Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,371 times)

Astronoë

Astronoë

Quote from: newagescamartist on Dec 28, 2016, 10:37:20 PMFor the last time, I saw the movie. You think I'm not smart enough to know it leads directly into A New Hope? Derp. That's what the whole movie was about. It still had needless reference to the original trilogy. No matter how much you try to spin it, Rogue One is not a part of the original trilogy. It's certainly related, but it's separate at the same time. And yes, a lot of the references were just fan service nostalgia. For instance:
Spoiler
Showing us Ponda Baba and the other outlaw minutes before the death star is used.
[close]
That reference served no other purpose other than to wink at the audience. Quite frankly, I'm starting to wonder if you even saw the film yourself.

K2SO gave us the humor, you r referring to easter eggs that didn't change anything, ur whining for the sake of whining methinks..

newagescamartist

Quote from: SM on Dec 28, 2016, 10:44:52 PM
A thread for all your Star Wars bickering needs

You're absolutely right. Sorry for the diversion. I'm here to talk about Alien.

tylerland1010

Everyone has probably seen if you skip to 1:32 - 1:35 mark and slow it right down you can see the new Neomorph but just before like is a seen which is David walking through the high grass. Do the same thing and look at the bottom right hand corner... Does that not look like a larger Neomorph/Xenomorph running beside him? I can't get a good enough picture because its too dark even if I screw around with the exposure... Any feed back?

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Anyone get a good look at this pic?? It appears someone is standing in the doorway of drop ship!!

Quote from: tylerland1010 on Dec 28, 2016, 11:50:46 PM
Everyone has probably seen if you skip to 1:32 - 1:35 mark and slow it right down you can see the new Neomorph but just before like is a seen which is David walking through the high grass. Do the same thing and look at the bottom right hand corner... Does that not look like a larger Neomorph/Xenomorph running beside him? I can't get a good enough picture because its too dark even if I screw around with the exposure... Any feed back?

Yes there does seem to be something moving around near his left side!!

shawsbaby

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Dec 28, 2016, 11:55:45 PM
Anyone get a good look at this pic?? It appears someone is standing in the doorway of drop ship!!

Looks like a person is on fire?

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: juxtapose on Dec 28, 2016, 07:17:26 AM
. .she has her own personal religious beliefs. . The cross is a reminder of that and a connection to her father. . I doubt your typical christian is gonna embrace the idea of engineers and neither your typical atheist. . .she is very open minded about religion. .i saw her as a scientist who hung on the speritual ideas. . Christians claim to know exactly were we come from and who and what god is. . Thats not what i got from shaw. .she was looking for answers. . Their was no blind faith. .

We Christians believe that God is Love.  There is no further definition or description that goes beyond this.

Where do we come from?  Well we Christians believe that God created us.  Whether the seven days are metaphors, who knows?  In the beginning was the word.  That implies that in the beginning, we were information, which is largely in line with some of the current leading scientific theories.  The universe is information.

anduu

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Dec 28, 2016, 11:55:45 PM

Quote from: tylerland1010 on Dec 28, 2016, 11:50:46 PM

Yes there does seem to be something moving around near his left side!!

The grass on his left side isn't moving...on really close inspection it just appears to be the grass in the very near foreground shifting a bit.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Murph Morph on Dec 28, 2016, 03:38:25 PM
"The idea that a scientist can't also be a believer is incredibly narrow minded."

Depends on the level of belief, and whether your belief takes over and overshadows rational thinking, like joining a massive expedition to "find our makers" based on paintings(!) because she merely "chose to believe".

Comedy gold right there. That's some prime religious fanatic behaviour, hence my comment that Shaw is a religious and naive wacko.

It is also, again, poor writing like most critics perfectly pointed out, regardless of the other good qualities the film had like the cinematography, art direction etc.

A scientist CAN also be a believer.  Science is effectively a discipline which is based on a collection of the quantitative observations of our universe.  By it's very nature, this means a scientist can only collect these quantitative observations when they are alive.  There is not quantitative knowledge of the experience beyond death.  One can only hypothesize.  It would be a perfectly sound scientific hypothesis to suggest that we are living in a matrix-like reality and that death is really only akin to being unplugged from one program, and plugged into another.  We see precedent for this sort of thing in our own computers and especially video games.  But none of this can be proved, because nobody (except Jesus, Lazarus, etc. if you believe) has ever come back from beyond death's door.  So any speculation on what lies beyond death, can only be speculative and faith based, even for a scientist.

Quote from: Dan on Dec 29, 2016, 02:44:17 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cYVQlvEdL6s
I dont know was it or not but there's a prometheus style version of the trailer and its something i missed from the last minute of the trailer wich was great anyway.Maybe in the next one.

By the way crazy how many comment are there.:) What's gonna happen when the movie comes out? I just checked the first posts on this site now and there's no comments on posts like Stan Winston not involved in Avp.(he's not asked to be back, what a shame) That movie could be much better with him just by the look of the creatures.

You are aware Stan Winston passed away a while ago right?

OpenMaw

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 29, 2016, 03:04:15 AM

He was alive in 2004.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: OpenMaw on Dec 29, 2016, 03:20:24 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 29, 2016, 03:04:15 AM

He was alive in 2004.

Wasn't sure if I read your previous post correctly mate.  All good.  Sigh.  He is missed... ;)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 28, 2016, 10:24:22 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Dec 28, 2016, 07:12:41 PM
That's the thing with atheism, if there was 100% evidence of God, then they'd believe he exists. So why wouldn't they accept Engineers?

If you have a proof you don't have to believe anymore. You just accept the fact. Belief is not important if you got evidence.

That's true.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Dec 29, 2016, 04:48:15 AM
Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 28, 2016, 10:24:22 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Dec 28, 2016, 07:12:41 PM
That's the thing with atheism, if there was 100% evidence of God, then they'd believe he exists. So why wouldn't they accept Engineers?

If you have a proof you don't have to believe anymore. You just accept the fact. Belief is not important if you got evidence.

That's true.

We're on a tangent but...

Almost correct I would say, but perhaps not completely.

Belief in God is only "important" if there is a God and it matters to Him whether you believe in Him or not.

Belief most appropriately is described as a question of "inescapable necessity" when you are considering God or notions of the afterlife.  Since there is no possible way of telling what is beyond death, and no way of quantifying that information through a scientific process, belief is the only notion that can be applied here.  Whether you believe there is something more, or that there is not, it is still a belief.  The idea of belief is so "necessary" here, to the point that it is inescapable.  Even if you choose to be agnostic about the existence of God or the afterlife, that is still a belief.  There is no empirical evidence for that position or the other two.  There is no way to "definitively" know.

This is a fundamental limitation of science, along with an inability to identify, much less discern between notions of right and wrong.

Bughunter S. Thomson

These guys aren't hardcore Alien fans, but this is an honest, layman critique of the new trailer. While I'm not as cinical as them, some of the points they make do show the gripes a lot of people have with the new trailer, and for a few of them, myself included.

CainsSon

Ive said it before and I'll say it again: The easily entertained ruin everything.

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

I don't really have time to watch a half hour reaction to a movie's first and only trailer...

I'll stick by my opinion that the trailer was average to above average at best with some good parts but still just a trailer.

Look at Dredd (2012), the movie as far as I am concerned is great, and I know I'm not alone on that, and it just shits all over Stallone's Judge Dredd, but the movie had a terrible marketing campaign and didn't even break even at the box office.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed