Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game

Started by Corporal Hicks, Apr 26, 2019, 05:35:38 PM

Author
Free League Publishing Announce Alien: The Roleplaying Game (Read 159,173 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Wow, excellent to see!
Spoiler
Hopefully also available in Braille sometime.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

Also the contact information is easily accessible by anyone.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Feb 11, 2020, 06:10:54 PM
Wow, excellent to see!
Spoiler
Hopefully also available in Braille sometime.
[close]
And cuneiform.

The Old One

I'm being serious though!

Xenomrph

An audiobook version would be easier to make (and could incorporate sound effects and music).

Local Trouble

They should get Lance Henriksen to do it while he's still around.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 17, 2020, 03:08:13 AM
They should get Lance Henriksen to do it while he's still around.
Lance Henriksen, Michael Biehn, and William Hope, and they alternate every third word.

Found a bunch more references on the star chart:

Zagreus is from 'Alien: Echo'
Charon Base (at Gleise 163) is from 'Aliens: Rogue'
Terraform 3 is from the Kenner Bull Alien's mini-comic
Arceon Station is the wooden planet from the Vincent Ward Alien3 draft
Sphacteria Fuel Depot is from 'Aliens: Dead Orbit'
Linna 349 is from the USCM Tech Manual

Corporal Hicks

razeak

I got my copy today. Never did much more than about 30 minutes of D&D.

The Old One

Hope you enjoy it.

Corporal Hicks

QuoteWe are hard at work on the next Cinematic scenario for the ALIEN RPG. This new scenario, entitled Destroyer of Worlds, is something of a sequel to Chariot of the Gods (and also written by Andrew E.C. Gaska), but you'll be playing Colonial Marines instead of space truckers. We aim for an August release of Destroyer, along with a boxed Starter Set for the game. More news soon!

From the last newsletter.

Gemini

I haven't played a pen and paper RPG for many years (teenage years were spent dabbling a bit in D&D and some other less popular games) however i couldn't resist this. I doubt I'll have a chance to play it (unless i take a dip into online play) but just in terms of the world building it does for the Alien universe it's worth every penny. I love the way it's this wild west style frontier where opportunity but also death may be around every corner. it makes total sense.

I watched a youtube stream of some people playing the Hope's Last Day scenario- just being to watch it play out and know how the rules worked and follow it in the book, was somehow a super chill thing to watch!

I also love all the easter eggs throughout (most of which I wouldn't have noticed if not for this thread- great nerdy work!).
basically to start making a scenario all the GM needs to do is google one of the planets, then you could check out the comic/novel set on there and you've got a cinematic scenario framework ready made.. with characters, dramatic plot points, structure, all to work off.

like others I am dubious how engaging the campaign setting might be (despite my aforementioned love of the world building here), this really does feel like it lends itself more to cinematic play to give it the jeopardy and excitement.

razeak

Deep diving on this book finally. The angle they took Van Leuwen would make an excellent story in that universe. I can't believe how strong my reaction to that was. It's incredibly interesting.

Xenomrph

Today I learned that the map on the inside cover of the core rulebook is a watered down version of the map that comes in the map pack, and the full map has more EU references. Off the top of my head I spotted Rim (the planet from the Perry trilogy of novels that Billie is from) and RLW 1289 (the planet from 'Labyrinth' where Church has his no-good very bad day, although the map mis-spells it as RWL 1289).

The Replacement

Been running chariot of the Gods for my D&D group. It's been fantastic. These guys will do anything to not get separated :D
Remember when you were a kid and got scared, you'd make your bro/sis or friend come with you where you needed to go? They're dong that hahaha.

Using RollD20 and grabbing some atmospheric music and sound effects going really helps.
I've uploaded the maps and tokens to the game and the character sheet system and dice rolling that's available in rollD20 perfectly replicates the dice system in game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed