Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,555 times)

Ingwar

It looks like Covenant is more a prequel to Alien than sequel to Prometheus. Besides we have to wait to see 2 trailer + viral stuff.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: EuanDewar on Dec 26, 2016, 04:19:54 PM
Christmas time, aye, but not literally Christmas day.

Prometheus was set on Christmas. There's a deleted scene of Janek putting up a Christmas tree and talking about it.

Quote from: Keith on Dec 26, 2016, 06:15:25 PM
It looks like an Alien reboot, with Prometheus and Aliens mixed in.

Not sure I'd go that far. It's going to follow some of the same conventions but it seems more like it's a retry of Prometheus to me. Just hope it's not too much of an overcompensation.

DorkiDori

one thing i REALLY like about the trailer is that it shys away from revealing any of the actual "details" that were all craving... rather the questions we want answered from Prometheus! the trailer just really showed the obvious: Neomorph back bursting, spore based accelerant, the crash landed ship from Prometheus, the facehugger and, last but not least, the proto-xeno.

We still get to wait for all the juicy details like... what happened to Shaw? what happened during the trip to "Paradise"? how did David get his head back on? answers to what exactly is going on in Davids lab (leaked photos)? what the 2nd Neomorph (or 3rd or 4th) will look like? How did David go about creating the Neomoprhs? how different the proto-Xenos will look (super long hand digits in trailer)? what the hell happened to all of the Engineers on the planet (again, leaked photos)? etc etc etc

Im still convined that the trailer is really only events that unfold during the first 45 minutes of the film (something tells me total run time is AT LEAST 2 hours and 15 minutes to 2 hours and 45 minutes if were lucky)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 27, 2016, 08:21:41 PMPrometheus was set on Christmas. There's a deleted scene of Janek putting up a Christmas tree and talking about it.

The scene with him and the tree is in the theatrical cut, it's just a lot shorter.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: a bit twitchy on Dec 27, 2016, 12:49:47 AM
Danny McBride looks like he's acting his ass off in this. Great acting in each of his scenes. Impressive.

I think McBride's bits were some of the greatest. It looks like he's putting his all into this. Really digging it.

DorkiDori

Best line in the whole movie... "Havent had the breakfast yet" lol ;)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 27, 2016, 03:58:10 AM
'Stanley' is a Neomorph hand.

Lol. I'd forgot about Stanley.  :laugh:

Quote from: juxtapose on Dec 27, 2016, 10:15:45 AM
i am just really concerned that this negative vibe on forums hurts the movie at the B.O and we don't get to see more of the franchise after covenant. .the trailer in my opinion is excellent. .apart from spoiling a few death scenes. .i am a big fan both Prometheus and Alien and i am super hyped. . I am hoping that this negativity on the net does not hurt the franchise. . Hopefully the casual fan will still be eager to go watch the movie. .

We're small fry, I wouldn't worry about that. The masses seemed to like Prometheus despite a lot of complaining that goes on at various fan outlets.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 27, 2016, 08:00:38 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 27, 2016, 07:54:32 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 25, 2016, 10:53:34 PM
Actually Fox green lighting a shit script by Shane Salerno is what got us AvPR.

I'm still hoping to see that Afghanistan script he did. If he ever finished it, that is. I can't really remember?

I think that was a treatment, but don't quote me on that. I know there wasn't a full script for it because the idea got rejected by the big boys because they wanted to do something much "safer".

Thanks. Couldn't really remember the whole story. I'd be interested in seeing the treatment. And Whedeon's non-Ripley Alien 4 treatment. Hope they show up some day.

echobbase79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 27, 2016, 08:33:57 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 27, 2016, 03:58:10 AM
'Stanley' is a Neomorph hand.

Lol. I'd forgot about Stanley.  :laugh:

Quote from: juxtapose on Dec 27, 2016, 10:15:45 AM
i am just really concerned that this negative vibe on forums hurts the movie at the B.O and we don't get to see more of the franchise after covenant. .the trailer in my opinion is excellent. .apart from spoiling a few death scenes. .i am a big fan both Prometheus and Alien and i am super hyped. . I am hoping that this negativity on the net does not hurt the franchise. . Hopefully the casual fan will still be eager to go watch the movie. .

We're small fry, I wouldn't worry about that. The masses seemed to like Prometheus despite a lot of complaining that goes on at various fan outlets.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 27, 2016, 08:00:38 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 27, 2016, 07:54:32 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 25, 2016, 10:53:34 PM
Actually Fox green lighting a shit script by Shane Salerno is what got us AvPR.

I'm still hoping to see that Afghanistan script he did. If he ever finished it, that is. I can't really remember?

I think that was a treatment, but don't quote me on that. I know there wasn't a full script for it because the idea got rejected by the big boys because they wanted to do something much "safer".

Thanks. Couldn't really remember the whole story. I'd be interested in seeing the treatment. And Whedeon's non-Ripley Alien 4 treatment. Hope they show up some day.

Actually I think the treatment was loosely based around Peter Brigg's version of his Aliens vs Predator screenplay, but only modernized. This is from an old interview when the first AvP was released.

MR: DISGUSTING: So now, obviously, (your AVP draft) will never happen?

PETER BRIGGS: Strangely enough, I was told recently by an exec that Fox might still be interested in doing it, with a bit of reworking. I don't know about that. I think its thunder's been totally blown. Now, I'd sooner write a standalone "Alien" or "Predator" movie, personally. In fact, in '99 -- I think - I went into Joel Silver's and pitched a "Predator" movie set in the 18th Century, but both franchises were in a state of panic-stricken flux then, so....

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

I actually don't remember anyone stating that Shaw was a Christian ,??

I also don't think it's safe to assume that just because Shaw wears her father's cross and believes in God that she is a Christian

in fact ..... everything she says and does in prometheus suggest that she actually has a different set of beliefs ........... stating that she chooses her own beliefs alone suggests that her faith lies elsewhere........

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: prometheusfire08 on Dec 27, 2016, 08:57:35 PM
I actually don't remember anyone stating that Shaw was a Christian ,??

She wears a Christian cross necklace. She simply cannot be Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist and so on. It's logical. She's a Christian.

prometheusfire08

prometheusfire08

she wears that cross because it's her father's .............. NOTHING to do with her faith .

if she was a Christian she wouldn't be researching and proving facts that completely destroy her belief system .

also..... just a little FYI
' coughs '

a cross with a circle above it ( also the same as holloways tattoo ) is coptic and actually comes from Egypt ....

it means life .......... it's also got nothing to do with Christianity

Murph Morph

Shaw was a completely naive religious wacko

Scorpio

Quote from: Murph Morph on Dec 28, 2016, 12:45:55 AM
Shaw was a completely naive religious wacko

What were her beliefs, exactly?  She believed we were created by aliens but a higher force 'created them'?..  Yet she wasn't a Christian.

SM

SM

Of course she was Christian.  How is that in question?

The idea that a scientist can't also be a believer is incredibly narrow minded. 

Scorpio

Quote from: SM on Dec 28, 2016, 01:11:31 AM
Of course she was Christian.

Which denomination?  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed