: zuzuki on May 29, 2012, 09:45:38 AM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 29, 2012, 09:42:25 AM

What exactly was the intended final act? Was it intended for Prometheus as is now, or for the first version of the movie when it was a Alien prequel?

The ending works for PROMETHEUS but also for a direct ALIEN prequel (if i got it right, but i think i do have got it right lol think avp last seconds ^^).
What i've come to know now, is that it was supposed to happen earlier in the movie, by doing so it would have hit 2 birds with one stone.Adressing what happened in the Engineer military base and give something worthy to confront the human survivors. Then in the end they could have begin Shaws journey like they did in the movie.
Either Scott chosed to not go ALIEN all the way (wich he does anyway in the final seconds), either it was too exepensive, either he's keeping this for the sequel.

zuzuki

zuzuki

^^

Spoiler
So i'm guessing you are talking about a fight at the end between Shaw and some giant xenos. Shaw wins and then boards another alien ship to go to their homeworld
[close]

I don't think it would have been expensive. Not at all. Probably it would have made the movie to crowded, for lack of a better word. Too many things hapenning. Less is more

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Dear god I can't wait until an American has seen the film. It's like walking through a mine field to try and understand anything or even get a sense of balance.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 29, 2012, 11:32:54 AMDear god I can't wait until an American has seen the film. It's like walking through a mine field to try and understand anything or even get a sense of balance.

Yes, that's just what we need - an American to provide a sense of balance. :P ;D

BerserkerPred

BerserkerPred

yup that's my vid ask me any questions here!

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

Quote from: BerserkerPred on May 29, 2012, 07:04:26 PM

Where does the classical music (which was listed in the leaked credit list) feature?  Also, where does the track featuring Jerry Goldsmith's 'Alien' theme get used?

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Are the opening credits anything like in Alien? With the title slowly appears on-screen. And, do we get a similar description of the Prometheus ship, it's crew (and cargo) on-screen like we did in Alien? I'm not reading any spoilers, but I figured I'd ask this question because it doesn't spoil anything. :)

BerserkerPred

BerserkerPred

Quote from: Stannis Baratheon on May 29, 2012, 07:21:16 PM

Are the opening credits anything like in Alien? With the title slowly appears on-screen. And, do we get a similar description of the Prometheus ship, it's crew (and cargo) on-screen like we did in Alien? I'm not reading any spoilers, but I figured I'd ask this question because it doesn't spoil anything. :)

yes the opening of the movie was like alien (the credits)

the music reminded me more of the latest KING KONG movie tbh more so than alien. I love the score. GOTTA GET ME THAT SCORE lol

Im gonna be posting another more-in-detail review (no spoilers, i don't want to get in trouble and i HAVE before, in the past)

Vickers

Vickers

Thanks for agreeing to answer questions.

And, if you were masturbating in the video (hence the shaky cam), then that might be a good sign.

On a serious note, a few questions that don't really delve into spoiler territory:

1. I know you said the trailers and TV spots don't give everything away but are all the best shots shown in the trailers?  Or is some of the best stuff kept for the film?

2. Does Vickers get a decent amount of screen-time?

3. Does David get a decent amount of screen-time?

4. Does it end too open-ended or does it feel like a complete film with room for a sequel?  I mean, does it end in the way The Golden Compass did - where it leaves the viewers hanging and wishing for a proper ending?

5. With the mysteries that go unanswered - is it similar to the mystery of the Space Jockey from Alien or are we left with too many questions by the end of the film?

6. Who would you say is the most annoying character?

St_Eddie

St_Eddie

@BerserkerPred - You didn't answer my questions.  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed