Alien: Covenant Novelization

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 22, 2016, 03:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Covenant Novelization (Read 48,256 times)

Scorpio

Scorpio

If you actually want to debate the facts instead of childish name-calling and insults, then give me a bell.

SM

SM

Yeah, nah.

I don't know why you even got on your Nazi defending bandwagon on this thread in the first place.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I was skimming this thread and thought, "defending Nazis? That's got to be hyperbole or Godwin's Law or something, right?"

And I read the thread in more detail and, uh, yikes.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Yes, the racism and ignorance in this thread is shocking, I agree.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 02, 2018, 01:55:56 AM
If you actually want to debate the facts instead of childish name-calling and insults, then give me a bell.

Name-calling? What name have you been called?

You think describing what you do in every thread is name calling and childish insult?

Aaaand no, I'm not looking to debate what you think the merits and good intentions of the Third Reich are. I just come here to read and discuss Aliens and Predators.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Scorpio on Jul 02, 2018, 02:35:19 AM
Yes, the racism and ignorance in this thread is shocking, I agree.

Defending Nazis is bad, mmkay.

Scorpio

Scorpio

And what is a 'Nazi'?

SM

SM

Are there any in the Alien Covenant novelisation?

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 21, 2018, 09:43:08 PM
Anyway, found this quote by 'Walter' about the Engineers interesting:

"From everything that I saw and experienced, as well as learned from David, the civilisation of the Engineers was not one with whom compassionate coexistence was possible.  True, there was beauty and elegance in their art and science, but there was also arrogance.  I do not think they were pleased to suffer any intelligences save their own."

pg 321

Pardon me whilst I jump over the political hole. But man, that quote is heavy. Count on Foster to explain more about the engineers in one paragraph than a whole movie did in 2 hours.

SM

SM

If true one would have to consider why they went around creating other intelligences.

Maybe millennia ago, they were more compassionate.  I've always liked the theory that the Engineer who appears in the pictograms is the same Engineer over and over, who can be dubbed Prometheus.  He knew that at some point the Engineers would wipe us out and tried to encourage us to develop to a point where we could be in a position to perhaps stop them.  He at least, had compassion.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Jul 02, 2018, 02:58:11 AM
If true one would have to consider why they went around creating other intelligences.

Maybe millennia ago, they were more compassionate.  I've always liked the theory that the Engineer who appears in the pictograms is the same Engineer over and over, who can be dubbed Prometheus.  He knew that at some point the Engineers would wipe us out and tried to encourage us to develop to a point where we could be in a position to perhaps stop them.  He at least, had compassion.

Maybe it was he who seeded our planet and died in Prometheus. Maybe that's why they wanted us dead. Because we were his. Another form of humanoid intelligence that could one day rival theirs.

I always wondered why that ship they arrived in was so different. Maybe they were outcasts, breaking the law to accomplish something great. Carrying the fire off to somewhere else.

Maybe creation itself was the sin. His gift was not fire, but life, existence, the possibility of knowledge.

To get biblical, God and the angels did not want adam and eve to eat from the tree of knowledge, for they would become like God. Nor were we to eat from the tree of life, then we would live forever like the angels, and indeed, God himself.

Perhaps the engineers never cared about humanity. Perhaps we are a sin, a mistake, an act of disobedience.

And just for the sake of it, wasn't that the same ship that was shooting at the derelict in that easter egg from A:CM? So maybe this was all part of some civil war. Take the goo from lv-223, get to a habitable planet, seed, and escape. A fight with the derelict, which crashes. Bob's your uncle, there it is.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

This is a pretty slick theory.

SM

SM

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 02, 2018, 03:02:29 AM

Maybe it was he who seeded our planet and died in Prometheus. Maybe that's why they wanted us dead. Because we were his. Another form of humanoid intelligence that could one day rival theirs.

I always wondered why that ship they arrived in was so different. Maybe they were outcasts, breaking the law to accomplish something great. Carrying the fire off to somewhere else.

Maybe creation itself was the sin. His gift was not fire, but life, existence, the possibility of knowledge.

To get biblical, God and the angels did not want adam and eve to eat from the tree of knowledge, for they would become like God. Nor were we to eat from the tree of life, then we would live forever like the angels, and indeed, God himself.

Perhaps the engineers never cared about humanity. Perhaps we are a sin, a mistake, an act of disobedience.

And just for the sake of it, wasn't that the same ship that was shooting at the derelict in that easter egg from A:CM? So maybe this was all part of some civil war. Take the goo from lv-223, get to a habitable planet, seed, and escape. A fight with the derelict, which crashes. Bob's your uncle, there it is.

All those theories could work too.

The ship in the A:CM Easter Egg looks more like the LV-426 Derelict (U-shaped) rather than the rounder LV-223 ship.  And it's flying the wrong way.

The Old One

The Old One

The "disc" in ACM is also an upside down Space Jockey, so I wouldn't put that much thought into it.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: SM on Jul 02, 2018, 12:25:41 AM
Wow! Really???

Perhaps this is what Perfect-Organism was referring to...
QuoteI do not think they were pleased to suffer any intelligences save their own.

Yes, that is exactly what I was referring to.  The engineers, described in that paragraph are like German Nazis from space.  Moreover, being Polish, I know exactly what a German Nazi is Scorpio.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed