Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,439 times)

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 25, 2016, 10:22:33 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 10:09:02 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 25, 2016, 09:54:03 PM
Also, there isn't anything in this trailer that looks cheap.

I cannot believe that some people say it looks cheap.
People who claim it to be cheap likely are... well you know what I mean.

Quote from: Infected on Dec 25, 2016, 09:59:48 PM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 25, 2016, 09:54:03 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 25, 2016, 09:36:21 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 07:11:28 AM
Quote from: oduodu on Dec 25, 2016, 07:01:28 AM
Makes Prometheus completely redundant. If there is nothing revealed about the engineer culture. So what happened to Shaw......

Remember there's another 2 films after this.

Is there?  I mean do you have this confirmed?  I also recall this being stated by Ridley Scott a while back, but I couldn't tell if that was just an off-the-cuff remark or not.  Lately, we've just been hearing that there will be 1 more, plus Neil Blomkamp's film.  Do you know this as a fact from a reliable source?
There's going to be 2 more, maybe a 3rd actually.... unless it bombs of course. NB's movie is unlikely to ever happen. I have no qualm proclaiming if it doesn't start production by 2018 it's absolutely dead. Disgustedly enough, NB's aliens is probably the back up plan.

Also, there isn't anything in this trailer that looks cheap. Prometheus might as well be the prologue with A:Covenant being the first act of a quintilogy or more precisely a trilogy with bookends. The rumored 4th film will probably tie straight into Prometheus.

Spoiler
If the alien came from a spore cocoon then that could mean they are a naturally evolving life form who was harvested as a weapon by the engineers. The planet could be paradise and the tree of knowledge may be quite literal, eat from the fruit and attain vast knowledge. The black goo seems capable of this feat. Of course the side effect is the alien.

However there are 2 neomorphs in the movie. The one in the lander and one outside, who then runs into the woods. Who knows when he comes back into the story. We all assume the black alien is the facehugger breed beast.

One thing I have to be honest about, that 4chan leaker must have been bs. Cause how the hell can David drop death and then not land the ship. I don't buy a last minute defense where they shot him down. The mofo crashed on purpose more than anything or at least in a fight with Shaw for the controls.
[close]
I think Ridley told Blomkamp to wait because Ridleys plans could contradict Blomkamps story or vision on the alien.

And the spores i think are simple wildlife flora that has come in contact with the black goo, our first xeno plant :D instead of impregnating other plants/spores with simple flower stuff it impregnates anything that can give birth.
I think it's safe to assume they would have contradicted each other but yea I can live with the wild life being affected by the goo. Hell maybe it is true that David dumps the goo onto the engineers and the world is still in a state of evolution. It would be less than 10 years since the bombing run.

However the thing that I love about it is that the alien in this movie is not only alien to us humans but very much alien to the alien itself. I want the alien to be almost divine but not literally. It's hard to explain without it sounding condescending. The earlier Prometheus concept art had a ceiling clinging alien that dropped into the mouth of an unsuspecting and unconscious person. That is what I wanted to see. The alien looks like us because it was born from us, however on an alien world it wouldn't be surprising if it was completely unrecognizable. The spore pod is a direct take off of that. I like stuff like that.
Remember that beginning on Alien ressurrection with the little xeno bug? i think you call it a ladybug in English.
imagine if the black goo also can infect small insects, what hell it could bring if you pour it out on a field on Earth.

Yes i always had that phantasy before Prometheus when the engineer was still the mysterious space jockey,
so undefined and strange, i thought we would see a whole world of weird things that contradicted our logic and world.
But now Giger is gone and Lindelof leprechaun had its way with Prometheus and Ridley close to becoming a fossil himself,
i doubt we will ever see something so weird again, unless you get a passionate geek director who willl know his way around that universe and stuff.
But maybe the goo David dropped wasnt goo but something that burned the engineers, i think if it was the goo then the engineers should have become even more dangerous to David because of changing into a Fifield thing,
so why would the engineers die from the goo, can too much goo kill you? sounds like a good song for an engineer: too much goo can kill you.
I hope to see something undefined again in the alien universe, like the monolith in space stuff and the space jockey,
shit that is so out of place that its mesmerizing.

harlequinade

Quote from: Murph Morph on Dec 25, 2016, 10:51:19 PM
Harequinade regarding the sex scene, you mean just like Janek decided to have sex with Vickers after she torched one of the crewmembers in Prometheus? Or Shaw who decided to have sex with Holloway right after she was humiliated and started to cry?
That is the definition of odd, but then again that whole film sucked.

I don't see why they need to repeat the 'odd' scenes from Prometheus here. Hence me wondering when the scene takes place.

Ingwar

Quote from: SiL on Dec 25, 2016, 10:10:48 PM
Feels cheap. The opening of the trailer could belong to any number of low budget sci fi horrors.

If this is cheap then I'm Papa Emeritus ;)

BA79

There seems to be hope! This looks much better than Prometheus. The kind of Alien film we want may just be here. Will there be more answered questions, instead of just more questions...like with Prometheus? That would be great. But, if this just creates more questions about the Alien's origin, let us all hope it is just being held back for a full reveal and a huge "A-HA!" in the next film Ridley Scott has promised.

SiL

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 10:23:27 PM
It's Alien movie. What do you want?
Prometheus didn't feel cheap watching the trailer. Shit, AvP didn't.

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 10:58:49 PM

You're doing a fantastically good job of missing the point.

Ingwar

Quote from: SiL on Dec 25, 2016, 11:02:36 PM

You're doing a fantastically good job of grumbling. Don't stop please. The funniest thing is that you are gonna pay a ticket to see this "cheap" film in cinema.

flacerda

Hi, new guy here, big fan of Alien, big time lurker, but now that the new trailer popped I decided to "burst" into the community.

So I've seen the trailer numerous times already and have become quite fond of it, although I had a bittersweet taste in my mouth the first time I laid my eyes upon it this morning. That aside I think its a pretty damn fine trailer, and it did satisfy my hunger for footage and did hype me for the film.

I have read people ranting about a non existent slow-mo sequence in this trailer, you're all saying its slow-mo because the shot is focused on the floating and morphing spore heading into the guy's ear, when you can clearly notice the guy is smoking a cigarette and his motion seems as natural as it can be. So, I guess that's it for all the negativity regarding the "matrix-spore" spore shot.

I do like the shower scene a lot. The creeping shadow of the Alien slowly and silently moving behind the couple is stuff straight out of the '79 Alien film, not to mention the obvious tail between the legs shot. Design wise (Shower scene Alien) it does look very reminiscent of the Big Chap. The tail looks exactly the same, and although you can't quite make out the entire creature (I like that) I made this comparison with a still from the original Alien that shows some similarities with the lower jaw of the "New Chap". Check it out for yourselves bellow.

Infected

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 11:10:25 PM
Quote from: SiL on Dec 25, 2016, 11:02:36 PM

You're doing a fantastically good job of grumbling. Don't stop please. The funniest thing is that you are gonna pay a ticket to see this "cheap" film in cinema.
And the even more funny part is that you are here on a christmas eve grumbling about a movie that looks cheap and you do it,
on a paid internet connection, so whats the difference? blaming others for the same thing you do, only the others will have a fine night at the movie theater, and you? you will go to bed this night and still feeling hatefull and grumbling in your dreams.
And dont forget you pay for all this, all this is for you my son, you paid for this what you are seeing and doing, if i where you i would go somewhere where i would feel nice and have fun, shit i have to pay so it better feel good to me.
Or else whats it worth eh? ;)

THE CITY HUNTER

What did you guys think of the trailer I don't know there's something about it I don't like?

proto leech

Quote from: Murph Morph on Dec 25, 2016, 10:51:19 PM
you mean just like Janek decided to have sex with Vickers after she torched one of the crewmembers in Prometheus?

that happened the night BEFORE she torches holloway. did you even watch the movie?

QuoteOr Shaw who decided to have sex with Holloway right after she was humiliated and started to cry?

she wanted comfort from her partner after she felt very vulnerable about herself, that and the day she had was quite physically and emotionally stressful i'd think. he didn't humiliate her, he wasn't even speaking of her she made the connection to herself and her insecurities and he immediately apologized.

Scorpio

This trailer doesn't look cheap to me, it looks like gritty European scifi.  I know some of you expect more Hollywood polish, but I'm really happy with this direction.  The best movies in the franchise are very low tech (Alien 3 is almost medieval). 

Ultramorph

There's actually no evidence, even in the leaks, that
Spoiler
David in any way creates the xenomorphs, much less that the Derelict from the original film will wind up being he and Shaw.
[close]

Xan21

Looks like nothing new... expected much more

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Dec 25, 2016, 10:10:48 PM
Feels cheap. The opening of the trailer could belong to any number of low budget sci fi horrors.

How come they didn't just throw 200 million dollars at you to make this thing?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 25, 2016, 11:43:44 PM
How come they didn't just throw 200 million dollars at you to make this thing?
Because it would be quite humiliating and unlikely for Fox to admit that alien fans could make a better alien prequel than Ridley Scoot.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Dec 25, 2016, 11:38:11 PM
There's actually no evidence, even in the leaks, that
Spoiler
David in any way creates the xenomorphs, much less that the Derelict from the original film will wind up being he and Shaw.
[close]

Spoiler
Have you seen all 4chan leaks? One said the classic alien is biomechanical because David mixed his android dna or whatever I have no idea what it meant with the neomorphs that are "flesh" aliens, thus making the classic alien.
Ridley said the Prometheus sequels would lead to Alien and explain the origins of the aliens. How else could those movies lead to Alien? I think he meants he wants to explain how the ship from LV-426 crashed and how the aliens there were created.
I dont believe 100% in that, there are a lots of trolls in 4chan and they might change things until the final release.[a/spoiler]
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed