"Film Researcher" / "8-9 page document"

Started by skhellter, Apr 02, 2017, 09:00:01 PM

Author
"Film Researcher" / "8-9 page document" (Read 2,951 times)

skhellter

from slashfilm's set report of Alien Covenant.
http://www.slashfilm.com/alien-covenant-prometheus-2/

So here's 2 questions to Corporal Hicks:
Do we know who this film researcher was?...
is there a way to get a hand on this document?

was it SM? It probably was SM, right?   ;D

SM

Not me.

Which probably means they got it wrong.  ;D

skhellter

cheeky.  ;D

who got the gig, then?...

skhellter

Will the real film researcher please stand up...

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I know someone who was involved in it to some degree but I don't believe he was commissioned to do this project. It was something else and his own work from that was used in this bible. As for this specific guide, I've no idea unfortunately.

Ingwar

At least the got a guide.

whiterabbit

Yea no kidding. At least they have the foresight to draft a road map before they started to film the movie. Surprised that they even bothered to consider the AVP movies at all to be honest. Also nice that they're going to fit both AlienĀ³ and A|R into canon, instead of just dumping them. Pretty obvious as to why NB's A5 was terminated.

Valaquen

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 03, 2017, 09:21:23 AM
Pretty obvious as to why NB's A5 was terminated.

In addition to the plot being fanfiction and his last two films being dreadful flops, yes.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Yea no kidding. At least they have the foresight to draft a road map before they started to film the movie. Surprised that they even bothered to consider the AVP movies at all to be honest. Also nice that they're going to fit both AlienĀ³ and A|R into canon, instead of just dumping them. Pretty obvious as to why NB's A5 was terminated.

At this point, it's not necessarily a cause for celebration, since we have no idea if there are some things in it which are inaccurate. If the production team is mostly relying on it as a guide and it's wrong or contradicts canon in some way, there are going to be some problems.

Especially if it tries to include the recent novels and 'Fire And Stone', with bizarre things like the Deacon's nonsensical fate and colonists in Hadley's Hope alternately being mass slaughtered and partly escaping (which contradicts Hudson's claim about all the PDTs being moved to the area the Aliens use for host cocoons).

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 03, 2017, 01:15:17 PM
In addition to the plot being fanfiction and his last two films being dreadful flops, yes.

Unless you work in the industry, none of us has any clue what the plot was about, much less are in a position to judge it.

skhellter

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 03, 2017, 01:59:45 PM
Especially if it tries to include the recent novels and 'Fire And Stone',

That would be funny... and terrible.

At this point, it sounds like the "film researcher"
might have been some sort of low level intern who saw Alien and Aliens once.
:P

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2017, 08:08:02 AM
I know someone who was involved in it to some degree but I don't believe he was commissioned to do this project. It was something else and his own work from that was used in this bible. As for this specific guide, I've no idea unfortunately.

thanks for the info.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 03, 2017, 01:15:17 PM
Pretty obvious as to why NB's A5 was terminated.

But lets pretend Exodus: Gods and Kings, Robin Hood and The Councilor never happened, right?  ;)

Quote from: skhellter on Apr 03, 2017, 02:18:22 PM
That would be funny... and terrible.

At this point, it sounds like the "film researcher"
might have been some sort of low level intern who saw Alien and Aliens once.
:P

It's actually pretty hilarious, when you think about it. They probably hired some kid to tell Ridley what made Alien tick and how he's not allowed to break the rules that film made. Shit, didn't he direct the bloody thing?  :laugh:

whiterabbit

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 03, 2017, 01:59:45 PM
At this point, it's not necessarily a cause for celebration, since we have no idea if there are some things in it which are inaccurate. If the production team is mostly relying on it as a guide and it's wrong or contradicts canon in some way, there are going to be some problems.

Especially if it tries to include the recent novels and 'Fire And Stone', with bizarre things like the Deacon's nonsensical fate and colonists in Hadley's Hope alternately being mass slaughtered and partly escaping escaping (which contradicts Hudson's claim about all the PDTs being moved to the area the Aliens use for host cocoons).
Aye, that is true. It did seem like just a massive brainstorming campaign. However what they came out with should keep future movies on track. Plus I have to believe that this is only related to film regarding the context of the quote.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed