The Predator and Predator:Bad Blood

Started by (Bad Blood), Oct 06, 2021, 11:37:22 PM

Author
The Predator and Predator:Bad Blood (Read 4,388 times)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Hey everyone, so I watched The Predator a year ago and was reading Predator Bad Blood yesterday in the Omnibus and just realized that the intro to The Predator is exactly the same intro as Predator Bad Blood and the story is the same about a Predator enforcer tracking a fugitive or Bad Blood Predator only the roles are switched and ex CIA/Army going after the Predator on their own while the CIA/Government is after them and the Predator. The ending with them fighting the big bad in the pine forest at the end, the ship crashing in a swamp are in the Bad Blood comics. Seriously check it out and you will see what I mean. Let me know if you agree! Here are some reference photos, sorry for the blurry pics but they are the only ones I can find.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, it is a good bet Fred Dekker was inspired by all this.

Side note: Looking at this is quite a bummer to me though. Thinking of the ships. The sets. Multiple practical Predator suits and hybrid creatures (most of them cut). All that CG work! Oh man, what could have been!

Think of the great Predator movie we could have had with that budget! If only we could go back in time and take it out of Black & Dekker's, even John Davis' hands..... :'(

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Yeah i think he was, there's just a few scenes that near exact to the comic. Oh I know! They could have made an outstanding film, even if they just followed the Bad Blood comic more closely it would have been better. Sigh...if only, we could have had a film people appreciated instead of disliked.

SuperiorIronman

The Predator honestly shares about the same sort of fate as Requiem where Fox just didn't care and made several bumbling decisions along the way that hurt the final product. I'm still of the opinion that had they released the film as intended (that means actually paying Arnold for a single day of shoot) it would've been bad but it wouldn't have been as bad as the alternative.

And yeah I still want to see the menagerie in action. Like I don't give a flying f**k about how tonally different it is, I could've seen a giant gecko monster maul Keegan-Michael key. That was not a fair trade. I know the Emissary made it onto the home release via special features but I really want to see how the mutants worked.

(Bad Blood)

Yeah I mean I would have liked to see it as well, at the very least for entertainment's sake.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Oct 09, 2021, 12:59:08 AM
The Predator honestly shares about the same sort of fate as Requiem where Fox just didn't care and made several bumbling decisions along the way that hurt the final product. I'm still of the opinion that had they released the film as intended (that means actually paying Arnold for a single day of shoot) it would've been bad but it wouldn't have been as bad as the alternative.

I can't say Fox didn't care per say. They authorized reshoots to try to fix the movie. But yes, lots of dumb decisions, and too much blind faith in Shane Black perhaps.

Wweyland

I noticed this when I first watched it. I feel like the Predator movies are in need of a batshit insane Predator, one of the likes of Bad Blood or Big Game.

(Bad Blood)

I agree, a batshit insane Predator would make for a fun movie!

Corporal Hicks

I think we've failed to do Bad Bloods twice in a row now (he says as a big Predators fan), let that concept lie for a bit theatrically before attempting it again.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 11, 2021, 08:37:20 AM
I think we've failed to do Bad Bloods twice in a row now (he says as a big Predators fan), let that concept lie for a bit theatrically before attempting it again.

I'd spin it as a slightly deranged cannibal Pred but skip the "being hunted" or "hunts others" plot point and just have him be really f**kin' mean to the humans, convey the BaDbLoOd part via trophies on his wargear and extra nasty attitude. 

Devil's advocate ofc, I'd like a few straight up Pred On A Hunt flicks for now, too.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Yeah they really have messed Bad Bloods up twice now, I can agree with both of you, a deranged cannibal Predator with a mean attitude would be outstanding or a few good old fashioned Predator films will do for now.

BlueMarsalis79

We really should have got five more Predator films during the 90s, of just pick a place and time then use that story of, one's come to hunt again and do whatever you want from there.

I really really don't need such big twists on the formula the last few have attempted.

(Bad Blood)

I agree, that would have been nice, i miss the 90's haha.

Voodoo Magic

#BackToBasics

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 11, 2021, 10:26:16 AM
We really should have got five more Predator films during the 90s, of just pick a place and time then use that story of, one's come to hunt again and do whatever you want from there.

I really really don't need such big twists on the formula the last few have attempted.
Feudal Japan could have been amazing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed