NECA Aliens

Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 815,042 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I have to say I'm really looking forward to seeing this Kenner piece.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: Otter on Apr 18, 2016, 11:02:50 AM
"A fearsome figure that really stands out"?
https://www.lootcrate.com/specialty_crates_collections/aliens-crate

I hope it's just a goofy repaint or a glow in the dark item (... actually that would suck, I'd be really keen on a glow in the dark xenomorph).

Have NECA made a glow in the dark variety Alien?  I don't think they have.  It would be sweet if they did, hey.  I would hate to see it be an exclusive Loot Crate item, though.

We'll just have to wait and see...

-Windebieste.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

anyone here has any in hand pics of the 1/4th scale 79 Xeno from NECA? love to see what you guys think of it as I do hope to get it sometime at the end of the month

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Apr 18, 2016, 09:50:23 PM
anyone here has any in hand pics of the 1/4th scale 79 Xeno from NECA? love to see what you guys think of it as I do hope to get it sometime at the end of the month

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/articles/neca-14-scale-alien-figure-review/

Winde did a review of it a few months back.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 19, 2016, 07:14:49 AM
Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Apr 18, 2016, 09:50:23 PM

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/articles/neca-14-scale-alien-figure-review/

Winde did a review of it a few months back.

OH! good! thanks mate!

-titan

any chance NECA will ever do an Ultimate Alien figure? if so I hope they make the following chances.

1.change the head assymbly. this mostly is for the dome. why can't they make the dome complete instead of making a seem at the end of the head, shouldn't be difficult to have the dome completely wrap around the back of the head.

2. New Hands! I am TIRED of the same old hand molds for the aliens. especially the 79 alien. it's boring, often times I find myself swapping the hands the other way so the wider side with the thumbs are out more because I prefer that way more.

3. segmented balljointed tail. I can see why people would prefer the wire in the rubber tail. but rubber will decay, and as I have often experienced, the wire would often break or, come in package broken or poking through the tail. I get this costs more plastic, but it would be easier to maintain and work with. even at the cost of some movement.

4. Accessories. one of the biggest issues I have with NECA's Alien line is they never come with anything, no facehuggers, no eggs, no hive display stands, not even a "buy more of our toys!" catalogue that shows their other figures. more accessories would be nice, maybe even a support stand for those like me who found the design of the alien makes the figures top heavy. we can also appreciate swappable parts, maybe like with #2, we can have balljointed wrists and have swappable hands like the AVP preds have? maybe even battle damaged parts?

Well theres my ideas anyways. thats if NECA even DOES an ultimate alien series.

slaysaliens

slaysaliens

They won't. 

The Xenomorphs are ultimate already in their sculpt, paint, & articulation. 

What started the "ultimate" line was the idea and point of giving their TOP selling characters that have had multiple releases w/ mixed accessories and mixed amount of articulation a new and improved version that included those multiple accessories from all the previous releases along w/ the most amount of articulation. 

NOES & T2 were so 'old' they didn't have the current amount of articulation NECA is know for now.  Hence, the ultimate line started w/ them.

As for the accessories w/ aliens?  That will never ever happen.  Aliens & Predators will always out-sell ANY human ever.  Humans are given so many accessories to make them more desirable.  When you have a license where a creature is involved, all merch revolves around the creature first and foremost. 

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: slaysaliens on Apr 20, 2016, 04:48:53 AM
They won't. 

The Xenomorphs are ultimate already in their sculpt, paint, & articulation. 

What started the "ultimate" line was the idea and point of giving their TOP selling characters that have had multiple releases w/ mixed accessories and mixed amount of articulation a new and improved version that included those multiple accessories from all the previous releases along w/ the most amount of articulation. 

NOES & T2 were so 'old' they didn't have the current amount of articulation NECA is know for now.  Hence, the ultimate line started w/ them.

As for the accessories w/ aliens?  That will never ever happen.  Aliens & Predators will always out-sell ANY human ever.  Humans are given so many accessories to make them more desirable.  When you have a license where a creature is involved, all merch revolves around the creature first and foremost. 

I totally understand, but I disaggree with the aliens not having accessories. at most give us a display stand, somethig to hold the damn things up.

windebieste

windebieste

Some of the figures do include display stands.  The Dog Alien and 'ALIEN: Isolation' figures (The figures that feature digitigrade legs with elongated feet.) each come with one.  The stands are barely serviceable for what they are, though, being too short to properly support the figure either by the tail or the thigh.  The stands really need to be tall enough to grasp the figure around the waste to be effective. 

Stompy.  "Nice legs.  Shame about the face."*

Mind you, I do like the idea of a catalog being included with each figure.  That would be nice. 

-Windebieste.

*The Monks, 1979.

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 20, 2016, 11:28:05 AM
Some of the figures do include display stands.  The Dog Alien and 'ALIEN: Isolation' figures (The figures that feature digitigrade legs with elongated feet.) each come with one.  The stands are barely serviceable for what they are, though, being too short to properly support the figure either by the tail or the thigh.  The stands really need to be tall enough to grasp the figure around the waste to be effective. 

Stompy.  "Nice legs.  Shame about the face."*

Mind you, I do like the idea of a catalog being included with each figure.  That would be nice. 

-Windebieste.

*The Monks, 1979.

Exactly, those display stands don't cut it. though I did find they work better for your plantigrade alien figures like Kane's son and the Alien Soldier (ALIENS), but I do wish they were more decorative with hive or grated flooring base. NECA did it before with he AVP-R line with those three piece display stands. maybe use a longer holding arm and a hinged clip. I guess one could just get tamashii stands or doll holding stands, but I'd rather the alien came with one.

and yeah, I think the early beast wars transformers and some other toy lines did this also. they had this catalog book that came with every toy and you can look through it and keep track of the ones you want, even maybe a collection book so you can check off which figures you have and which ones you want to get.

ts124

ts124

Quote from: Elmazalman on Apr 15, 2016, 08:37:48 AM
The new 2016 30th anniversary 1/4 scale Alien warrior from ALIENS claims to be movie-accurate.Looks like NECA  are reusing the  ribcage from last year's Big Chap figure-resulting in less ribs for the Cameron/Winston redesign,as well as the dorsal tubes not being placed higher up on the creature's back.Lazy,a figure this size should be accurate in every detail.

Not buying.
The Neca figure is based off of the action suit which I believe only had 6 ribs. I hope the do a version of the puppet eventually.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

windebieste

windebieste

The display stands aren't great, that's for sure.  I guess if all else fails, you could always make your own.  It's not hard.

Two pieces of wood, some glue, a couple of screws and then paint the whole assembly black.  Then tether the figure to the post and it works as a basic, secure display stand

-Windebieste.

Darkness

Darkness

NECA have now revealed their Toys 'r Us exclusive Ripley Kenner Tribute figure.

http://necaonline.com/56140/licenses/movies/alien/all-the-details-on-the-alien-day-exclusive-kenner-tribute-ripley-action-figure/?utm_campaign=426ripleyreveal&utm_source=necafbgplus&utm_medium=social

QuoteCelebrate Alien Day 2016 with a special edition tribute to the classic Kenner Ripley figure from the early '90s! Lt. Ellen Ripley comes with bandolier and smartgun accessories, plus a commemorative reprint of the Dark Horse mini-comic that was included with the original release in 1993. The 7-inch scale figure features the likeness of Sigourney Weaver, and has over 25 points of articulation. The blister card packaging is an homage to the classic as well, and features a collectible file card with bio.

sir_bobos

sir_bobos

Pretty much gotta get it for the Smartgun right? To bad it doesn't have the chest rig.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Damn that's pretty cool looking! Nice that she comes with a smart gun but that bothers me at the same time because the Kenner figure didn't come with one. I was expecting to see a flamethrower so slight disappointment on that part but the figure itself is alright.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: XenoZipper on Apr 22, 2016, 07:32:16 PM
Damn that's pretty cool looking! Nice that she comes with a smart gun but that bothers me at the same time because the Kenner figure didn't come with one. I was expecting to see a flamethrower so slight disappointment on that part but the figure itself is alright.
Yeah, the lack of a flamethrower is a dealbreaker for me. The figure itself is an effective repaint, I'm surprised how well it works with just the stock 'Aliens' Ripley body and a new scarf. But the toy's flamethrower was a huge part of what made that figure as cool as it was, it's a shame they didn't include it when their other Kenner homage figures like Renegade Predator had a bunch of custom (and accurate) accessories.

I'll wait for the announced Vasquez figure in order to get the smartgun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed