Prometheus 2: What kind of storyline do you wish to see?

Started by Blacklabel, Jan 17, 2013, 01:16:24 AM

Author
Prometheus 2: What kind of storyline do you wish to see? (Read 11,808 times)

Gates

:laugh:

Good ideas guys, I'm just not sure how marketable they are...suffice to say they have their hands full trying to come up with -- something...

Bat Chain Puller

We need to get closer to relationship of the Engineers and their creations. Was Earth intended to be a breeding ground for a biological weapon? Or were we just bad test tube babies and needed punishment? Why were the Engineers developing this weapon and to what end? Were they at war? With whom?

I would love to see that is the distant reaches of space ... that the engineers have assimilated themselves into their biotechnology. No longer recognizable as Engineers or Aliens ... they are now one.

There will need to be more human characters I feel. Whether they come from Earth on some sort of search and rescue team or if they are parallel bred races on difference planets. It can't just be Shaw and David.

How can a search and rescue ship catch up from being so far away versus the cost and time it would take? A second ship was secretly manufactured alongside the Prometheus and has been ghosting it's steps since the mission began. Just a few steps behind. It doesn't even have to be a Weyland Industries ship. Enter Yutani. 

Primordial

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jan 17, 2013, 06:58:59 PM
How can a search and rescue ship catch up from being so far away versus the cost and time it would take? A second ship was secretly manufactured alongside the Prometheus and has been ghosting it's steps since the mission began. Just a few steps behind. It doesn't even have to be a Weyland Industries ship. Enter Yutani.
It looks as a good way to do things since the destination of Prometheus ship was supposed to be undisclosed and no one on Earth should know where they were headed to (Lv-223).
Just hope this Yutani ship discovers that David and Shaw are going to Paradise, and they can follow the speed of the Juggernaut...

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: PrimitifAlien on Jan 17, 2013, 09:49:31 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jan 17, 2013, 06:58:59 PM
It looks as a good way to do things since the destination of Prometheus ship was supposed to be undisclosed and no one on Earth should know where they were headed to (Lv-223).
Just hope this Yutani ship discovers that David and Shaw are going to Paradise, and they can follow the speed of the Juggernaut...

If you take the ad campaign for Prometheus as Canon (or at least as some insight into the back story) Yutani appeared to have either worked with Weyland Industries in the selection process of the crew or hacked into their files and watched 'eyes only' material regarding the mission. It was one or the other. I don't recall where the general conscious left it.

Good point about the hypothetical ship being able to catch up to (or at least be able to trace) the juggernaut.

Dealing with the Deacon and any other abnormalities that came from the 'disruption' on LV-223 would be a nice first act.

On the subject of returning actors. Obviously everyone on board the Prometheus was reduced to very small ashes. The only actors who could conceivably return (albeit possibly ridiculously) would be Theron and Pierce. Vickers could have survived just as easily as Shaw did if they wanted her to.

Vickers scratching a living on the surface of LV-223 would probably be better suited for a fan film. Cat and Mousing the Deacon. Trying to find a way back onto the lifeboat. Salvaging useful scrap from the collision. Like Cast Away but with Aliens.  :laugh:

Weyland could return as an android I suppose. It wouldn't be out of character for Weyland to have made a robot in his image. As to how it would fit and be relevant in a new story is beyond me however.

Nightmare Asylum

I've thought of bringing another Vickers in as a robot, but not once did it cross my mind that GUy Pearce could come back (without makeup!) as a Weyland-bot.

If they take Prometheus's sequel(s) into a post-AlienĀ³ time period, I'd love to see Lance Henriksen back as his human character. Would be interesting to see him (and Weyland Yutani) in general collapsing and plummeting financially after Ripley's sacrifice, and then they get word of Shaw and her adventures on Paradise. In a last ditch effort, WY tries to get their hands on an Alien via Shaw and the Engineers, eventually leading to the downfall of WY.

Bat Chain Puller

As much as I (and everyone else) adored Micheal Fassbender as David ... from a screenplay point of view it would maybe have made more sense if the robot was already a young version of Weyland.

Imagine a version of Prometheus were Micheal Fassbender had played both roles. Or if Guy Peirce had done the same. I think I would have preferred Max Von Sydow as old Weyland. That would have been pretty epic. Dat voice.

Nightmare -

They could very well take the series into the future. If David is able to figure out the Engineer's stasis chambers there is virtually no limit to how long Shaw could be preserved.

And as tempting as it would be for SOME PEOPLE to have Ripley 8, Call, and the surviving mercs meet up with David and Shaw ... I feel it would just cartwheel into AVP territory. And explode. Into shit.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, having Shaw meet up with Ripley 8 has almost no chance of being successful. But I have no problem with Ripley's sacrifice and some action from Shaw leading to Weyland Yutani's downfall. Also, assuming that the Derelict survived the explosion in Aliens, they could have something in a post-AlienĀ³ story render it useless to Weyland Yutani and the USM.

But first, I think we should see Weyland Yutani's formation :D

Bat Chain Puller

I agree wholeheartedly.

But it's threads like these that result in the ultimate dissatisfaction with follow up films in general. As much as I like to speculate and dream up scenarios and things I'd love to see and places for the story to go ... it's ... none of it ... in our hands.  :-\

*reigns in expectations*

Vepariga

Id like to see the engineers homeworld,Shaw gets there has a convo but since she is the only female there the Engineers conspire and turn her into the first Alien queen and lays eggs and bada bing bada boom  :laugh:

Spoiler
not really.
[close]

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Vepariga on Jan 17, 2013, 10:43:03 PM
Id like to see the engineers homeworld,Shaw gets there has a convo but since she is the only female there the Engineers conspire and turn her into the first Alien queen and lays eggs and bada bing bada boom  :laugh:

Spoiler
not really.
[close]

Change it from a Queen to something else and get Lars von Trier to write and direct and you might be on to something.

At least Cvalda would give it a chance.

Spoiler
[close]

Space Sweeper

Cvalda

It wouldn't be a Lars Von Trier Prometheus sequel until Noomi Rapace starts eating her jumpsuit halfway through production from stress.

Space Sweeper

Or hunger. I mean, what the f**k does she have to eat now?

Cvalda

I meant behind the scenes.

Space Sweeper

And yet my question stands.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed