AvP Annihilation - John Shirley

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 16, 2021, 04:47:21 PM

Author
AvP Annihilation - John Shirley (Read 9,679 times)

Corporal Hicks

My review copy of Gibson's Alien 3 arrived, so we've got the title and author of the next novel and it's an AvP one by a controversial figure...I'm currently struggling my way through a re-read of Forever Midnight. But fortunately, his last foray into Predator (in If It Bleeds) was a solid one.

Nightmare Asylum

Is this the book you implied that you knew was coming, or is that one still on the cards?

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

Oh dear. Steel Egg was also... not good.

Kradan

Kradan

More AvP books is fine by me

Also, wasn't Annihilation sub-title in one of Anderson's AvP drafts ?

TheBATMAN

TheBATMAN

His proposed sequel yeah.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Aug 16, 2021, 05:36:01 PM

Fortunately, his short in If It Bleeds was.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Yay, more AVP!

Samhain13

Samhain13

Oh boy the guy that wrote Forever Midnight. Can someone from here provide the guy some support just in case? Is SM still doing it ?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 16, 2021, 04:47:21 PM
I'm currently struggling my way through a re-read of Forever Midnight.

Why are you trying to punish yourself like that?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 16, 2021, 06:08:38 PM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Aug 16, 2021, 05:36:01 PM

Fortunately, his short in If It Bleeds was.

Indeed. And Steel Egg suprisily had a good portrayal of the aliens, with them being outnumbered by the humans and still destroying them, you don't see that often in the EU.

At least there is still the AvP Anthology coming.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Where the f**k is SM?

Kradan

Kradan

Taking a prolonged vacation ?

SiL

SiL

Very much alive -- although undergoing lockdown number 6 or 7 at this point.

Immortan Jonesy

But isn't it like a hiatus anyway? I mean he must have internet, even with the lockdown.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 17, 2021, 12:52:15 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 16, 2021, 04:47:21 PM
I'm currently struggling my way through a re-read of Forever Midnight.

Why are you trying to punish yourself like that?

Because RidgeTop kept claiming "it wasn't that bad" so we're revisiting it for a podcast and so I can finally start writing an article I've been planning to do all year. But with the effort it's taking, I've decided the next time we just do a random book/comic episode, it's one I know I f**king love.

Indeed. And Steel Egg suprisily had a good portrayal of the aliens, with them being outnumbered by the humans and still destroying them, you don't see that often in the EU.

I remember enjoying one or two death sequences in Steel Egg, otherwise it was just as low a point for Alien as Forever Midnight was for Predator as far as I remember.

QuoteAt least there is still the AvP Anthology coming.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turned out.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 16, 2021, 05:16:30 PM
Is this the book you implied that you knew was coming, or is that one still on the cards?

:-X

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 17, 2021, 07:39:23 AM
But isn't it like a hiatus anyway? I mean he must have internet, even with the lockdown.

So the idea that person can get tired of AvPG and maybe needs a break for a while never crossed your mind ? The fact he has internet doesn't mean he's obligated to use it

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Aug 17, 2021, 07:58:23 AM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Aug 17, 2021, 07:39:23 AM

So the idea that person can get tired of AvPG and maybe needs a break for a while never crossed your mind ? The fact he has internet doesn't mean he's obligated to use it

My mind loves the internet. And it won't let me stay far away for too long.  :laugh:

But then again, maybe I see it very simple, from my gaze of someone without many responsibilities other than myself (as children for example). And yeah, of course it always crosses my mind, but since they mentioned that SM was absent cos lockdowns, which doesn't necessarily mean you won't be able to talk here, I always thought it was more of a personal break.

Okay, I won't keep derailing the thread.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed