Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,104 times)

Darth Vile

Quote from: juxtapose on Dec 27, 2016, 10:15:45 AM
i am just really concerned that this negative vibe on forums hurts the movie at the B.O and we don't get to see more of the franchise after covenant. .the trailer in my opinion is excellent. .apart from spoiling a few death scenes. .i am a big fan both Prometheus and Alien and i am super hyped. . I am hoping that this negativity on the net does not hurt the franchise. . Hopefully the casual fan will still be eager to go watch the movie. .
If Alien Covenant is a good/well made film, audiences will watch it regardless of any on-line opinions. No worries there. If it's a turkey, then it's a turkey... but that will be as a result of the film rather than fan reaction to a trailer...

PRJ_since1990

Hey folks. Finally got around to watching this and I recorded my first viewing of it! Take a look! I also give a brief opinion afterwards. Check it out and let me know what you all think!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWA-oR4IjBo&feature=youtu.be

Ingwar

Quote from: newagescamartist on Dec 27, 2016, 02:11:02 AM
If anyone actually believes that Covenant is going to be on the same level of film making as AVP:R, I just don't know what to tell them.

I know what to tell them ... but I'll keep it for myself ;)

szkoki

szkoki

just to show what a joke this trailer is this scene comes in my mind :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-q-AWD_8AY&feature=youtu.be&t=50

also applies to Prometheus :D

im waiting to see the "ill be back" line in this movie :D

vortep

Is there a download link for the trailer in 1080p?

lv_226

Quote from: Predatorium on Dec 27, 2016, 09:43:29 AM
Elisabeth Shaw is quite a revolutionary character. She's a devoted Christian who believes in her God but unlike most others She doesn't confide herself in the belief that all answers are already written in a thousands of years old book but instead continues to search for the truth and is willing to use science to help her. I believe many Christians could learn a thing or two from her.
Great character, indeed. I would really love to see more of her in Covenant.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Guy Pukes Watching Alien: Covenant trailer.

Spoiler

echobbase79

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Dec 27, 2016, 09:07:44 AM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 27, 2016, 07:23:16 AM
Quote from: newagescamartist on Dec 27, 2016, 02:11:02 AM

. People can hate on Prometheus all they want, but at least it wasn't the same recycled trash we've been getting from the Alien series ( and AVP ) for over a decade.

Prom was pretty much a ripoff of AVP.
Lolwut

In some places of Prometheus it did seem like a ripoff. Mostly in the first act.

Alien Grand Master

Quote from: Predatorium on Dec 27, 2016, 09:43:29 AM
Elisabeth Shaw is quite a revolutionary character. She's a devoted Christian who believes in her God but unlike most others She doesn't confide herself in the belief that all answers are already written in a thousands of years old book but instead continues to search for the truth and is willing to use science to help her. I believe many Christians could learn a thing or two from her.

I actually hated the religious aspect of Shaw's character.  In the very beginning of Prometheus the only evidence she presents in the movie for their expedition is the star map, and that 'she believes'.  She also backs dumb statements later on without evidence, like 'they created us', 'its a weapons facility'.

The worst part about the movie is that it indulges her by being right.  Any self respecting scientist knows to withhold belief before compelling evidence can be presented.  I could go on all day about Prometheus's anti-science agenda but I won't since its not a Prometheus thread.

Ingwar

Quote from: Alien Grand Master on Dec 27, 2016, 04:04:18 PM
I actually hated the religious aspect of Shaw's character.

Same here. It was very childish. Main character who is scientist and devoted Christian in Alien movie? I don't buy it.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

actually, i was kind of hoping the teaser trailer wouldve been cut using the Prometheus/Alien music and paced like the one above. Im happy either way, though i prefer the Prometheus cut shown above just for nostalgic reasons (and audio creation reasons too heheheh, i LOVE the sounds used in the Prometheus teaser)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 25, 2016, 10:53:34 PM
Actually Fox green lighting a shit script by Shane Salerno is what got us AvPR.

I'm still hoping to see that Afghanistan script he did. If he ever finished it, that is. I can't really remember?

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 11:10:25 PM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 25, 2016, 11:02:36 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 10:58:49 PM
If this is cheap then I'm Papa Emeritus ;)

You're doing a fantastically good job of missing the point.

You're doing a fantastically good job of grumbling. Don't stop please. The funniest thing is that you are gonna pay a ticket to see this "cheap" film in cinema.

I thought I'd already commented on this and I've not read ahead in the thread yet so apologies if another mod has already chipped in but let's chill out please. It's quite clear this trailer has been quite divisive. Let's not take to insulting those who don't have an opinion you agree with. You discuss it maturely. I wont have immature bickering here.

echobbase79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 27, 2016, 07:54:32 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 25, 2016, 10:53:34 PM
Actually Fox green lighting a shit script by Shane Salerno is what got us AvPR.

I'm still hoping to see that Afghanistan script he did. If he ever finished it, that is. I can't really remember?

I think that was a treatment, but don't quote me on that. I know there wasn't a full script for it because the idea got rejected by the big boys because they wanted to do something much "safer".

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 27, 2016, 07:54:32 PM
Let's not take to insulting those who don't have an opinion you agree with. You discuss it maturely. I wont have immature bickering here.

Sorry guys! Won't happen again.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 26, 2016, 12:13:48 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 25, 2016, 11:47:53 PM

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 25, 2016, 11:38:11 PM
There's actually no evidence, even in the leaks, that
Spoiler
David in any way creates the xenomorphs, much less that the Derelict from the original film will wind up being he and Shaw.
[close]

Spoiler
Have you seen all 4chan leaks? One said the classic alien is biomechanical because David mixed his android dna or whatever I have no idea what it meant with the neomorphs that are "flesh" aliens, thus making the classic alien.
Ridley said the Prometheus sequels would lead to Alien and explain the origins of the aliens. How else could those movies lead to Alien? I think he meants he wants to explain how the ship from LV-426 crashed and how the aliens there were created.
I dont believe 100% in that, there are a lots of trolls in 4chan and they might change things until the final release.[a/spoiler]
[close]
The 4chan leaks that Hicks have basically vouched for don't say that.
Spoiler
They mention a "protomorph" but we just think that's the writer being a bit confused because the xeno in this movie acts more like an animal than the one in the first film, There's a different 4chan post about David mixing his mechanics with a pro-xenomorph, but that has been debunked.

Scott has said that he wants to eventually get around to showing how the Derelict wound up on LV-426, but that quote is a few years old at this point, and even if that's still his intention, it's highly unlikely he would do something so likely to upset fans as have it turn out to be Shaw.
[close]

There was another 4chan guy claiming that there was like a Waltermorph or some crap that Scified ran. That guy was definitely a load of crap.

Quote from: MajorB on Dec 26, 2016, 10:05:16 AM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Dec 26, 2016, 09:49:32 AM
I actually really like the track.
I feel like it would have worked better for a trailer that emphasized David and the more Prometheus elements of the story. When you're using a song that is pointedly referencing David in an ad that's all about the aliens, it creates a weird disconnect where the music choice is both on the nose and totally inappropriate. It doesn't help that the timing was unlucky in that people are finally sick of the sad husky-voiced lady doing a song cover trend in trailers and are taking out their frustration on this one.

And yeah, it does spoil a bit too much. I personally don't mind because the I spoiled the whole movie for myself already, but it reeks of overcompensating due to people's confusion with the tone and plot of Prometheus. This one is SCARY and it has XENOMORPHS and it plays out HOW YOU'D EXPECT.

We're on the same brain-wave there. I agree with pretty much everything you just said in that post.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed