AvP Central

Started by Wweyland, Nov 14, 2017, 09:29:05 PM

Author
AvP Central (Read 44,859 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Interesting! Would not have placed Bad Blood or Big Game so high on the list.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 22, 2018, 08:57:55 AM
Interesting! Would not have placed Bad Blood or Big Game so high on the list.
I just really loved these stories and the original characters they introduced.
There were a lot of "holy shit" moments in both of these stories as well.
For example, Enoch Nakai stumbling onto a Predator feasting in the desert at midnight.
Paintballers vs the Bad Blood Predator (who is a totally batshit insane bastard) was probably one of the funniest and uneven matchups.

I know the Concrete Jungle trilogy gets a lot of respect but I felt the brother of Dutch felt a little shoehorned into the story. And what is the deal with not giving the first name to him? Is it to suppose to trick some people into believing he is Arnold?

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 23, 2018, 09:45:28 AM
I know the Concrete Jungle trilogy gets a lot of respect but I felt the brother of Dutch felt a little shoehorned into the story. And what is the deal with not giving the first name to him? Is it to suppose to trick some people into believing he is Arnold?

Its probably as a homage or to induce nostalgia. I don't know.  :-\ The same could be said for Amanda Ripley, throughout the game she is just called Ripley, like her mother was.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: The Cruentus on Aug 23, 2018, 10:30:04 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Aug 23, 2018, 09:45:28 AM

Its probably as a homage or to induce nostalgia. I don't know.  :-\ The same could be said for Amanda Ripley, throughout the game she is just called Ripley, like her mother was.
True, although Amanda's "advantage" was that she was an established "character" in the movie and going searching for her mother made sense.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Added an article about Yautja Prime, seems that this gets searched for a lot:
https://www.avpcentral.com/yautja-prime

Wysps

Wysps

It's interesting to consider that one of the orbiting planets in Predators could be Yautja Prime.  Hadn't thought of that - it would definitely add another complex layer to the relationship between the Super Predators and regular Predators, all that action being so close to the homeworld.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: Wysps on Aug 31, 2018, 02:24:10 AM
It's interesting to consider that one of the orbiting planets in Predators could be Yautja Prime.  Hadn't thought of that - it would definitely add another complex layer to the relationship between the Super Predators and regular Predators, all that action being so close to the homeworld.
Yeah, although it was just fun speculation. The shot of the planets/moons looks very "busy" and unrealistic, although I am not a planetary expert.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Wrote a simple timeline involving the Predator movies in preparation for the new movie:
Predator Timeline
Wasn't sure if to include the AvP movies but did so anyway.

SM

SM

AvP:R isn't in late October.  It starts the same day as when AvP ends (Oct 11).

I don't agree with the Predators date either - but that's my own speculation.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: SM on Sep 11, 2018, 08:45:35 PM

When do you think Predators is set and why?

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: SM on Sep 11, 2018, 08:45:35 PM
AvP:R isn't in late October.  It starts the same day as when AvP ends (Oct 11).

You are right about AvP: R but I think it happens for at least a couple of days (which would basically make it the middle of October).

SiL

SiL

It takes place over two days, ending on the night of the 12th.

SM

SM

Yep, with the penultimate scene at sunrise on the 13th.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Quote from: SM on Sep 12, 2018, 10:22:05 PM
Yep, with the penultimate scene at sunrise on the 13th.
The miss Yutani scene could have been later though.

SM

SM

Yes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed