Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 129,879 times)

Murph Morph

"The idea that a scientist can't also be a believer is incredibly narrow minded."

Depends on the level of belief, and whether your belief takes over and overshadows rational thinking, like joining a massive expedition to "find our makers" based on paintings(!) because she merely "chose to believe".

Comedy gold right there. That's some prime religious fanatic behaviour, hence my comment that Shaw is a religious and naive wacko.

It is also, again, poor writing like most critics perfectly pointed out, regardless of the other good qualities the film had like the cinematography, art direction etc.

Astronoë

Is it confirmed that it's Weyland in this shot sitting on that throne? Because it felt like it was David and Walter came in..we see David in the same scene wearing white like the figure that is sitting down.

Can anyone identify the throne? I'm take a wild guess, south-east Asian? Indonesian? Some ancient Shiva thingy?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Astronoë on Dec 28, 2016, 06:35:25 PM
Is it confirmed that it's Weyland in this shot sitting on that throne? Because it felt like it was David and Walter came in..we see David in the same scene wearing white like the figure that is sitting down.

I think it's a safe bet.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/10/29/avpgalaxy-exclusive-guy-pearce-returns-alien-covenant/

Astronoë

Astronoë

The throne appears to have a red dot/sun similar to what this guy has (some Hindu fundamentalist)

(gaudy monstrosity)

The Alien Predator

Quote from: juxtapose on Dec 28, 2016, 07:17:26 AM
I doubt your typical christian is gonna embrace the idea of engineers and neither your typical atheist.

Most atheists go by evidence. So if there was evidence that the Engineers created humanity, then atheists would very easily accept the fact that we were created by the Engineers.

That's the thing with atheism, if there was 100% evidence of God, then they'd believe he exists. So why wouldn't they accept Engineers?

Now obviously if some random guy on the streets started claiming we were made by Engineers and doesn't present the evidence for it, then it'd no different from some preacher preaching in public about God from their point of view.

As you saw in Prometheus, Holloway didn't have any problems about us being Engineer creations and even told Shaw she can now drop her faith because there's 100% proof that we're their creations but then she begins asking "who created them?"

I am astonished Holloway didn't throw it at her and say "and who created God?", I would've loved to hear what she would've said.

Prometheops

The throne appears to be a ?modified Carlo Bugatti art nouveau chair:

http://content.ngv.vic.gov.au/col-images/api/EPUB000236/1280

Not sure if there is some meaning or is simply an aesthetic choice

Astronoë

No secret escapes this forum, we are now Masters of chairs!  ;D

Prometheops

Quote from: Astronoë on Dec 28, 2016, 08:28:59 PM
No secret escapes this forum, we are now Masters of chairs!  ;D

;D

Darth Vile

Quote from: Astronoë on Dec 28, 2016, 10:29:16 AM
Quote from: newagescamartist on Dec 27, 2016, 02:11:02 AM
Quote from: Astronoë on Dec 27, 2016, 12:58:43 AM
Oh wow comparing rogue one to a new trilogy is all kinds of fail. Rogue one is attached to the old trilogy that's why it fits in.

Force awakens is supposed to be  new trilogy but shamessly attaches itself to old trilogy, screwing over fans that expected something new.

Rogue One is the best SW movie since Empire strikes back, no goddamn cute muppet teddy-bears defeating the Empire or Jar jar or Mary sue Rey.
I can't take you seriously when u compare Rogue One (have u even seen it?) to Force Awakens...

That you have so much un-called faith for Ridley after Prometheus is ridiculous...skepticism is legitimate.

Yes, I have seen Rogue One. I didn't care for it. And it is comparable to The Force Awakens in the context we're referring to. Not only is it the second film from Disney, it's littered with references to the original trilogy. References that serve no other purpose other than to wink at the audience. Both films from Disney do this, but Rogue One goes far and beyond what is necessary. Hey, if you liked it, great, but don't act like the two films have nothing in common. And yes, I'm giving Scott the benefit of the doubt because he directed the original film in this saga, and he just directed Prometheus, which is at least the third best film in the saga ( in my opinion ). I can't take anyone seriously when they start comparing Scott's work to that of the brothers Strause. That's nonsense. People can hate on Prometheus all they want, but at least it wasn't the same recycled trash we've been getting from the Alien series ( and AVP ) for over a decade. If anyone actually believes that Covenant is going to be on the same level of film making as AVP:R, I just don't know what to tell them.

References to the old trilogy? Are you kidding me? It is PART OF the old trilogy, it's the SAME time-line, the ending leads DIRECTLY into the first scene of A New Hope! You would have known this if you had watched the movie, which obviously you haven't. Your answer is exactly the kind of stuff I would expect from someone who has yet to see movie n guessing wildly "well, it looks old n stuff, it takes from old movies just like force awakens..BOOO!!"
Go watch the movie before you come on here n comment on it. Embarrassing really...

I would have had more faith for Ridley if he hadn't involved his name with Bladerunner 2...looks like his principles went out the window as he got older n wanted to relive glory from younger days...(yes, I know he doesn't direct it, but still, he should have kept far away)
as for the trailer, reaction says it very good here..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8uPMWSJgP4
In terms of that blogger... she can't even get through a sentence without saying "like". Why on Earth does she think anyone, but semi literates, would be interested in her inane comments?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Astronoë on Dec 28, 2016, 06:35:25 PM

David is the one sitting in the chair, Weyland is the standing figure in the suit.

Ingwar

Quote from: SM on Dec 28, 2016, 01:11:31 AM
Of course she was Christian.  How is that in question?

The idea that a scientist can't also be a believer is incredibly narrow minded.

Agree. Scientist can be (have right to be) a theist but then ... it's incredibly narrow minded approach.

SM

QuoteDepends on the level of belief, and whether your belief takes over and overshadows rational thinking, like joining a massive expedition to "find our makers" based on paintings(!) because she merely "chose to believe".

Comedy gold right there. That's some prime religious fanatic behaviour, hence my comment that Shaw is a religious and naive wacko.

She's actively trying to find proof of a creator of humanity that could well challenge, if not prove her religious beliefs wrong - yet apparently she's a religious fanatic...

The claws at which some will clutch to attack Shaws religion are sometimes quite baffling.

Ingwar

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Dec 28, 2016, 07:12:41 PM
That's the thing with atheism, if there was 100% evidence of God, then they'd believe he exists. So why wouldn't they accept Engineers?

If you have a proof you don't have to believe anymore. You just accept the fact. Belief is not important if you got evidence.

newagescamartist

Quote from: Astronoë on Dec 28, 2016, 10:29:16 AM

References to the old trilogy? Are you kidding me? It is PART OF the old trilogy, it's the SAME time-line, the ending leads DIRECTLY into the first scene of A New Hope! You would have known this if you had watched the movie, which obviously you haven't. Your answer is exactly the kind of stuff I would expect from someone who has yet to see movie n guessing wildly "well, it looks old n stuff, it takes from old movies just like force awakens..BOOO!!"
Go watch the movie before you come on here n comment on it. Embarrassing really...

For the last time, I saw the movie. You think I'm not smart enough to know it leads directly into A New Hope? Derp. That's what the whole movie was about. It still had needless reference to the original trilogy. No matter how much you try to spin it, Rogue One is not a part of the original trilogy. It's certainly related, but it's separate at the same time. And yes, a lot of the references were just fan service nostalgia. For instance:
Spoiler
Showing us Ponda Baba and the other outlaw minutes before the death star is used.
[close]
That reference served no other purpose other than to wink at the audience. Quite frankly, I'm starting to wonder if you even saw the film yourself.

SM

SM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed