Should the Predator win in the next film?

Started by Sorna Hunter, Aug 07, 2022, 07:12:30 PM

Author
Should the Predator win in the next film? (Read 5,280 times)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: SiL on Aug 12, 2022, 11:43:22 PMRoyce and Isabelle escaping the Reserve planet could've let the Predators win.

Royce sacrificing himself so Isabelle could escape could let the Predator win and claim his prize trophy.

The latter would keep Royce's redemption arc, let a Predator win, and not be a complete downer ending. Win win win.
This I would have loved to see.

RoguePred1987

There definitely needs to be one or two movies where the Predator wins. It would a good decision to expand the franchise on a story-telling level and just make the point that the winners we've seen are exceptions, not rules. Potentially a Prey sequel could go there, maybe, but ya never know.

Plus, it would be nice to tell those trolls that have been meme-ing the whole "only loser Predators come to Earth" nonsense after Prey to piss off.

OpenMaw

Quote from: RoguePred1987 on Sep 07, 2022, 07:50:20 PMThere definitely needs to be one or two movies where the Predator wins. It would a good decision to expand the franchise on a story-telling level and just make the point that the winners we've seen are exceptions, not rules. Potentially a Prey sequel could go there, maybe, but ya never know.

Plus, it would be nice to tell those trolls that have been meme-ing the whole "only loser Predators come to Earth" nonsense after Prey to piss off.

It's pretty clear the Predator's "win" more often than they lose though, just based on the first two films.

Predators kill until they get killed or until their "season" comes to an end. Jungle Hunter had a reputation in the jungle that stemmed back quite away. Greyback clearly had a lot of experience. Wolf clearly saw a lot of stuff in his day. Everything Keyes says in the van indicates they come around a lot, do their hunting, and then leave. In fact, as I recall, one of the original ideas for Predator 2 was that those Predators showed up because they learned about what Dutch had done in the first film. Whether that's canonical or not, it still speaks to a general creative idea... and then of course we have Noland talking about "Them" in Predators. They get "very interested" when one of us manages to kill one of them. Which, to my read anyway, indicates we don't often do that.

Which is why we are watching the movies we are watching. These are the few times the humans actually win.

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: OpenMaw on Sep 15, 2022, 04:46:37 AM
Quote from: RoguePred1987 on Sep 07, 2022, 07:50:20 PMThere definitely needs to be one or two movies where the Predator wins. It would a good decision to expand the franchise on a story-telling level and just make the point that the winners we've seen are exceptions, not rules. Potentially a Prey sequel could go there, maybe, but ya never know.

It's pretty clear the Predator's "win" more often than they lose though, just based on the first two films.

Predators kill until they get killed or until their "season" comes to an end. Jungle Hunter had a reputation in the jungle that stemmed back quite away. Greyback clearly had a lot of experience. Wolf clearly saw a lot of stuff in his day. Everything Keyes says in the van indicates they come around a lot, do their hunting, and then leave. In fact, as I recall, one of the original ideas for Predator 2 was that those Predators showed up because they learned about what Dutch had done in the first film. Whether that's canonical or not, it still speaks to a general creative idea... and then of course we have Noland talking about "Them" in Predators. They get "very interested" when one of us manages to kill one of them. Which, to my read anyway, indicates we don't often do that.

Which is why we are watching the movies we are watching. These are the few times the humans actually win.
Well said my friend!

PredBabe

A movie that is focused on a basic hunt of humans on Earth? No, I don't think the predator should win.
But if there is more going on within the  story, like a bad-blood scenario or feuding tribes on a hunting planet, then I am all for a Predator character (preferably the "good" guy) coming out on top. It's just a matter of how it's done and presented.

A new AVP movie might be able to pull off the Predator winning at the end as long as it doesn't come at the expense of cheapening the Alien(s).

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The only contexts I see such an idea working in are (1) if the Predator is the Moby Dick to the main character's Ahab or (2) a 'Bad Blood' kind of storyline.

A standard Predator formula film would (and should) never let the Predator win.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed