AvPR Blu-ray

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 23, 2016, 10:10:22 AM

Author
AvPR Blu-ray (Read 2,496 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I never purchased AvP Requiem but I'm looking to add it to my collection, specifically for the intent of behind the scenes features. So I'm trying to figure out what to buy. Unfortunately content details are apparently quite sparse on product pages now-a-days.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aliens-Vs-Predator-Requiem-Blu-ray/dp/B0013Z5B96/ref=sr_1_3?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1458727690&sr=1-3&keywords=alien+vs+predator+requiem

Does anyone have this and know what features come in?

Otherwise I'm looking at getting the Ultimate Combat Edition on DVD.

Nevermind, remembered Darkness had reviewed it.  :laugh:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/avp-movies/avp-requiem/blu-ray-review/

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, the UK Blu-ray is still the best one to get - has a couple of more features. I'm pretty sure the deleted scenes are separate though whereas the US releases have them incorporated into the Unrated cut.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I ended up buying the AvP Collector's Set (I also don't have AvP on BR) and the Ultimate Combat Edition, just in case. Only cost me about a 10er for all of them.

Darkness

Darkness

You were robbed. Probably could have got them much cheaper on ebay.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Just had a quick look. They're the same prices.

Did the UK ever get the Unrated Cut with the deleted scenes in the film?

426Buddy

426Buddy

I've seen a few versions in the cheap bin at walmart but I still dont own either film, I still need to get the Aliens anothology on Bluray, still using the DVD set lol.

I've bought so many sets of the aliens movie, it's been hard to shell out more money or yet another set. I still have my original VHS copies and the Alien Legacy VHS set.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Dude! How can you not have the Anthology?! It's amazing. The restoration job on Alien is just perfect.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 23, 2016, 12:32:04 PM
Just had a quick look. They're the same prices.

Did the UK ever get the Unrated Cut with the deleted scenes in the film?
The DVDs have the Unrated cut I believe.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

But not the BR?

Darkness

Darkness

Not the UK Blu-Ray, no. I always thought they'd remaster it some day to brighten it up.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 23, 2016, 03:16:33 PM
Dude! How can you not have the Anthology?! It's amazing. The restoration job on Alien is just perfect.

Actually I do own the restored blu-ray of Alien lol forgot to mention that (and yeah it is perfect :) ). Everytime I want to watch Aliens though I wish I had the bluray

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

The Australian release of AVPR on DVD is uncut while the Blu-Ray contains the extra scenes as supplements.

The film is rubbish but the DVD/Blu-Ray is worth the purchase simply for the extras-which far exceed the film itself in entertainment value.

One of the featurettes even contains a few precious seconds of Bolaji in the suit in the shuttle-which i've never seen before.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 23, 2016, 03:16:33 PM
Nice restoration ruined by a teal and orange cast.Apart from some shots where people's faces appear to be orange,during the discovery of the Space Jockey,Kane's spacesuit-which is supposed to be tan in colour looks green.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That was only on the DC from what I remember. And that was for the DVD/cinema release, not the Blu-ray IIRC.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 29, 2016, 09:43:53 PM
That was only on the DC from what I remember. And that was for the DVD/cinema release, not the Blu-ray IIRC.
Nope,it was the Blu-Ray and the T.C.-which i always choose to watch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed