Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,682 times)

SM

SM

Neither here nor there, but if I were to guess I'd go with Catholic.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 28, 2016, 01:15:47 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 28, 2016, 01:11:31 AM
Of course she was Christian.

Which denomination?  :P

That's not really stated, which denomination.  But she was definitely Christian.  She believed in Jesus.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 28, 2016, 01:22:27 AM
Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 28, 2016, 01:15:47 AM
Quote from: SM on Dec 28, 2016, 01:11:31 AM
Of course she was Christian.

Which denomination?  :P

That's not really stated, which denomination.  But she was definitely Christian.  She believed in Jesus.

So do Catholics.

newagescamartist

It's heavily implied she's a Christian. It's about as subtle as a brick to the face.

Scorpio

Maybe some New Age Christianity, though, as I'm pretty sure that the bible teaches that God created man.

newagescamartist

Quote from: Scorpio on Dec 28, 2016, 02:03:00 AM
Maybe some New Age Christianity, though, as I'm pretty sure that the bible teaches that God created man.

Prometheus actually leaves that open to interpretation because the engineers are human. Or at least that's what I was led to understand as far as them talking about how the dna was a perfect match.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: newagescamartist on Dec 28, 2016, 03:06:33 AM

Prometheus actually leaves that open to interpretation because the engineers are human. Or at least that's what I was led to understand as far as them talking about how the dna was a perfect match.

I can't recall the exact scene, but was it a perfect match? Or 90 something percent? Because from what I remember, they seemed to be comparing the DNA samples and when they matched them, they were very similar but with very small differences.

Regardless, the Engineers are definitely very closely related to us no doubt.

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

THEY want us to come and find THEM .

we call them engineer"S"

now I could be wrong but I'm fairly confident that Christians believe in "1" creator ..........

SM

It says 'DNA Match'.

Since they're obviously not God as she would believe it , Shaw asks the obvious 'Who created them?'

Religion and science aren't mutually exclusive.  The Catholic Church supports theistic evolution.

The Alien Predator

Thanks for clearing it up, SM. Do you think the Engineers are 100% related to us? As in, closer than Neanderthals and other species from our genus?

SM

Hard to tell.  It simply says "Match" which is probably 99.9 something to account for things like skin colour and height (and possibly accelerant corruption).  Perhaps.  I don't know that much about genetics.

The Alien Predator

I agree, it's most likely 99,9% as they appear more similar to us than Chimps and Neanderthals do. But some of their differences may separate them from us like their odd eyes and as you said, any accelerant corruptions.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 27, 2016, 08:21:41 PM
Quote from: EuanDewar on Dec 26, 2016, 04:19:54 PM
Christmas time, aye, but not literally Christmas day.

Prometheus was set on Christmas. There's a deleted scene of Janek putting up a Christmas tree and talking about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zAnNsIXFds

Quote from: Keith on Dec 26, 2016, 06:15:25 PM
It looks like an Alien reboot, with Prometheus and Aliens mixed in.

Not sure I'd go that far. It's going to follow some of the same conventions but it seems more like it's a retry of Prometheus to me. Just hope it's not too much of an overcompensation.

"overcompensation" is exactly the way it feels for me. Early days though..

Remember Holloway says to Shaw that she can take off her cross now and she asks why and he says that there ois nothing special about creation as the engineers  created us and she asks who created them.

She is Christian.

SM

Indeed.

rabidranger

The vibe I got from Prometheus is the Engineers might have had a hand in the creation of man but weren't necessarily the "higher power."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed