NECA Aliens (Read 840,833 times)

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I don't care what figure it comes with, I need a Neca smart gun

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Apr 04, 2016, 11:35:58 PM
I don't care what figure it comes with, I need a Neca smart gun
Don't worry [Parker]....you'll get whatever's coming to you :)

I would think they would give Vaz one and Drake when they make him.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I think everyone can agree what we really need is a NECA Wierzbowski.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I would love that!

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Apr 03, 2016, 11:50:11 PM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Apr 03, 2016, 07:46:01 PM
HR  Giggler.
Oh that did make me giggler to myself :)

Would anyone want to see other iteration of the Xeno are are you all just happy to stick with the Classic?
I'm a classic fan. I really only care for the Xenos from the first 3 movies. The rest look trashy to me.

Quote from: tmjhur on Apr 01, 2016, 09:37:17 PM
THere's a few Alien Neca figures I want to get but am concerned about buying knock offs on Ebay etc. Could anybody recommend a reliable and not ridiculously expensive online store that will deliver to Ireland/UK? Would be much appreciated thanks!
Check out http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/default.aspx
They ship internationally!

Thanks for letting me know. It's a bit too pricey for me though with international shipping costs.
Will have to stick to somewhere reliable on Ebay I think. Going to have a look in Forbidden Planet next week though.

windebieste

windebieste

Some people would argue that the use of the words 'reliable' and 'Ebay' appearing in the same sentence would be an oxymoron of the caliber of phrases like 'civil war' and 'military intelligence'.

-Windebieste.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 05, 2016, 10:14:26 PM
Some people would argue that the use of the words 'reliable' and 'Ebay' appearing in the same sentence would be an oxymoron of the caliber of phrases like 'civil war' and 'military intelligence'.

-Windebieste.
It really depends on the seller - I've been using eBay since like 2001 and have made thousands of purchases, of which I could count the negative experiences on one hand (and in all cases I got a full refund without any hassle). Ebay is really, really biased in favor of buyers.

Also I got the AvP Grid Alien figure today, and it's pretty excellent. I'm not sure how movie-accurate the netting design is, but it's still cool.

windebieste

windebieste

My dealings with Ebay have largely been positive.  Nothing I could really complain about.  ...for others, though, it's not been so great an experience. 

NECA's figures are generally on the improve.  The sculpts and range of articulation have been noticeably better.  While I've never had any issues in regards to quality control, I've seen many an occasion where people have expressed dissatisfaction in this regard.  I'm hoping that NECA take this as valuable feedback to strive for improved product.

I'm on the fence as to whether I want to buy one of the NECA 'AvP' Aliens.  I like grid.  I enjoyed the movie.  It was Classic Boys Adventure themed material in the vein of Burroughs, Haggard or Doyle.  Romantic folly about a group of explorers visiting an hitherto unexplored part of the World and the wild and unconventional adventures they have there.  I found the movie much more approachable when viewed with this notion in mind.

-Windebieste.

nchurch81

nchurch81

I am totally going to be THAT fan boy and say that the hands on the alien aren't quite right.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 05, 2016, 10:14:26 PM

-Windebieste.
Well I ended up going to Forbidden Planet in Dublin today and got a few figures for reasonable prices.
Isolation Xeno, Alien Ripley with flame thrower and jonesy, and what seemed to be there last face hugged Dallas in stock (just had to pick this up, looks so cool). So it turns out the high street was cheaper than the internet this time.......this time!

windebieste

windebieste

You can never gauge your luck unless you look.  Stompy is such a cool figure even it is largely a resculpt.  You just gotta have at least ONE Ripley in your collection.  As for the face hugged Dallas!  Wow!  Sometimes you can pick up rare items like that just by sheer luck!   ;)  I'm impressed!*

Speaking of luck, I did score a NECA 'AvP-R' Hybrid and maskless Wolf figure on Ebay here in Australia about a week ago.  They cost me AU$40 for the pair.  Sure, the Hybrid was missing it's stand but Wolf was otherwise complete (I think he's complete - it's hard to tell when there's several variants of a figure like this.) with a whip and combistick.  But hey, I'm not complaining.  Especially when they cost me around US$15 each - and that low cost included free postage.  I think that was a win considering how the loose Predalien figure alone can fetch up to double what both these items cost as a pair.

So yes. Hunting around is a good idea.

-Windebieste.

*I'm sure you meant Kane.  LOL.  But weird accidents and inadvertent variations can happen.  For all we know, you have a facehugged Kane packaged in Dallas' clamshell...  Now wouldn't that be an awesome item!

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 07, 2016, 09:35:30 PM

-Windebieste.

*I'm sure you meant Kane.  LOL.  But weird accidents and inadvertent variations can happen.  For all we know, you have a facehugged Kane packaged in Dallas' clamshell...  Now wouldn't that be an awesome item!
Two words if that is true... AFA, EBAY! ;D

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: windebieste on Apr 07, 2016, 09:35:30 PM
You can never gauge your luck unless you look.  Stompy is such a cool figure even it is largely a resculpt.  You just gotta have at least ONE Ripley in your collection.  As for the face hugged Dallas!  Wow!  Sometimes you can pick up rare items like that just by sheer luck!   ;)  I'm impressed!*

Speaking of luck, I did score a NECA 'AvP-R' Hybrid and maskless Wolf figure on Ebay here in Australia about a week ago.  They cost me AU$40 for the pair.  Sure, the Hybrid was missing it's stand but Wolf was otherwise complete (I think he's complete - it's hard to tell when there's several variants of a figure like this.) with a whip and combistick.  But hey, I'm not complaining.  Especially when they cost me around US$15 each - and that low cost included free postage.  I think that was a win considering how the loose Predalien figure alone can fetch up to double what both these items cost as a pair.

So yes. Hunting around is a good idea.

-Windebieste.

hahahahahah! out of sheer excitement I somehow typed Dallas. Yes of course I meant Kane, Kane Kane Kane Kane! Kane!

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

The new 2016 30th anniversary 1/4 scale Alien warrior from ALIENS claims to be movie-accurate.Looks like NECA  are reusing the  ribcage from last year's Big Chap figure-resulting in less ribs for the Cameron/Winston redesign,as well as the dorsal tubes not being placed higher up on the creature's back.Lazy,a figure this size should be accurate in every detail.

Not buying.

Otter

Otter

"A fearsome figure that really stands out"?
https://www.lootcrate.com/specialty_crates_collections/aliens-crate

Anyone have any idea what that could be?  Anyone have any experience with Lootcrate?

I hate the idea of a figure I'd be really keen to get being tied up as an excluisve that's tough to get in the first place (like any Mondo exclusive) and will only be available at crazy after-market prices.

I hope it's just a goofy repaint or a glow in the dark item (... actually that would suck, I'd be really keen on a glow in the dark xenomorph).

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed