Aint No Jockey, just a Suit...

Started by Stanley, Apr 23, 2017, 07:24:36 PM

Author
Aint No Jockey, just a Suit... (Read 5,862 times)

Stanley

Stanley

...if the official Prometheus Twitter is accurate. 

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

i beg to differ that as the space jockey in the suit had a gaping hole in his chest where obviously a chestburster has popped out.
Chestbursters dont simply crawl into a suit and decide to burst through it for fun. they also need a living host to grow. So it wasn't merely a suit.

Arthur max is talking out of his behind.

Infected

Infected

Nice contrast of the human heads next to the engineer head, and then the original jockey from Alien next to it.
Undoubtable not the same, three different races.

irn

irn

The original looked like it had an open mouth with a tongue.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Thing is, the original looked badass.

reecebomb

reecebomb

LOL soon it will be also clear, that there is no alien. It's just something David came up with the magical black goo. What's next, i bet the black goo comes from some ancient cosmic tree or smh, the end.

Infected

Infected

Quote from: irn on Apr 23, 2017, 08:09:15 PM
The original looked like it had an open mouth with a tongue.
The elephant look without ears.

reecebomb

reecebomb

The original looked great, because it looked like lots of things, elephantine foremost, unexplainably nightmarish and gave room for infinitive imagination. Now it's reduced to human after all, the magic is gone.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: reecebomb on Apr 23, 2017, 08:30:40 PM
The original looked great, because it looked like lots of things, elephantine foremost, unexplainably nightmarish and gave room for infinitive imagination. Now it's reduced to human after all, the magic is gone.

But then science happened!

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Im in the camp that the jockey is a different being that the engineers worship/emmulate

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 23, 2017, 07:36:08 PM
i beg to differ that as the space jockey in the suit had a gaping hole in his chest where obviously a chestburster has popped out.
Chestbursters dont simply crawl into a suit and decide to burst through it for fun. they also need a living host to grow. So it wasn't merely a suit.

Arthur max is talking out of his behind.

You realise the chestuburster would have gone through suit after it ate its way out of the engineer inside?

Regardless of Ridleys intention for the Jockey whilst making Alien, it's been retconned into being a suit.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

ah wait, i'm interpreting the text wrong. i was interpreting that they were claiming that it was just the suit, and there was nothing in there. my mistake lol.
yeah, i now understood what the text reads.

such a buzzkill.I thought the interpretation of it was rather interesting in prometheus, but nevertheless it was a letdown that it were humanoids in the end.
there was so much material there with the elephantinelike shape of it all.

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Apr 23, 2017, 08:54:49 PM
Im in the camp that the jockey is a different being that the engineers worship/emmulate

The #optimistic camp.

motherfather

motherfather

The original space jockey looked to me like it had the remains of an extra large facehugger fused to its face - the elephant trunk being the facehugger tail. The being in the chair I always thought was some ogre-like giant.

They can try and sell the spacesuit idea all they want, but sorry I ain't buyin'.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Ridley is going to resurrect the Space Jockey! Seriously, the man will give fans what they want.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed