Spoiler
http://www.myinstants.com/instant/its-shit/
Spoiler
It's Shit!/10
[close]
[close]

Alien³

Alien³

I see why people hate it, and I don't consider it canon with the movies, but I just completed Aliens: Colonial Marines and it's awesome! It's story is like a great comic. I could see myself playing the campaign again very soon.

I'll check out the multiplayer later this week.

I'm sure with a downloadable patch they could fix and iron out the game, sort out glitches n' all. This game doesn't deserve the hate it's getting, if all is cleaned up I'd like a sequel.

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 19, 2013, 05:56:05 PM
I see why people hate it, and I don't consider it canon with the movies, but I just completed Aliens: Colonial Marines and it's awesome! It's story is like a great comic. I could see myself playing the campaign again very soon.

I'm sure with a downloadable patch they could fix and iron out the game, sort out glitches n' all. This game doesn't deserve the hate it's getting, if all is cleaned up I'd like a sequel.

Awesome, great and sequel are three words that should never be attributed to this game.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 19, 2013, 06:06:22 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 19, 2013, 05:56:05 PM

http://www.silverfishlongboarding.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=101064&d=1355235011

Awesome, great and sequel are three words that should never be attributed to this game.
I think he's trolling.... hopefully....

Alien³

Alien³

I'm serious.

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 19, 2013, 06:13:21 PM
I'm serious.

You poor, poor man! You're games library must be atrocious. Steam, we need a does of high quality shooter, STAT!

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: Elicas on Feb 19, 2013, 06:29:14 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Feb 19, 2013, 06:13:21 PM
I'm serious.

You poor, poor man! You're games library must be atrocious. Steam, we need a does of high quality shooter, STAT!

I don't have a game library. Don't have Steam.

Smokeyrelic

Smokeyrelic

They make you be these poorlly made Aliens online to complete challenges, that are nearly impossible because the Aliens climbing and pouncing are terrible. Its like this would be a good challenge.... except for the fact your server and frame rate were never looked into.

Also a huge fail is the fact you can't even speak to the people online you are playing with on xbox unless you invite every douche bag 1 by 1 into a party. You are supposed to stay and cooarlate with your team to survive but you cant because your trying to figure out who to invite while your getting your neck eaten by a choppy penis headed zombie.

No leaderboards, at all.

No kill death ratio.

No reason to give a flying #$%^!

Shaeffer11

Shaeffer11

Is it worth it to buy it used for $20?? (I use he word "worth" lightly).

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Shaeffer11 on Feb 19, 2013, 10:52:45 PM
Is it worth it to buy it used for $20?? (I use he word "worth" lightly).
Yeah, but if it doesn't reach that value quick enough it won't be worth it because the multiplayer community will be dead. This wouldn't be a problem if the campaign was okay, but it isn't. It's shit.

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

The mods coming out for the game are helping a lot! <3 Ikarop and others!

SM

SM

QuoteI see why people hate it, and I don't consider it canon with the movies, but I just completed Aliens: Colonial Marines and it's awesome! It's story is like a great comic. I could see myself playing the campaign again very soon.

It's like a comic.  Not a great comic.  Specifically Earth War.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2013, 03:48:59 AM
Incompetence isn't necessarily illegal.

This was no incompetence, SM! Call it 'derelict of duty', if you want, but this was clearly intentional mismanagement of the resources given to them by SEGA!!!! This was a redirection of funds to subsidise their own games, not the game they were contracted for!

That money, if the numbers are correct, was also aiming at hiring consultants, etc, which clearly they never did...! With the  amount of money involved, they could have gotten even David S.Goyer to write the damn thing! Hell, even the youngest of Alien fans out there would write a better game than this! The dialogues were appaling!

So, to call it 'incompetence' is too mild a word for what they did! It was far from incompetence, they were QUITE COMPETENT at using it for their own games, and for stealing from SEGA, and clearly they have to answer for the obvious boatload of money that is missing from the game!

I don't think even 1 million would have given us a BETA-version like this one! Because make no mistake, given al the bugs, glitches and scripting errors, this game is far from being completed! If SEGA sits this one out, Gearbox will do this to another company, I am sure! They are just in it for the money! ACM was clearly dumped over Borderlands 2 and even Borderlands 1...

If SEGA and Gearbox signed the contract in 2006 and the first Borderlands got out in 2009, you have 3 years for Borderlands, plus 2 years or 3 for Borderlands 2, and probably one year for TimeGate to fall on their own sword!

Gearbox is guilty on all charges: 1) conspiracy to defraud SEGA; 2) misappropriation of funds to finance their own games... I mean, where did B1 capital come from? What was the last success from Gearbox to have gained them the investment capital they needed to finance B1? And did B1's gains be enough to make B2? I doubt it very much... SO, logic says that clearly, given the deplorable sate we got ACM and the state B2 came out, that clearly there is a very serious charge to be stuck on Gearbox... SEGA would wash some of the guilt by suiing, and with very good reasons, Gearbox for the crystal clear breaches of contract and certainly they ought to demosntrate to SEGA where all that investment money went! I am positively sure they can't! I will write SEGA and demand that they get their money back! I would ask for mine, but they are in better position than I am to demand, at least, that heads roll, especially that sanctamonious Randy Pitchford's head!  >:(

WarriorRidged

WarriorRidged

Got to say I enjoyed the game. I was disappointed with the lack of storyline, use of characters, terrible voice acting - but it was pretty fun, it had the Aliens atmosphere, I was able to overlook the dated graphics, and I think it's a game I will return to again and again - now about to try out Multiplayer for the first time.

If your're on PS3, add me: Castle81

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed