Could have been better. (2/5)
60 (13.1%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 456

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 276,373 times)

Imbrie

Imbrie

Quote from: gantarat on May 12, 2017, 09:48:21 AM
i don't understand why
Spoiler

Lope have alien inside him ? yeah fachugger attack him but that just few second before get cut off
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBvbmCPZ0vg&spfreload=5
[close]

The facehugger was just able to impregnate Lope very quickly. The entire lifecycles/growth of the creatures is super fast in Covenant.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

When I spoke to Bichir in the junket he said something to the effect of

Spoiler
whatever was spilled on his cheek - which I took to be acid - (I can't remember the exact wording) was responsible for infecting him.
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Hopefully should be seeing this on Saturday or Sunday. So will finally be able to read spoilers after then lol

This will be the first Alien film I will have seen in the Cinema, so should be fun

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 12, 2017, 09:56:42 AM
When I spoke to Bichir in the junket he said something to the effect of

Spoiler
whatever was spilled on his cheek - which I took to be acid - (I can't remember the exact wording) was responsible for infecting him.
[close]

??? :o

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I wonder if the "waaa?" I was thinking showed.  :laugh:

Evanus

Evanus

Now that's interesting indeed...

And probably bullshit. It's just acid, right?

USS-Sulaco

USS-Sulaco

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 12, 2017, 10:23:53 AM
I wonder if the "waaa?" I was thinking showed.  :laugh:

Lol some of these actors clearly have little idea of the bigger picture of what they work on. At least he gave a good performance and collected his paycheque. Even fassbender in some of his interviews sounds like he's struggling to make up shit as he goes along

Kimo

Kimo

Quote from: 900SL on May 12, 2017, 07:05:07 AM
Quote from: Kimo on May 12, 2017, 05:25:37 AM
I'm surprised​ by some of the hate for Covenant in this thread. Covenant had its problems but overall its a half decent Alien/Prometheus flix... Look on the bright side kids? Think of the worst case scenario? We could all be ultimate Terminator Fans and live and breath Terminator 24/7 and all we have had in the last 20years is Terminator 3, Sarah Conner Chronicles, Salvation and that God awful Terminator genisys to cry over and moan about. Just think of them poor bastards.  ;D

The only way to get the films you want is to reject those that regard you as a mindless consumer of junk. Unless, of course, you are a mindless consumer of junk, in which case you'll be delighted.

Or the studio's need to stop milking films and dumbing down on ratings.

Btw for the person who said what about the AVP films being shit? Well yah the are bad films but for me they are not set in the same universe as Alien. Prometheus and Covenant are in the same universe.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Why did Mother

Spoiler
open colonists' cryosleep quarters for David at the end of the movie? Walter was Covenant's only synthetic not David. No security protocol? She even calls him David but it the final log Walter uses his real name which is a signal for Mother that something's wrong. Confusing.
[close]

dave1978

dave1978

I got the impression it was all pre planned by Weyland,  Walter gave off the feeling that he knew all along what was going down.

TheDerelict

TheDerelict

Saw the film last night with my brother and I'm going to see it again tonight. I absolutely loved this film. The characters, the location, the alien, the gore and double fassbender is always a win. When David calls Walter "sport" I laughed.
I was smiling and on the edge of my seat the whole time.
Some genuinely creepy moments aswell, when rosenthal turns round to see the neomorph standing their looking down at her breathing like a sex pest I though was disturbing.
And the scene with fassbender and Daniels at the cryo pod at the end, even though obvious from a mile away blew me away.
I can see why some people don't like this film but I can see why some love it too.
I loved it. I though Billy Crudup was great also.
And exploring the crashed derilict and finding the Prometheus space suit gave me goose bumps. I don't normally gush like this over films and much as I love the original quadrilogy I'm happy and excited for a fresh direction with the franchise and I think this gives us that. This film also really compliments Prometheus which I also love.
There's so much more I could say but I won't spoil it for anyone.
Bar some minor elements I thought were a bit suspect the film was everything I hoped it would be.
I give the film a 9.5 out of 10

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Ingwar on May 12, 2017, 10:48:59 AMWhy did Mother

Spoiler
open colonists' cryosleep quarters for David at the end of the movie? Walter was Covenant's only synthetic not David. No security protocol? She even calls him David but it the final log Walter uses his real name which is a signal for Mother that something's wrong. Confusing.[/spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
I figured he simply accessed Mother by assuming David's personality before entering himself as a valid crewmember.
[close]

cucuchu

cucuchu

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 12, 2017, 11:03:52 AM
Quote from: Ingwar on May 12, 2017, 10:48:59 AMWhy did Mother

Spoiler
open colonists' cryosleep quarters for David at the end of the movie? Walter was Covenant's only synthetic not David. No security protocol? She even calls him David but it the final log Walter uses his real name which is a signal for Mother that something's wrong. Confusing.[/spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
I figured he simply accessed Mother by assuming David's personality before entering himself as a valid crewmember.
[close]

I have yet to see the movie but could it be possible that David
Spoiler
somehow uploaded himself into Walters body? I mean, really an AI's mind would be nothing but a software package installed within the AI synthetic persons hardware (their body)
[close]

900SL

900SL

Quote from: gantarat on May 12, 2017, 08:35:42 AM
Alien Blomkamp's concept art

Why are they wearing benq projectors on their heads? Are the Aliens going to play 'Hangover 2' to the terrified populace?

Look into my eye

2.00PM today, can't wait.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed