Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Feb 07, 2013, 03:27:34 PM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 218,812 times)

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

I wanted to say something that I forgot earlier... A gameplay demo is not a mere cosmetic marketing tool, since it not only contains a level that is present in the final game, but also is s GAMEPLAY demo, meaning that what you see is what you will get, even if still in the rough... I have seen Betas, demos, gameplay demos that were rough drafts of what came to pass, and this 2011 demo of ACM was clearly what was being done at the time!

And we have seen games that had the same kind of graphics, lighting, namely FEAR and others, that had the DOOM engine and therefore, were far less advanced than the Unreal 3 Engine... and got the job done... I played the demo of Doom3 and it was EXACTLY what the final product was, if my memory is not failing me...

So, what gives? My greatest fear is that Randy's deceit will have gained Gearbox enough money to consider this a success!
And all that at our backs! IN the backs of Alien fans who believed him, his words, his deceitful fanboyism, and his gameplay demo! Since Duke Nukem Forever and even before, since the MESSIAH game some te years back, I began to doubt longer-than-usual productions... And we got another turd! Before, the question could be due to the always emerging new engines which rendered the last one obsolete, but now, they could even do one with the Source Engine and be done with it... I mean, the facial expressions of Half-Life 2 are still good, just needing better shaders and skins! Hell, CSS has maps that could easily be modded to be Hadley's HOpe corridors and such... Maybe all Randy should do to try to appease the fans is to give THEM the tools for them to make a game of their own... Hell, they did that with an AVP-movie mod for AVP2, so why not this one...?

If only the CSS mod makers were Alien fans, and Gearbox enabled the FREE download of the editor software, it could be a blast! What do you guys think?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Because being the sole provider for DLC is profitable.

Smokeyrelic

Smokeyrelic

I have 1000/1000 gamerscore for this game. I have beat this game to the pinnacle of being beat, and i have 1 thing to say...this game shouldnt be called aliens colonial marines... it should be called the chronicles of bishop. So many bishops. like everywhere. stop with the bishops already. We know you got lance for the voice but stop beating it over my head. When in doubt throw a little lance on it right? .... wrong...

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

In the Operations, when Aliens attacked you I got close to Bishop who was just standing there by some computer terminal and I felt nothing will happen to me as long as I stick to Bishop :D Just like Hudson thought Bishop going to the antenna was a good idea :D

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Feb 18, 2013, 06:48:32 AM
In the Operations, when Aliens attacked you I got close to Bishop who was just standing there by some computer terminal and I felt nothing will happen to me as long as I stick to Bishop :D Just like Hudson thought Bishop going to the antenna was a good idea :D

LOLZ

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Seems that most people have jumped on the hate band wagon.  Well after reading the reviews and watching videos mocking on the net I had little hope for this game.
I then heard it tied in with the movies so i fancied to see how they put it across. And to my surprise I really enjoyed this game! After reading review after review, i was expecting something really bad.... And trust me its not a bad game infact its very good. It feels like you are in the movie Aliens, the sounds the music and the atmosphere, yes there is a few glitchs here and there it does not spoil the game what so ever. MP is a blast too and very addictive.  4/5

Elicas

Elicas

Quote from: shakermakerman on Feb 18, 2013, 11:32:09 AM
Seems that most people have jumped on the hate band wagon.  Well after reading the reviews and watching videos mocking on the net I had little hope for this game.
I then heard it tied in with the movies so i fancied to see how they put it across. And to my surprise I really enjoyed this game! After reading review after review, i was expecting something really bad.... And trust me its not a bad game infact its very good. It feels like you are in the movie Aliens, the sounds the music and the atmosphere, yes there is a few glitchs here and there it does not spoil the game what so ever. MP is a blast too and very addictive.  4/5

You're the one shining light in the community, thank you so much for enlightening us all, we should all go out and buy it immediately!

Or, more likely, you enjoyed it because you're an individual with different tastes to the majority of us who hated it. Why trust you that it's good, when we can see from the vast majority of critical and fan reviews that the game is a steaming pile of f**king shite?

Porkus Maximus

Porkus Maximus

QuoteSeems that most people have jumped on the hate band wagon

Yeah that's totally what happened. Everyone jumped on a hate bandwagon, it's got absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the majority of people just genuinely dislike it.

QuoteAnd trust me its not a bad game infact its very good.

You seem unable to tell the difference between "good" and "fun". Can this game be enjoyable? Absolutely yes, but objectively it is still a poorly developed game which deserves the mediocre reviews it is getting.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Bennett The Sage said it's the best worst game I've played in years.

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2013/02/sage-reviews-acm/

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Feb 18, 2013, 11:52:58 PM
Bennett The Sage said it's the best worst game I've played in years.

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2013/02/sage-reviews-acm/

Amazing how the game keeps showing me how bad it is. The lip-syncing is f**king off the mark, holy shit. Just one other thing awful about a horribly shit game.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Feb 18, 2013, 01:38:40 AM
Because being the sole provider for DLC is profitable.

It all depends on who will buy more of this crap!

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

After running through the derelict shooting humans only to find a ludicrous plot hole waiting for me, I was then required to blow up three gun batteries with some conveniently placed rocket launchers. I blew up two batteries and decided that it just wasn't worth it. Let Weyland win, I don't f**king care anymore.

1/10.

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Hi guys...

I don't know if I have said this before, but what we saw in the 2011 Gameplay Demo is actually something we have seen in many games before (dynamic lighting, fog, lighting FX, etc...) This work-in-progress demo had Xbox icons already, for cripes sake!... So, changes could be made, as they often are, tweaks and such, but I think that whenever a gameplay demo is made availabe, it is to get feedback about the direction they are taking, the sample of atmosphere and dialogue and if the fans are okay with it, and the feedback was good, so why downgrade it so much?! That is why I am almost positive that this game seems to be TG's baby and not Gearbox, with all the bugs, bad lip sync, bad AI, bad facial expressions, etc... It looks, as I said before, like the STARSHIP TROOPERS game (yep, I was dumb enough to play that game LOL)...

So, long story short, I think the demo as a marketing ploy was unethical as hell, but I think many of us believed it could actually be in the game, because there was no technical prowess in there we hadn't seen before...

And my earlier remarks that they could have downgraded it for PC, I correct it now, because games are done nowadays to be adaptable to PC specs, both in terms of graphics and in terms of horsepower of the rigs...

So, I can't find any excuse for Gearbox really... I mean, the mere idea that they used Sega's money to finance their own games, instead of what was contracted, it disgusts me immensely, Alien fan or not! Just for that, SEGA ought to sue their arses until they call for their mommies! Gearbox should not survive this!

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: YutaniDitch on Feb 19, 2013, 01:52:31 AM
Hi guys...

I don't know if I have said this before, but what we saw in the 2011 Gameplay Demo is actually something we have seen in many games before (dynamic lighting, fog, lighting FX, etc...) This work-in-progress demo had Xbox icons already, for cripes sake!... So, changes could be made, as they often are, tweaks and such, but I think that whenever a gameplay demo is made availabe, it is to get feedback about the direction they are taking, the sample of atmosphere and dialogue and if the fans are okay with it, and the feedback was good, so why downgrade it so much?! That is why I am almost positive that this game seems to be TG's baby and not Gearbox, with all the bugs, bad lip sync, bad AI, bad facial expressions, etc... It looks, as I said before, like the STARSHIP TROOPERS game (yep, I was dumb enough to play that game LOL)...

So, long story short, I think the demo as a marketing ploy was unethical as hell, but I think many of us believed it could actually be in the game, because there was no technical prowess in there we hadn't seen before...

And my earlier remarks that they could have downgraded it for PC, I correct it now, because games are done nowadays to be adaptable to PC specs, both in terms of graphics and in terms of horsepower of the rigs...

So, I can't find any excuse for Gearbox really... I mean, the mere idea that they used Sega's money to finance their own games, instead of what was contracted, it disgusts me immensely, Alien fan or not! Just for that, SEGA ought to sue their arses until they call for their mommies! Gearbox should not survive this!

If SEGA really gave them a large budget and this was the end result then SOMETHING illegal took place. It's that f**king simple.

SM

SM

Incompetence isn't necessarily illegal.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed