Could have been better. (2/5)
60 (13.1%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.6%)

Total Members Voted: 456

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 276,559 times)

Taxemic

Taxemic

I thought the score was great too.

PierreVW

PierreVW

Quote from: Sway on May 12, 2017, 05:34:32 AM
"A failure but an interesting failure" -----Spot on and beautifully said, my friend

Thanks.

Maybe in the future, PROMETHEUS is going to be rediscovered like BLADE RUNNER.

I don't know anymore.

dave1978

dave1978

Now thats how you do an Alien movie,  i thought it was totally brilliant. 

Over the years i have been one of Prometheus's harshest critics but Alien covenant was such a relief that they pulled it off. 

Yes there are faults and one dissapointment was the cut scenes of the Alien,  what happened to the red corridor,  where was the scene with Mother "its 4 feet above you"?    We have to remember the incredibly high standards by which we are judging this film,  Alien & Aliens are freaks of cinema,  films like that will never be achieved ever again 10 out of 10's.  But Covenant easily gains a healthy 8/10.

Best scene of the film has to be the birth of the main Xeno,  the way it and David stand looking at each other, wonderful stuff.

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: dave1978 on May 12, 2017, 06:03:18 AM

Over the years i have been one of Prometheus's harshest critics but Alien covenant was such a relief that they pulled it off. 

Yes there are faults and one dissapointment was the cut scenes of the Alien,  what happened to the red corridor,  where was the scene with Mother "its 4 feet above you"?    We have to remember the incredibly high standards by which we are judging this film,  Alien & Aliens are freaks of cinema,  films like that will never be achieved ever again 10 out of 10's.  But Covenant easily gains a healthy 8/10.

Best scene of the film has to be the birth of the main Xeno,  the way it and David stand looking at each other, wonderful stuff.

look stupid to me. (i hear some people giggle)

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: newagescamartist on May 12, 2017, 01:47:17 AM
Quote from: bacchus on May 12, 2017, 12:31:37 AM
Personally I'd rate them...

1. Aliens (10/10)
2. Alien 3 (8/10)
3. Prometheus (7.5/10)
4. Alien Covenant (3/10)
5. Alien (3/10)
6. Alien Resurrection (3/10)
7. AvP (1/10)
8. AvP:R (0/10)

Yes, I know I'm weird for hating the original. But I saw Aliens and Alien 3 before I saw Alien and found it dull and dated after seeing the other two. Would definitely have appreciated it more if I had seen it at release I'm sure.

Strange rankings. I love how different everyone's taste is.

Which is why the opinions here are largely academic, although interesting, and don't really reflect the reality (only our own reality of course).

juxtapose

juxtapose

. .how many birth scenes are in this movie. .back, throat and chest. .so counting 3 and how many neo's are running around?. .and just one xeno i am guessing?

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: juxtapose on May 12, 2017, 06:40:45 AM
. .how many birth scenes are in this movie. .back, throat and chest. .so counting 3 and how many neo's are running around?. .and just one xeno i am guessing?

2 neo 2 xeno

USS-Sulaco

USS-Sulaco

Quote from: gantarat on May 12, 2017, 06:26:01 AM

That's how I felt. I think there was a collective cringe in the cinema I was in over that shite

juxtapose

juxtapose

awesome!

900SL

900SL

Quote from: Kimo on May 12, 2017, 05:25:37 AM
I'm surprised​ by some of the hate for Covenant in this thread. Covenant had its problems but overall its a half decent Alien/Prometheus flix... Look on the bright side kids? Think of the worst case scenario? We could all be ultimate Terminator Fans and live and breath Terminator 24/7 and all we have had in the last 20years is Terminator 3, Sarah Conner Chronicles, Salvation and that God awful Terminator genisys to cry over and moan about. Just think of them poor bastards.  ;D

The only way to get the films you want is to reject those that regard you as a mindless consumer of junk. Unless, of course, you are a mindless consumer of junk, in which case you'll be delighted.

ebbhead40

ebbhead40

Quote from: USS-Sulaco on May 12, 2017, 06:51:08 AM

That's how I felt. I think there was a collective cringe in the cinema I was in over that shite

Thats the point my 'willing the film to get better' ran out, I think. There were lots of laughs, FFS's, tuts and facepalms going on where I was.

*wavey hands*
"Hello Mr David!! Screeeeeee!!"

gantarat

gantarat

Quote from: ebbhead40 on May 12, 2017, 07:27:23 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxlbLVcpqI

Thats the point my 'willing the film to get better' ran out, I think. There were lots of laughs, FFS's, tuts and facepalms going on where I was.

*wavey hands*

Darth Vile

Darth Vile

Quote from: 900SL on May 12, 2017, 07:05:07 AM
Quote from: Kimo on May 12, 2017, 05:25:37 AM
I'm surprised​ by some of the hate for Covenant in this thread. Covenant had its problems but overall its a half decent Alien/Prometheus flix... Look on the bright side kids? Think of the worst case scenario? We could all be ultimate Terminator Fans and live and breath Terminator 24/7 and all we have had in the last 20years is Terminator 3, Sarah Conner Chronicles, Salvation and that God awful Terminator genisys to cry over and moan about. Just think of them poor bastards.  ;D

The only way to get the films you want is to reject those that regard you as a mindless consumer of junk. Unless, of course, you are a mindless consumer of junk, in which case you'll be delighted.
Or simply refrain from supporting endless franchises, sequels, geek communities/culture... and instead, support new films/drama etc. We're all sucking on the same teet...

Alien³

Alien³

USS-Sulaco

USS-Sulaco

Quote from: ebbhead40 on May 12, 2017, 07:27:23 AM

*wavey hands*

Haha at least I was enjoying the film thoroughly to that point. Would've been even worse if I wasn't and then that was the icing on the turd cake (had even suspended my disbelief on Orams about turn after calling David the devil and then 180 turn 'oh actually I might trust you after all you old rascal, lead me to my death')

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed