Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 129,868 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Now we know what the hand sculpt belonged to!

a bit twitchy

a bit twitchy

Danny McBride looks like he's acting his ass off in this. Great acting in each of his scenes. Impressive.

Astronoë

Astronoë

Oh wow comparing rogue one to a new trilogy is all kinds of fail. Rogue one is attached to the old trilogy that's why it fits in.

Force awakens is supposed to be  new trilogy but shamessly attaches itself to old trilogy, screwing over fans that expected something new.

Rogue One is the best SW movie since Empire strikes back, no goddamn cute muppet teddy-bears defeating the Empire or Jar jar or Mary sue Rey.
I can't take you seriously when u compare Rogue One (have u even seen it?) to Force Awakens...

That you have so much un-called faith for Ridley after Prometheus is ridiculous...skepticism is legitimate.

Pvt. Himmel

Actually the world has seen it and its been getting great review!!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Himmelblau on Dec 27, 2016, 12:37:50 AM

Still can't completely tell. Is that five fingers or six and one isn't visible?

newagescamartist

Quote from: Astronoë on Dec 27, 2016, 12:58:43 AM
Oh wow comparing rogue one to a new trilogy is all kinds of fail. Rogue one is attached to the old trilogy that's why it fits in.

Force awakens is supposed to be  new trilogy but shamessly attaches itself to old trilogy, screwing over fans that expected something new.

Rogue One is the best SW movie since Empire strikes back, no goddamn cute muppet teddy-bears defeating the Empire or Jar jar or Mary sue Rey.
I can't take you seriously when u compare Rogue One (have u even seen it?) to Force Awakens...

That you have so much un-called faith for Ridley after Prometheus is ridiculous...skepticism is legitimate.

Yes, I have seen Rogue One. I didn't care for it. And it is comparable to The Force Awakens in the context we're referring to. Not only is it the second film from Disney, it's littered with references to the original trilogy. References that serve no other purpose other than to wink at the audience. Both films from Disney do this, but Rogue One goes far and beyond what is necessary. Hey, if you liked it, great, but don't act like the two films have nothing in common. And yes, I'm giving Scott the benefit of the doubt because he directed the original film in this saga, and he just directed Prometheus, which is at least the third best film in the saga ( in my opinion ). I can't take anyone seriously when they start comparing Scott's work to that of the brothers Strause. That's nonsense. People can hate on Prometheus all they want, but at least it wasn't the same recycled trash we've been getting from the Alien series ( and AVP ) for over a decade. If anyone actually believes that Covenant is going to be on the same level of film making as AVP:R, I just don't know what to tell them.

Alien³

Quote from: newagescamartist on Dec 27, 2016, 02:11:02 AM
yes, I'm giving Scott the benefit of the doubt because he directed the original film in this saga, and he just directed Prometheus, which is at least the third best film in the saga ( in my opinion ). I can't take anyone seriously when they start comparing Scott's work to that of the brothers Strause. That's nonsense. People can hate on Prometheus all they want, but at least it wasn't the same recycled trash we've been getting from the Alien series ( and AVP ) for over a decade. If anyone actually believes that Covenant is going to be on the same level of film making as AVP:R, I just don't know what to tell them.

I think its ridiculous how jaded the vocal collective reaction to this trailer has been.
Spoiler
including this one :-*
[close]
It's a sequel/prequel in an established franchise. If you seek different elements of story devices, either in writing or on set production etc we live in a universe where we have the luxury of thousands of other franchises which tell other stories. Go explore! Alien is what Alien is. Has been since '79.

BishopShouldGo

Lol Prometheus(my favorite entry) made it clear that Alien is not what Alien is, and that Alien can be a host of other things. It redefined an Alien-universe film. I'm excited for Covenant, but it does look like a straight thriller with the exploitative nature of AvP:R in some scenes.

Let people have their differing opinions.

MrSpaceJockey

I don't think these hands look the same.

DorkiDori

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 27, 2016, 02:37:58 AM

I don't think these hands look the same.

thats because theyre not the same hands...not even close

Ultramorph

'Stanley' is a Neomorph hand.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

The shower scene has the potential to be really nasty. I love the trailer more with each veiwing, i think its fantastic

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Dec 27, 2016, 05:43:32 AM
The shower scene has the potential to be really nasty. I love the trailer more with each veiwing, i think its fantastic
I'm glad to know that the movie is not going to shy away from being bloody and gory when it needs to be. Not saying that it should be filled with it to the gills, but the Alien universe ain't no PG-13 and I'm glad they didn't cut it down to size.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 26, 2016, 03:58:10 AM
The thing that completely mystifies me about this trailer is the release date.  Christmas Day.

Christmas Day?  Really..? 

How much more disconnected with everything that Christmas means to people can you get? 

Fox Marketing Exec #1:  "when should we release a major movie trailer featuring hideous monsters shredding up the crew of a space ship when people need it the least?"

Fox Marketing Exec #2:   "How about Christmas?"

Fox Marketing Exec #1:  "Excellent idea!  No one needs any more of that 'Joy to the World' and 'Goodwill to All' stuff on Christmas Day as much as they need a gory scary ALIEN trailer.  Let's do it!"

Seriously, though, why release an 'ALIEN' trailer of all things on Christmas Day?  I just don't get it...

-Windebieste.

I can't believe you're the only one who's voiced this so far.  I took the time to read this thread from the beginning.  Releasing this type of thing on Christmas Day to take advantage of a Christian holiday is an insult to Christianity.  It was very tasteless to release the trailer on Christmas.  As much as I think this is a marketing decision, I also get the sense that Scott has a bit of a disdain for Christianity.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 27, 2016, 02:32:13 AM
Lol Prometheus(my favorite entry) made it clear that Alien is not what Alien is, and that Alien can be a host of other things. It redefined an Alien-universe film. I'm excited for Covenant, but it does look like a straight thriller with the exploitative nature of AvP:R in some scenes.

Let people have their differing opinions.

No way. Even at his worst, Ser Ridley is leaps and bounds above the Brothers Strause.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed