Alien: Covenant Novelization

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 22, 2016, 03:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Novelization (Read 48,251 times)

Robopadna

Robopadna

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2017, 06:52:48 PM
I've only had chance to read the first chapter and a bit but it's an extended opening prologue and what looks to be the deleted scene with Branson's character.

Walter is more attached to Daniels without a doubt (or at least it explores their relationship a bit more).   He brings her weed.

Daniels also seems to be MUCH more hostile to Oram.

I'm at the point where they received the transmission and are talking about it.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Robopadna on May 23, 2017, 11:02:18 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 23, 2017, 06:52:48 PM
I've only had chance to read the first chapter and a bit but it's an extended opening prologue and what looks to be the deleted scene with Branson's character.

Walter is more attached to Daniels without a doubt (or at least it explores their relationship a bit more).   He brings her weed.

Daniels also seems to be MUCH more hostile to Oram.

I'm at the point where they received the transmission and are talking about it.

He stole the weed from James Franco, huh? Lol jk

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Got my copy in the mail today.

Glad to see it opens with "dreaming", like the old Alien 1-3 novelizations did.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 24, 2017, 01:49:57 AM
Got my copy in the mail today.

Glad to see it opens with "dreaming", like the old Alien 1-3 novelizations did.
That's cool

felix

felix

For those who's finished reading it. Any new material that was left out of the film?

Scott Conover

Scott Conover

Quote from: felix on May 24, 2017, 06:03:02 AM
For those who's finished reading it. Any new material that was left out of the film?

Heaps of stuff. David copied the xeno design, they explain why they didi not wear helemets and there is more James Franco too

felix

felix

Any scenes of David with Shaw?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Got another email from Amazon today, and my copy's on it's way ;D

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 24, 2017, 01:49:57 AMGlad to see it opens with "dreaming", like the old Alien 1-3 novelizations did.

Sweet! I was hoping he'd do that.

Quote from: Scott Conover on May 24, 2017, 06:43:48 AMHeaps of stuff. David copied the xeno design, they explain why they didi not wear helemets and there is more James Franco too

Could you spoiler this stuff please?

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 24, 2017, 08:03:37 AM
Quote from: Scott Conover on May 24, 2017, 06:43:48 AMHeaps of stuff. David copied the xeno design, they explain why they didi not wear helemets and there is more James Franco too

From Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/6ctw0e/reading_through_novelisation_some_of_the/
Spoiler

The biggest change is the scene with David and Oram in his little shop of horrors. It is filled with all manner of fascinating and gruesome sights, including a dissected Engineer's corpse, tiny preserved neomorph specimens that hatched out of insects, and, most notably, corpses (or at least models) of something that sounds suspiciously like the classic Giger alien. David even shows Oram a petrified facehugger's egg, which he reveals he euthanised because it was too aggressive. Oram looks inside this egg, at David's urging, and is comforted to find that the hugger inside is, as promised, quite dead. Tantalisingly, he mentions that this was left behind by the Engineers, saying it is a "supreme example of their skill." His attempts to create the alien, seemingly, are trying to emulate this one left by the Engineers. He also confirms that the aliens take on characteristics of their host species, a la the Dog Alien from Alien 3, which is a nice little detail.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

I'm only on Chapter 5 but I'm liking the stuff with Mother having some personality. Really curious to read on more in light of the post above.

SiL

SiL

Really, really wish they'd just put that in the film.

Russ840

Russ840

Damn. I really wanna read this now.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Quote from: SiL on May 24, 2017, 08:49:15 AM

It's pretty strange that Scott is hell-bent on his idea, but Fox seems to know fans hate it so they're doing a workaround in the Novel.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: RidgeTop on May 24, 2017, 07:14:35 PM
Quote from: SiL on May 24, 2017, 08:49:15 AM

It's pretty strange that Scott is hell-bent on his idea, but Fox seems to know fans hate it so they're doing a workaround in the Novel.

I know right? It's weird to me too! Makes me wonder if ADF decided to make this fix on his own, despite Ridley Scott... if that's the case, I'd trust ADF with the future of the series more than Ridley!

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: gantarat on May 24, 2017, 08:26:32 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 24, 2017, 08:03:37 AM

From Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/LV426/comments/6ctw0e/reading_through_novelisation_some_of_the/
Spoiler

The biggest change is the scene with David and Oram in his little shop of horrors. It is filled with all manner of fascinating and gruesome sights, including a dissected Engineer's corpse, tiny preserved neomorph specimens that hatched out of insects, and, most notably, corpses (or at least models) of something that sounds suspiciously like the classic Giger alien. David even shows Oram a petrified facehugger's egg, which he reveals he euthanised because it was too aggressive. Oram looks inside this egg, at David's urging, and is comforted to find that the hugger inside is, as promised, quite dead. Tantalisingly, he mentions that this was left behind by the Engineers, saying it is a "supreme example of their skill." His attempts to create the alien, seemingly, are trying to emulate this one left by the Engineers. He also confirms that the aliens take on characteristics of their host species, a la the Dog Alien from Alien 3, which is a nice little detail.
[close]

Finally some good news.

I will try to erase the movie from my mind and just stick with the novel. Are the chestbursters like they were in Covenant or the old snake design?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed