Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,622 times)

Murph Morph

King ghedoora oh ok but it still doesn't make sense that nobody takes action against Vickers afterwards, it's like nobody cared. I saw this film twice btw but it's been a while.
You seem like Prometheus maybe you can explain the following things;
- Why did Fifield and Milburn get lost despite them being in possession of advanced mapping technology?
- Why couldn't Vickers and Shaw run sideways to avoid the rolling juggernaut?
- How is it possible that Shaw- not only could stand up- but even run around and jump after having her abdominal muscles completely sliced apart?
- Why did Fifield and Milburn freak out when seeing an old corpse but then try to cuddle with an aggressive hissing snake?
- Why did Janek and his co-pilots so quickly decide to crash into the juggernaut without even caring?
- How did Shaw manage to fly the juggernaut?
- Why did she choose to cooperate with David after what he did and how he behaved towards her when she was pregnant?
- Why did Janek open the hangar bay door when something clearly deformed was waiting outside as pictured on the screens?
- How could Holloway possibly be disappointed after the discoveries they made on LV-223?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: Samhain13 on Dec 25, 2016, 11:47:53 PM

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 25, 2016, 11:38:11 PM
There's actually no evidence, even in the leaks, that
Spoiler
David in any way creates the xenomorphs, much less that the Derelict from the original film will wind up being he and Shaw.
[close]

Spoiler
Have you seen all 4chan leaks? One said the classic alien is biomechanical because David mixed his android dna or whatever I have no idea what it meant with the neomorphs that are "flesh" aliens, thus making the classic alien.
Ridley said the Prometheus sequels would lead to Alien and explain the origins of the aliens. How else could those movies lead to Alien? I think he meants he wants to explain how the ship from LV-426 crashed and how the aliens there were created.
I dont believe 100% in that, there are a lots of trolls in 4chan and they might change things until the final release.[a/spoiler]
[close]
The 4chan leaks that Hicks have basically vouched for don't say that.
Spoiler
They mention a "protomorph" but we just think that's the writer being a bit confused because the xeno in this movie acts more like an animal than the one in the first film, There's a different 4chan post about David mixing his mechanics with a pro-xenomorph, but that has been debunked.

Scott has said that he wants to eventually get around to showing how the Derelict wound up on LV-426, but that quote is a few years old at this point, and even if that's still his intention, it's highly unlikely he would do something so likely to upset fans as have it turn out to be Shaw.
[close]

SiL

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 11:10:25 PM
You're doing a fantastically good job of grumbling. Don't stop please. The funniest thing is that you are gonna pay a ticket to see this "cheap" film in cinema.
Why are you so offended by my comment, exactly? You like the look it, sweet. You do you. Personally, I think this is a really poorly made trailer. I honestly think this will be one of the few times where a movie is better than the trailer. Why are you so upset by this?

ep40

Maybe instead of directly showing how the Derelict crashed etc... they want to show us new events which will metaphorically mirror what happened to Space Jockey thousands years ago?

Infected

Quote from: Murph Morph on Dec 25, 2016, 11:56:21 PM
King ghedoora oh ok but it still doesn't make sense that nobody takes action against Vickers afterwards, it's like nobody cared. I saw this film twice btw but it's been a while.
- Why did Fifield and Milburn get lost despite them being in possession of advanced mapping technology?
- How is it possible that Shaw- not only could stand up- but even run around and jump after having her abdominal muscles completely sliced apart?
- Why did Fifield and Milburn freak out when seeing an old corpse but then try to cuddle with an aggressive hissing snake?
- Why did Janek and his co-pilots so quickly decide to crash into the juggernaut without even caring?
- Why did she choose to cooperate with David after what he did and how he behaved towards her when she was pregnant?
- Why did Janek open the hangar bay door when something clearly deformed was waiting outside as pictured on the screens?
- How could Holloway possibly be disappointed after the discoveries they made on LV-223?
How could she know that the engineer vessel had stuff onboard that could pose a threat to Earth? it wasnt very clear if the ampules where on board or in the engineer temple.
Why was Janek so sure that the Prometheus ship could withstand such a devilsh storm on a first encounter on an alien planet?
Why did everybody go to bed and nobody kept in touch with two crew members who where camping in an alien temple with dead giant alien engineers.

Murph Morph

@Infected yeah I forgot those hahaha!  ;D

BishopShouldGo

It's weird. The trailer somehow feels epic and cheap. It feels like something Ridley wonder produce, not direct. Feels like his son's movie Morgan.

fiveways

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 10:49:02 PM
Quote from: fiveways on Dec 25, 2016, 10:42:07 PM
Unrelated; I tried to watch the trailer again.  I hate the song so much I shut it off.  Hopefully next trailer will have score element, because I cannot stand that piece of music.

It's just a song. Very good one by the way. You don't like it? Fine. Turn the music off.

Yeah, I disagree.  It's garbage to me.  Lousy voice, insipid and boring arrangement.  It's just awful.  It's everything I hate about music in a single go.  It's boring while pretending to be creative and cutting edge.  It's crap people in university used to listen to and think they were edgy.  Completely uninteresting.

Rankles75

I still don't see any reason why Shaw would have reattached David's head...

fiveways

Quote from: Rankles75 on Dec 26, 2016, 01:00:12 AM
I still don't see any reason why Shaw would have reattached David's head...

that is the movie i want to see, the movie that convinces Shaw that reattaching David's head is a good idea...

proto leech

proto leech

Quoteit still doesn't make sense that nobody takes action against Vickers afterwards, it's like nobody cared. I saw this film twice btw but it's been a while.

because its a company-run mission on a company-run ship and its obvious that in space the rules of earth have little meaning. Weyland showed he could order the company mercs to kill effortlessly if he wished and everyone knew holloway was infected its not like it was unprovoked murder.

QuoteYou seem like Prometheus maybe you can explain the following things

i found it underwhelming but still a fine movie. it has plenty of plot holes to pick apart but allot of the "complaints" are just people parroting stuff they heard that could be easily understood if they paid attention to the movie.

QuoteWhy did Fifield and Milburn get lost despite them being in possession of advanced mapping technology?

this is one legit grievance. though what is equally annoying is a quick line a dialogue stating that the storm outside was f**king with the mapping could have been an easy solution to this.

QuoteWhy couldn't Vickers and Shaw run sideways to avoid the rolling juggernaut?

they did both move to the left at one point and the juggernaut follows their path. they are also both extremely distraught and were running on instinct.

QuoteHow is it possible that Shaw- not only could stand up- but even run around and jump after having her abdominal muscles completely sliced apart?

humans have survived and moved around with worse injuries, that and space future drugs kept her functioning. and even then she is visibly in pain pretty much for the rest of the movie, its not like she was acting totally fine afterword. if this is something that is so unbelievable to you you must not like many sci-fi or action movies.

QuoteWhy did Fifield and Milburn freak out when seeing an old corpse but then try to cuddle with an aggressive hissing snake?

only milburn wanted anything to do with it, not fifield. and this is another legit complaint though it could have been more accepted if milburn was smoking some of fifield's weed. i can accept goofy biologist gets high and thinks he's an alien snake charmer.

QuoteWhy did Janek and his co-pilots so quickly decide to crash into the juggernaut without even caring?
im pretty sure they did care about their lives, they just know from what they've seen on the planet that if that ship was going to earth everything would die and they thought their lives were a small price to pay to protect earth. again watching the movie should have answered this one for you.

QuoteHow did Shaw manage to fly the juggernaut?
with help from david, he even said so. he'd been learning engineer tech through the whole movie, again you really need to rewatch before asking this stuff.

QuoteWhy did she choose to cooperate with David after what he did and how he behaved towards her when she was pregnant?
as opposed to what? starving or asphyxiating on a planet with nothing but a the deacon for company?

QuoteWhy did Janek open the hangar bay door when something clearly deformed was waiting outside as pictured on the screens?

he didn't open the door the guy in the garage was the one who did it.

QuoteHow could Holloway possibly be disappointed after the discoveries they made on LV-223?

he wanted answers and all he found were corpses. he wanted live aliens. its not hard to see why he was disappointed though he does come off as spoiled.

BishopShouldGo

Is it me or is the alien in the shower scene really far away?...why lol. It looks small or far away. And CGI.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 26, 2016, 01:31:58 AM
Is it me or is the alien in the shower scene really far away?...why lol. It looks small or far away. And CGI.

I've seen people say this on the board all day, how the hell can you guys tell? It's so dark that the only clear glimpse of an Alien I got was the Facehugger, which looked fine.

I could only just make out the Alien hand on the shower screen and it looks creepy, long fingers scare the crap out of me.

Virgil

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 26, 2016, 01:31:58 AM

I don't know if you'll get the reference, but...

Your comment instantly reminded me of a Father Ted episode, haha.

As for the trailer, it's passable. It's obvious that Fox's initial marketing strategy is to explicitly spell out what this film is going to deliver after Prometheus' pretty confusing campaign. Facehugger? Check. Alien? Check. Blood? Double check. I'm hoping they'll reign things in considerably after this teaser and deliver a little more on tone and atmosphere. I really think they need to give a little more of an insight into the premise too. A lot of people on many comment boards seem to think this is a reboot, or at the very least completely ignoring Prometheus.

MajorB

MajorB

Quote from: Murph Morph on Dec 25, 2016, 11:56:21 PM

The map is on the ship. They rely on Janek for directions, and he was busy helping the people actually doing their job. When the storm hit it was too late for them to leave anyway.

Shaw rolls sideways and still almost dies. Vickers is a stubborn bitch who never changes course in the entire movie, it was a fitting death for her. Also, I highly doubt most people would be thinking logically in a situation like that.

Yeah, that was BS. Future Space painkiller and healing tech?

Fifield has spent the whole movie trying to ingratiate himself to Millburn. When the dude is stoned and scared out of his mind, Fifield sees a chance to use his biologist powers to impress his new friend.

Janek knew everything was going south and that they had stumbled upon something incredibly dangerous; he told Shaw as much. When he saw a giant alien ship filled with the horrible terror goo taking off, he did his duty to stop it.

David is pretty adept at handling Engineer tech.

She didn't have much of a choice.

I never really considered that.

He didn't want to make an amazing archaeological discovery. He wanted to talk to God.

After the response the trailer has received, I wish they just went and made a full-fledged Prometheus 2.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed