Ridley Scott on the hard road to Alien

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 24, 2019, 02:58:03 PM

Author
Ridley Scott on the hard road to Alien (Read 23,554 times)

Corporal Hicks

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/alien-ridley-scott-reveals-how-iconic-scene-went-wrong-1213109?

QuoteAs the sci-fi classic turns 40, the filmmaker recalls doubling his budget in a single meeting with Fox, Warren Beatty recommending Sigourney Weaver as Ripley and how that chestburster scene almost went completely wrong.

Local Trouble

QuoteTo his credit, studio CEO Alan Ladd Jr. wisely did not seek to simply clone the heroic bravado storytelling of George Lucas' space fantasy that audiences were lining up to see over and over and over — and producers were stumbling over each other to replicate.

"Laddie is honestly a formidably good spotter of good material," comments Scott. "Look at his track record: Before Alien and Star Wars, you're looking at Omen, then you're looking at Star Wars, then you look at me, then you're looking at Braveheart. This guy's clearly got good judgment on good material."

The Old One

The Old One

Absolute mad lad.

Ingwar

QuoteRuminating on the immediate future of the Alien franchise, now that Disney has acquired 21st Century Fox, Scott confirms that there are discussions for future installments, but warns that if the basic premise of "the beast" does not evolve like the Xenomorph itself, the "joke" gets old.

QuoteInexorably tied to the Alien franchise for 40 years now, Scott insists that pushing a fresh take and not overly rehashing the nostalgic may just be the key to maintaining multiple life cycles in the future. "Go on, leave that behind, and see where it can evolve," he declares. "So we're looking where we're going to evolve."

Still Collating...

I'm not opposed to change, but damn is that a slippery slope when it comes to him...

Still, one more movie by him, with David and then something else please.

proto leech

Remember the alien is "cooked", no one wants to see them anymore.

Bald albinos, ghouliens, and evil robots are what people want now. so fresh so evolved.

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 25, 2019, 05:43:55 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on May 24, 2019, 06:32:22 PM
Quote"evolve."

His favourite word.  :laugh:

When Scott says "evolve" he thinks "I have no plan" ;) He goes with the flow.

Huggs

RidgeTop

Quote"I think Alien vs. Predator was a daft idea. And I'm not sure it did very well or not, I don't know."

It did: https://www.boxofficemojo.com/franchises/chart/?id=alien.htm

[cancerblack]

Quote from: King geedorah on May 25, 2019, 07:35:57 PM

Bald albinos, ghouliens, and evil robots

Sign me the f**k up tbh

Huggs

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 25, 2019, 10:54:26 PM
Quote from: King geedorah on May 25, 2019, 07:35:57 PM

Bald albinos, ghouliens, and evil robots

Sign me the f**k up tbh

Didn't we have those in Logan?

RidgeTop

Call me crazy, but the Alien is kind of an important element of the Alien franchise. I love hearing Scott talk about his experience with the first film, but as far as his ideas regarding the franchise now and where to take it, couldn't disagree more. I think the 40th Anniversary shorts and Alien Isolation both proved his hypothesis incorrect.

Huggs

Darn monsters ruining their own movies.

Adam Jaber

Adam Jaber

I glad Disney let Ridley Scott Gonna doing on ALIEN AND ALIEN COVENANT 3 as well And I glad Disney do more space for both covenant sequel And Disney has own a alien and another alien too for fox and now Disney/Fox will do more sequel movie is Alien Predator Maze Runner Avater And All Of Then And people so happy how we being waiting for and now Future of the Alien Predator Maze Runner Avater And All Of Then Will Release Date Somethings Alien and other movie will never ever cancelled Anymore we are happy at all So Happy Future Of The Alien Day And Other Sequel Movie Day Too :)  :)  :)  :) :) 😇😌😊😄😀

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed