Alien Covenant's Box Office Prediction!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Mar 25, 2017, 05:03:28 PM

What do you think of Box office.Com's prediction??

It will be waaay higher than that!!
34 (66.7%)
That's just about right!!
12 (23.5%)
This will be looower than projected numbers!!
5 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author
Alien Covenant's Box Office Prediction!! (Read 23,405 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Boxoffice.com has revealed their BO totals for Covenant.

QuoteAlien: Covenant

Five years after Ridley Scott returned to the franchise with Prometheus, the veteran filmmaker is taking another stab at the series that helped cement him as one of the most influential science fiction directors of any generation. Fans are excited by the potential of his return and another strong ensemble cast, as well as the encouraging first trailers that have been met with generally positive reactions online.

Still, Prometheus left many divisive opinions among moviegoers, and the law of diminishing returns dictates it will be tough to reignite the broader intrigue that drove the franchise in its early days since this is technically another prequel to the classic original film. Word of mouth will be very important after opening weekend.       

THE PREDICTION:

Quote                                    3-Day Wide Opening.     Domestic Total
Alien: Covenant           $35,000,000                 $90,000,000        

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-alien-covenant-diary-wimpy-kid-long-haul-everything-everything/   

Protozoid

That's in the ballpark of what some predictions were for Prometheus, and it ended up doing significantly better. I imagine that Fox is hoping to do better than that, though.

MajorB

We'll see. There's going to be an absolute marketing blitz around Alien Day that they're not accounting for.

BishopShouldGo

Absolutely no one is going to see the massive success of Covenant coming. It's going to be a juggernaut. Heh.

People are craving an epic monster movie by way of Alien. I can sense it in the air. Prometheus divisive, finishing returns... that's all yada yada. It doesn't apply to this movie because it really is anew. What with the title and the genre shift from Prometheus.

$70mm opening weekend
$160mm domestic
$450mm international

$610mm total.

Russ840

I really thing this will do big numbers. I think I'm on the same wave length and BishopShouldGo with this. £600 mil

Stolen

$ 95M is really a very low prediction.

My prediction
$ 55M Opening Weekend
$ 146M Domestic
$ 340M International

$ 480-500M worldwide. This would be really excellent if Covenant's budget is $ 100M

juxtapose

juxtapose

i would guess around 500 mil worldwide. .which  i think is more than enought to ensure more prequels and sequals and prequals to prequals and whatever scott is planning. .

ofcause i would want it to make a billion. .but realisticly it's not child and family friendly enough. .

irn

They need to somehow clear up what this film is to the casual moviegoing audience. I've met people who think that this is a remake of Alien and others that think it's Alien 5.

whiterabbit

This is an R rated movie so... f**k it. 125M opening weekend.  :laugh:

We're thirsty for that good old alien blood people and it is Alien with a capital A! Although I really think it can pull off a 90M opening if it is at least good.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 25, 2017, 08:55:10 PM
This would be really excellent if Covenant's budget is $ 100M

I'll be interested to know what the actual budget it. I don't expect it to be that high but it'll be interesting to know just how much confidence Fox had in this.

shawsbaby

I think people will embrace this more fully as an actual reboot of the Alien franchise. It will earn in the neighborhood of $50 million in its opening weekend but drop off fairly quickly like Prometheus. I think domestic gross of about $100 million.

Corporal Hicks

Quality and word of mouth/internet will likely have a big factor.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 26, 2017, 03:26:46 PM
Quality and word of mouth/internet will likely have a big factor.

Then you need to get the word out through your connections.

Corporal Hicks

It's nothing to do with me. I'm saying that either way, good or bad, people's reactions will play a factor in how much it takes. If it's bad, people wont be as likely to see it. The film needs to be good.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 26, 2017, 03:31:27 PM
It's nothing to do with me. I'm saying that either way, good or bad, people's reactions will play a factor in how much it takes. If it's bad, people wont be as likely to see it. The film needs to be good.

I agree let's keep fingers crossed.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed