Is it possible to gauge Shaw's stupidity? (Spoiler)

Started by mace-in-the-face, May 02, 2017, 04:27:33 AM

Author
Is it possible to gauge Shaw's stupidity? (Spoiler) (Read 2,262 times)

mace-in-the-face

Why in the hell would she solder David's head back on and then let him seal her in an engineer's cryotube after all the life-threatening bullshit he put her through? This is going to end well....

Money bet David goes "Xtro" on her ass and she ends up as the source of the first facehugger eggs.

Also, what is she eating while on the engineer ship and, you know, going to the toilet at?

NickisSmart

I asked the same questions, myself. She is incredibly naive, to say the least.

To be fair, what did David do directly to Shaw that she'd be aware of? He kills Charlie behind her back. He never confesses to the murder of Shaw's husband, and she never accuses him of it. We don't know for sure if he antagonized the last Engineer or not, so she can't blame him for that one. AND, and he notifies her of the same Engineer, who is coming to get her. He saves her life, and gives her a reason to keep living.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Given the situation, she was probably scared and was willing to risk it to have another person, or robot there with here. But yeah Im hoping for some gnarly experimentation

GrimmVision

From The Crossing prologue, it seemed they were getting along just fine. We don't know how long exactly they were searching before the found Paradise either. It looked enough as though she trusted him. I don't think she's stupid at all.

NickisSmart

Essentially we know a lot more about David than she does. Is her reaction really all that surprising? David not only saves her from the Engineer, but also helps her escape LV-223. Without him, she would have died on the moon, either by the Engineer's hand, or from exposure.

Again, she doesn't know that he murdered Charlie. She really doesn't. If she did, she certainly wouldn't have attached his head to his body.

Necronomicon II

fiveways

I really hope they don't go Xtro.  Mostly because this movie in directly or indirectly already grabbing tons from "Alien Clones" from over the years.  The neck and back/Body Buster (those terms are even used to describe it) both bare similarities to the absolute classic of italian cinema "Alien 2: On Earth". 

I saw directly or indirectly because I am pretty sure Scott hasn't seen most of these films, but the script writers i wouldn't be so sure about.  Most are younger and grew up in the period that VHS ruled supreme,

NickisSmart

Classic and Italian (exploitation) cinema. Aren't those terms mutually exclusive? :P

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: NickisSmart on May 02, 2017, 05:43:16 AM
Classic and Italian (exploitation) cinema. Aren't those terms mutually exclusive? :P
Brava

Infected

Same as "why you need weapons, its an expedition". LoL going camping on an alien planet and Shaw is like, we come in peace leave the nukes at home

whiterabbit

I bet she went into hyper sleep because she ran out of food, that and the toilet paper was running way too low. Of course the toilet was just a hole burnt into the floor by some acid.

Space dementia, the greatest cop-out for all stupid decisions made in the enormity of space.

fiveways

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on May 02, 2017, 06:34:25 AM
Quote from: NickisSmart on May 02, 2017, 05:43:16 AM
Brava

I'd put Argento and definitely Fulci in that category as well.   

7Xenos

David knows how and where to fly the U-ship. Shaw does not, but wants to go where "they came from.".

Without food and water Shaw must go into cryo. We have no idea what SJs eat.

Stanley

Quote from: 7Xenos on May 03, 2017, 02:16:52 AM

David knows how and where to fly the U-ship. Shaw does not, but wants to go where "they came from.".

Without food and water Shaw must go into cryo. We have no idea what SJs eat.

Why..they have EGGS for breakfast.  That's why they have 2000 waiting down below.   ;-)

mace-in-the-face

Quote from: fiveways on May 02, 2017, 05:39:47 AM
I really hope they don't go Xtro.  Mostly because this movie in directly or indirectly already grabbing tons from "Alien Clones" from over the years.  The neck and back/Body Buster (those terms are even used to describe it) both bare similarities to the absolute classic of italian cinema "Alien 2: On Earth". 

I saw directly or indirectly because I am pretty sure Scott hasn't seen most of these films, but the script writers i wouldn't be so sure about.  Most are younger and grew up in the period that VHS ruled supreme,

I am so glad to see someone else realizing this too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed