Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 306,342 times)

[cancerblack]

Master Chief

Master Chief

I liked the subtitles when the Ultimate Predator was talking to the Fugitive traitor and its HQ.  I also liked when it used the translation machine to communicate with goof troops.  I think Predators discussing human hunting for the first time would be cool to see. 

Heck, to make things more interesting, I would love if they studied the weapons that the Natives were using and then designed their very own bows, spears, and axes.  You know, to keep the fight fair when they fly down to begin the hunt.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: skhellter on Oct 13, 2021, 06:04:45 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 13, 2021, 03:38:44 AM
Quote from: skhellter on Oct 12, 2021, 11:30:26 PM
if the predators have dialogue in anything it better be some conan / mad max / man with no name
"WARRIOR way of life" bullshit (and keep it to a minimum) or the whole tone of the character (and what little we know of their culture) will be off.

https://upgifs.com//img/gifs/FrzWzdiI14pSo.gif

Predator with assless chaps plz

they already wear fishnets. It's the logical step.

Those nets are ceremonial and are part of a Yautja's pride. :p

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Which colour of the rainbow is that one?

Kradan

Yautja888

Yautja888

Quote from: The Shuriken on Oct 12, 2021, 05:22:31 PM
The Predator has been around since 1987. With several movies, novels, and comics, canon or not. There is no mystifying them anymore. They're hunters, they have tribes, codes of honor, they look different, and we've seen females. And they're home planet, and their subspecies rivals. Two members of the same species talking to one another takes absolutely nothing away.

Infact I would actually LOVE to see two Predators communicating and coordinating during a hunt. Like actually see it as it's happening, not off screen.

We need to get back to the mysterious killer vibe, the devil came for them,the eyes of the deamon, rather than the predator janitor came with the children and missus and had a little chit chat with translators about the global warming problem .Less is more, always.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Thanks to Mikey for bringing this to my attention. I'm definitely guessing we have two Predator performers in this one.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

That would explain why the heroes have a chance. If you got two and at least one of them hasn't been to Earth before you could have a scenario where the newbie is learning how to be a hunter. I could even see the ending being something like Kee not being accepted by the rest of her people but the second Predator recognizes her skill.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 16, 2021, 08:27:39 PM

Thanks to Mikey for bringing this to my attention. I'm definitely guessing we have two Predator performers in this one.

Yeah, I saw that too. I don't know if sharing a new Stan Winston School Instagram post of Kevin Peter Hall as the Predator gets us any closer to Dane confirming he's playing a Predator... but I think when Dane commented it was a pleasure being their sasquatch, I think hardly anyone was taking sasquatch literally  (much to my dismay :'() and assume it means a Predator.

#TeamSasquatchBros4Life

May 22, 2022, 09:34:23 AM

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Oct 16, 2021, 09:21:00 PM
That would explain why the heroes have a chance. If you got two and at least one of them hasn't been to Earth before you could have a scenario where the newbie is learning how to be a hunter. I could even see the ending being something like Kee not being accepted by the rest of her people but the second Predator recognizes her skill.

Hmm. Not thrilled with that idea to be honest.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Hey so I can't find anything on it, but how would the Comanche handle one of their women becoming a warrior like in this new Predator film? There were tribes that had famous warrior women but I can't find anything about that being common practice with the Comanche, or even if it was allowed at all. That is one of the main themes of this film right?

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Oct 16, 2021, 11:54:07 PM
Hey so I can't find anything on it, but how would the Comanche handle one their own women becoming a warrior like in this new Predator film? There were tribes that had famous warrior women but I can't find any from the Comanche. That is one of the main themes of this film right?

I'm guessing they'll be going for proto-Comanche to avoid being too tied to established Comanche history.

Kyle too. Confirmed or not, I'm calling it, these be our Pred-boys.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Oct 16, 2021, 09:26:30 PM
I don't know if sharing a new Stan Winston School Instagram post of Kevin Peter Hall as the Predator gets us any closer to Dane confirming he's playing a Predator...

Coupled with the "big mood" it's got me pretty convinced, personally.

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 17, 2021, 09:40:58 AM
Hey so I can't find anything on it, but how would the Comanche handle one their own women becoming a warrior like in this new Predator film? There were tribes that had famous warrior women but I can't find any from the Comanche. That is one of the main themes of this film right?

I'm guessing they'll be going for proto-Comanche to avoid being too tied to established Comanche history.

I don't know if sharing a new Stan Winston School Instagram post of Kevin Peter Hall as the Predator gets us any closer to Dane confirming he's playing a Predator...

Ah I see, that would make sense. Oh yeah I definitely think they are our boys.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: RidgeTop on Oct 17, 2021, 09:40:58 AM

You cut off my last sentence saying we're pretty much all convinced Dane is playing a Predator already. Websites like IGN are too.

Kyle and Dane are the same height though so it's possible they are sharing the same role. We'll see!  :)👍

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

That's what I was thinking, two actors for the same role. I don't know why, but in my mind the little context we know for this movie fits better with one predator.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, for an on-location shoot in the wilderness where you have rugged terrain and dangerous wildlife, I would never go into production without two people who can play the Predator role.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed