Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM

Author
Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. (Read 103,226 times)

Local Trouble

chopperXgill

I always thought the duel plasma cannons was a genius idea. The design of Wolf as a whole is just amazing. A 4K color correction for this film would do so much justice for this predator design.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: chopperXgill on Nov 26, 2021, 05:10:00 AM
I always thought the duel plasma cannons was a genius idea.

Yeah, when Wolf slapped on the second plasma caster after he found his buds dead, it just conveyed an air and attitude of... I ain't f*cking around now!

Corporal Hicks

Can't argue with the dual casters. I always thought that was wicked. Was also nice to see a Predator pistol on the big screen, even if it was only just a field converted shoulder cannon. I dug the look of that. Would love a replica of that.

Kradan

I can appreciate the design but Predpistol isn't my jam. I don't like when Predators' weaponry begins to resemble generic commonplace Earth weaponry too much. For the same reason I don't like the idea of Predator using a sword-like weapon. Predator gun's place is on his shoulder, he can control it giving mental commands, that's  what makes it cool and unique, he should never just hold it in his hands.

IMO

BigDaddyJohn

I'm not fond of predator pistol also, but I love things like swords, or in AVPR's case, the f**king whip ! That thing was amazing !

Kradan

Oh yeah, whip rocks !

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Nov 27, 2021, 02:40:27 PM
I'm not fond of predator pistol also, but I love things like swords, or in AVPR's case, the f**king whip ! That thing was amazing !

Indeed, the whip is just fantastic!

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 27, 2021, 03:08:32 PM
Oh yeah, whip rocks !

But like the pistol and the sword, the whip also resembles generic commonplace Earth weaponry.

You should instead be worshipping the smart-disc!

Kradan

Kradan

Can you slice your enemy in half with Earth whip ? That gives it extra extraterrestrial flavour for me. And what do you see more often in sci-fi: futuristic renditions of hand-held guns and swords or whips ? I wouldn't call whip a generic weapon necessarily

I would worship smart-disc, but we got much cooler IMO design in AvP 2004  :P

Also, did Wolf use the whip anywhere before rooftop fight in AvPR ? I can't remember

SiL

It's first used in the sporting store.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 28, 2021, 02:19:44 PM
Can you slice your enemy in half with Earth whip ? That gives it extra extraterrestrial flavour for me.

From the combistick spear, to the netgun, to the bow in Hunting Grounds, most of the Predator weaponry seem to be amped up in comparison to its human equivalent. And to me personally, the whip definitely feels less extraterrestrial than the combistick spear for instance, but regardless, I love them all.

Kradan

Well, I guess it's just a taste thing then. I like combistick and netgun. Bow ?  No, thanks

[cancerblack]

SiL

AvP 2 style speargun would be great.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SiL on Nov 30, 2021, 03:18:10 AM
AvP 2 style speargun would be great.

With the telescoping activation. Yes, please. I love the telescoping.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed