Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,587 times)

BishopShouldGo

Doesn't mean we want to know how and when people get killed. Crudup is the THIRD billed cast member and we saw him get facehugged lol.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Big whoop 3 cast members killed out of what a cast of 19, you got to be joking!! Ugh!!

IAmNotASmartMan

IAmNotASmartMan

As i said earlier, I strongly believe that they chose to release the trailer on Christmas Day for a good reason. Prometheus had a lot of  religious symbolism.
After all, Alien: Covenant is a Prometheus sequel, isn't it?

Astronoë

Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 25, 2016, 02:42:14 PM
I'm SHOCKED at all the complaining I see on various boards. This was honestly better than I expected, the acting looks fantastic, the cinematography - about which people whine everywhere I look now  - honestly looks great to me - dark and gritty but also very beautiful (the shots of the environment of the planet) and that opening scene was tense as hell. Fantastic trailer!

Environment looks the same as previous movie even though it's a diffrent planet...some icelandic wasteland isn't my idea of a green paradise...and not even a Gigeresque landscape did we get...How anyone could be happy with the landscape we saw is baffling...

Keith

It looks like an Alien reboot, with Prometheus and Aliens mixed in.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Astronoë on Dec 26, 2016, 06:10:24 PM
Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 25, 2016, 02:42:14 PM
I'm SHOCKED at all the complaining I see on various boards. This was honestly better than I expected, the acting looks fantastic, the cinematography - about which people whine everywhere I look now  - honestly looks great to me - dark and gritty but also very beautiful (the shots of the environment of the planet) and that opening scene was tense as hell. Fantastic trailer!

Environment looks the same as previous movie even though it's a diffrent planet...some icelandic wasteland isn't my idea of a green paradise...and not even a Gigeresque landscape did we get...How anyone could be happy with the landscape we saw is baffling...

And you're judging this from what a 2 minute trailer?? Which you think showed the entire landscape/ structures for the film??

Infected

Quote from: Keith on Dec 26, 2016, 06:15:25 PM
what a stupid comment, it looks like an Alien reboot with Prometheus and Aliens mixed in....
If that is mixed in then its impossible that it looks like an Alien reboot.

EuanDewar

Quote from: Infected on Dec 26, 2016, 06:20:03 PM
what a stupid comment, it looks like an Alien reboot with Prometheus and Aliens mixed in....
Bit of an unnecessary response there.

x-M-x

Trailer Music

Looking forward to the official OST!

Pvt. Himmel

Keith

Quote from: EuanDewar on Dec 26, 2016, 06:26:09 PM

I guess I made him triggered  :laugh:

Infected

Quote from: EuanDewar on Dec 26, 2016, 06:26:09 PM
I know, thats why i had to comment on him.

Ultramorph

I got one of those VR headsets that you put your phone in for Christmas, and tried watching the trailer with it. Knocked me sick!  :laugh:

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 26, 2016, 06:40:21 PM
I got one of those VR headsets that you put your phone in for Christmas, and tried watching the trailer with it. Knocked me sick!  :laugh:

8)

s7habo

In contrast to the many here, I think trailer is well made.

On first part we are witnessing the horror scenes that are typical part of all Alien movies. And because we already know (and accordingly expect) that, there is no need to mask it in some kind of suspense attempt to make events in the movie more exciting. This is only a frame for more important, second part of trailer - introduction of  David/Walter through the song "Nature Boy", which metaphorically describes him with peaceful, melancholic tone as "...a very strange enchanted boy..." who is "...wandered very far... a little shy and sad of eye...but very wise...". As contrast to that song, we are visually introduced to whole bunch of horrifying events, what suggests us that he is somehow connected to all that savagery at "the end of his journey".

So with that combination of cold melancholic chant as "introduction" of David and horror visuals, trailer shifts nicely the tension of the movie from typical horror elements of Alien to sinister but perhaps consequently logical reasoning of one "very strange enchanted" character who seems to have his own agenda despite terrifying consequences this agenda might have.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed