The Emissary Predator Arrives In Predator: Hunting Grounds!

Started by SuperiorIronman, Apr 19, 2022, 06:35:10 PM

Author
The Emissary Predator Arrives In Predator: Hunting Grounds! (Read 10,248 times)

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Emissary Predator is out now, check your storefronts.

- No new weapons
- 15 gear points
- 9 Perk points
- Enraged, Savage, Wrathful

Download took longer than usual. ANYWAYS. Yeah he's half assed. Whoever is in charge of modelling these guys seriously needs to be fired at this point because you can't convince me they give a shit.

In the customization menu they remembered he doesn't have more than one gauntlet, the bad news is they forgot to actually model it. So instead they took the top half of Jungle Hunter's and slapped it on his wrist. Like all suit Predators in The Predator, he had one of Fugitive's. The face model does not resemble either film counterpart either. It is the same default head as before, this time with the super Predator textures resized to fit the head. Which also doesn't match the skin texture on the body. So not only are they wrong, they also couldn't commit to being wrong. So the head can be gray, but the body remains the default color. There was no backpack either. They literally just had to put the gun on his shoulder like Wolf, and since he lacked a gun in the movie they literally could've reused the asset. In addition, it's a reused asset from Cleopatra. No it doesn't look right mounted on his shoulder. It's big, bulky, and goes against the entire aesthetic of the 4th film.

The helmet looks looks fine, but its only because seemingly nobody can replicate that thing's proportions so I'm used to it by now. But whoever was modelling once again used Halloween/Cosplay gear as a base because it's clearly based on the rubies mask.

As the last few releases the wrist launcher if selected will be visible on Emissary and unlike a lot of the prior releases given the lack of extra gauntlet, it looks alright though you still can't color the damn thing.

No new weapons either. This time its even more glaring given The Predator has its main Predator using a rifle, and the Emissary packaged with an LMG by Neca. Not saying they need the LMG, but they couldn't be bothered to reuse an asset they already use with the fireteam. We've been asking for new ranged weapons and the one time where the Predator comes from a film filled with them, we don't get any.

In-game the lighting issue from Wolf is once again back. No, he does use the 87 roar. They committed so much to being different but didn't bother to change that again.

Other than that it looks like Exile's dreadlocks are "Tank's" which is a reward for reaching level 500.

Kailem

Gotta be honest, I really wasn't expecting this update for another week or two. And my money was on Celtic to be released rather than Emissary, so that's surprising.

Also just going by the bio, even though he's very clearly based on the Emissaries from The Predator, I'm kinda taking this as an "original" character in the same way that Exiled is, even though he's clearly based on the Preds from the first arc of the Hunters comic. That way I can easily get over any inconsistencies between this one and either of the ones we (didn't) see in the movie.

Unless it's a case of more technical issues though, on which case those would continue to suck.

Voodoo Magic

Well this is surprising...

Kradan

Take that, The Predator haters !

SuperiorIronman

This might be an indicator of what they're gonna do with Celtic. Since no head was ever shown for him outside merchandise which was just Scar, we're likely going to get the default head.

Anyone else find it weird the Shuriken still isn't released though? Like what is it going to be released with then, if not Wolf or here, then Celtic maybe?

Samhain13

Samhain13

He is a Berserker variant aka the worse class on the game, very similar stats. Just as bad of an update as the last one. No new wearpons, gear or any passive abilites that would make this class more unique or anything, would have been better to have the Fugitive instead of this.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Honestly, this is the anniversary update.....bruh.

Well as I quote one person from the PHG Fourms:

QuoteMadisyn_Skye:

No sound bug fix, check.
No axe bug fix, check.
No Fanatic/Leader bug fix, check.
No new gear or weapons, not even a skin, check.
No balance issues fixed, check.
No nerfing the SAWZ and 1011 and increasing Pred health, check.
No increasing Wolf's gear capacity, check.
Some night levels still super dark, check.
Yep, sounds about right.

Cool beans, broski! Thanks for the Pred and shaders!

In all honesty though, maybe just...stop. Just stop. Stop releasing DLC with half-assed updates and seriously rework the game. Pay attention to the requests that your community manager passes down and actually do some real work. Or just drop the game altogether, really, we wouldn't mind. Its better than having any kind of hope for a better experience.

They are doing absolutely nothing innovative at all. THATS a goddamm shame. What is f**king appalling is that the dreadlocks of Exiled is behind a damm level up reward of 500. I'm sorry, but we paid for the DLC, we expect the ENTIRE MODEL to be included, not waiting for 6 months of the dreadlocks to be dropped in separated by a goddamm leveling system. If someone PAYS for the damm PRODUCT, WE EXPECT ALL OF THE PRODUCT to be INCLUDED ONCE WE DOWNLOAD IT.

SERIOUSLY WTF?!

I'm a just leave a link here to the fourms for people here who are out of touch of the community's feelings of the games current state, like no one is meming here, we just want the game to be better: https://forum.predator.illfonic.com/t/patch-notes-2-39/27316

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Apr 19, 2022, 08:22:00 PM
Anyone else find it weird the Shuriken still isn't released though? Like what is it going to be released with then, if not Wolf or here, then Celtic maybe?

Or perhaps it's just abandoned like Falconer's drone. It's all been very weird since Exiled if you ask me. And Exiled's dreads unlockable at level 500 even when you purchased the DLC? Unacceptable. It all seems sorely mismanaged.

Mr.Turok

Yeah this is going to be the normal from here on out, just bugged DLC characters and very little bug fixes. No real worthwhile content....

Well at least Aliens Fireteam Elite is doing the good shit, Cold Iron is showing up Illfonic on how its done.

Voodoo Magic

Oh lord no, Cold Iron has their own problems.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 20, 2022, 08:56:05 PM
Oh lord no, Cold Iron has their own problems.

Oh for sure, I seen how there need to have more campaigns, multiplayer options, and the like, but at least the game's performance and balance is being consistently worked on, compared to Illfonic fixing 3 bugs and having 10 new ones, no nerfing of overpowered weaponry, or improving the frame rate that still causes crashes even in strong computer gaming builds. I'm looking at the recent update they drop and its way nicer and fatter then what Illfonic has dropped, its insane to me that one has more going on then the other. I mean look at em:

The recent drop:
https://www.aliensfireteamelite.com/en/releasenotes/

And the one above with PHG, like I'm seeing actual changes being made compared to just a few new skins, a half baked DLC, and locking dreadlocks to a character we paid for 6 months ago only to work for what we paid for through a 500 level up wall. Cold Iron ain't perfect, but at least they are working hard on their forge.

Voodoo Magic

AFTE is still in its first year. PHG starts its third year in 4 days. Compare AFTE to PHG's first year.. or wait a few years and see where AFTE is 2+ years in, and then you have a fair comparison.

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 20, 2022, 02:38:09 PM

Or perhaps it's just abandoned like Falconer's drone. It's all been very weird since Exiled if you ask me. And Exiled's dreads unlockable at level 500 even when you purchased the DLC? Unacceptable. It all seems sorely mismanaged.

It is probably scrapped though I wouldn't actually know why. The Falcon could reuse the tech for the Smart-disk where it deploys and probably wouldn't require an animation just have the Predator look at the gauntlet, probably lasts a bit longer as well like a way to ping targets given the scanning specialization. Or they could be lazy and do it like the UAV. We even have precedent for the Falcon slamming into people from the mobile games so they barely have to change anything.

Hell, the shuriken much as I don't want it to be that could've been a variant of smart-disk.

I really don't know what Illfonic's aversion to ranged content is. But given this release should be Fugitive, they actually could've reused the Wrist launcher animation and did that disk launcher from the film. So bleed instead of burn damage but they probably could've even left the damage numbers the same. It'd still have usage since your target's not on fire to give yourself away you just shot a guy.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Apr 21, 2022, 01:00:18 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 20, 2022, 02:38:09 PM

It is probably scrapped though I wouldn't actually know why. The Falcon could reuse the tech for the Smart-disk where it deploys and probably wouldn't require an animation just have the Predator look at the gauntlet, probably lasts a bit longer as well like a way to ping targets given the scanning specialization. Or they could be lazy and do it like the UAV. We even have precedent for the Falcon slamming into people from the mobile games so they barely have to change anything.

All true. And while I had applied the same concept for a Hell-Hound to be applied to a Smart Disc model (timed release - Predator can only be on the ground to release it) the Falcon drone in place of the Smart Disc in third person indeed doesn't require any animation and can get stuck in trees just the same and just tag enemies in the area. It feels so simple in programming terms, and lord yes, a UAV style would be even so much simpler. Yet we didn't get either with the Falconer? So weird.

I really don't know what Illfonic's aversion to ranged content is. But given this release should be Fugitive, they actually could've reused the Wrist launcher animation and did that disk launcher from the film. So bleed instead of burn damage but they probably could've even left the damage numbers the same. It'd still have usage since your target's not on fire to give yourself away you just shot a guy.

Yeah, it seems so simple that I wonder, am I missing something?

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 21, 2022, 03:35:29 PM
Yeah, it seems so simple that I wonder, am I missing something?

Welcome to two years, turning three, of the community wondering what in the hell is Illfonic doing with PHG. I mean I know you mentioned that comparing the years of PHG and AFTE isn't that fair, but at least they are pumping out new weapons, classes, and balance changes within each patch. I have no idea why is it difficult for Illfonic to add a Speargun and lower the damage number in some of the weapons coding. What is worse is that for the past years, they claim that they are listening in to feedback from the community but in fact do very little to nothing with it, which in turn bitters the community as by that point it seems like they take nothing serious with the actual concerns about the game's quality.

One small example is the one already brought up, the Exiled dreadlocks. It appeared in promotional screenshots so they must already have it in their systems right? So why did it take 6 months to make the drop, but then have the great idea of making people work for the dreadlocks they bought alongside the DLC? What next, they drop a Scar DLC but the dreadlocks and unique mask of his must be bought via level progression? So then what would be the point of buying the DLC if I only get 3/4ths of it?  It's so weird and I don't blame the angry backlash they have gotten from the recent drop due to this and the lack of content.

All the community knows is that Illfonic claims they cannot talk about what is up and coming due to red tape reasons but things are coming. But if the last 4 patches proved anything, is that this isn't looking good at all, and no one in the community is believing this "red tape reason" anymore.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed