Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,372 times)

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: D88M on Dec 25, 2016, 08:42:02 PM
so, teh Alien in the shower is not the original creature with the biomechanical design from 1979, but a new variation? the poster made it look like we would see the original Alien for the first time since 79, but the one in the trailer for the very little it could be seen it looks pretty different

Quote from: vortep on Dec 25, 2016, 08:17:19 PM
Can some one give and a download link for the trailer in 1080p?

just look for any site that can download youtube videos, select HD quality and voila, you should try 4k Downloader

Remember that 1080p is downloaded with no audio. Look for a browser that allows you to join them . That means you will have to download the audio separately. 

Mr.Turok

I saw on the Youtube comment section of folks getting mad that it isn't Prometheus 2....

First mad that Prometheus wasn't an Alien Film and now this...

Forget them, I'm hype for this new movie! But now looking at it more, does this mean that Alien is no longer the first time humanity truly contacted the xenomorphs or did I miss something there?!

Ingwar

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 25, 2016, 09:54:03 PM
Also, there isn't anything in this trailer that looks cheap.

I cannot believe that some people say it looks cheap.

SiL

Feels cheap. The opening of the trailer could belong to any number of low budget sci fi horrors.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: vortep on Dec 25, 2016, 08:17:19 PM
Can some one give and a download link for the trailer in 1080p?

Go to www.deturl.com and paste  the youtube video URL  into the download field. Then click the download button. Scroll down and you will find many video download sites that will have the links the desired formats for you. 1080p will be video only with no audio and yoy will have to download the audio separately and join them afterwards. Perhaps someone here knows of quick way to join them.

motherfather

motherfather

Ive watched the trailer a few times now. At least we now know that the giant tree stumps were actually normal giant trees until the flying croissant carved its way through the trees when it crash landed. I wonder if theres anything that can be inferred from the trajectory  at which the ship seems to have crash landed.

The very brief glimpse of the inside of that ship shows some kind of organic detail/veiny structure draped over the corner of the juggernaut control panel near the chair. Or it could just be moss/vine growth.

Overall I'm quite happy so far. The only things that bug me are the shower scene (looks like something that belongs in AVP Requiem along with expectant mothers being rapidly birthed in the hospital maternity ward) and the blue-ish filter added to everything that seems so cold and sterile and clean and Prometheus-y most times. In the grand scheme of things, these are minor points, and I am so happy this doesn't seem to be another Engineer movie.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 10:09:02 PM
Also, there isn't anything in this trailer that looks cheap.

I cannot believe that some people say it looks cheap.
People who claim it to be cheap likely are... well you know what I mean.

Quote from: Infected on Dec 25, 2016, 09:59:48 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 25, 2016, 09:36:21 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 07:11:28 AM
Quote from: oduodu on Dec 25, 2016, 07:01:28 AM
Makes Prometheus completely redundant. If there is nothing revealed about the engineer culture. So what happened to Shaw......

Remember there's another 2 films after this.

Is there?  I mean do you have this confirmed?  I also recall this being stated by Ridley Scott a while back, but I couldn't tell if that was just an off-the-cuff remark or not.  Lately, we've just been hearing that there will be 1 more, plus Neil Blomkamp's film.  Do you know this as a fact from a reliable source?
There's going to be 2 more, maybe a 3rd actually.... unless it bombs of course. NB's movie is unlikely to ever happen. I have no qualm proclaiming if it doesn't start production by 2018 it's absolutely dead. Disgustedly enough, NB's aliens is probably the back up plan.

Also, there isn't anything in this trailer that looks cheap. Prometheus might as well be the prologue with A:Covenant being the first act of a quintilogy or more precisely a trilogy with bookends. The rumored 4th film will probably tie straight into Prometheus.

Spoiler
If the alien came from a spore cocoon then that could mean they are a naturally evolving life form who was harvested as a weapon by the engineers. The planet could be paradise and the tree of knowledge may be quite literal, eat from the fruit and attain vast knowledge. The black goo seems capable of this feat. Of course the side effect is the alien.

However there are 2 neomorphs in the movie. The one in the lander and one outside, who then runs into the woods. Who knows when he comes back into the story. We all assume the black alien is the facehugger breed beast.

One thing I have to be honest about, that 4chan leaker must have been bs. Cause how the hell can David drop death and then not land the ship. I don't buy a last minute defense where they shot him down. The mofo crashed on purpose more than anything or at least in a fight with Shaw for the controls.
[close]
I think Ridley told Blomkamp to wait because Ridleys plans could contradict Blomkamps story or vision on the alien.

And the spores i think are simple wildlife flora that has come in contact with the black goo, our first xeno plant :D instead of impregnating other plants/spores with simple flower stuff it impregnates anything that can give birth.
I think it's safe to assume they would have contradicted each other but yea I can live with the wild life being affected by the goo. Hell maybe it is true that David dumps the goo onto the engineers and the world is still in a state of evolution. It would be less than 10 years since the bombing run.

However the thing that I love about it is that the alien in this movie is not only alien to us humans but very much alien to the alien itself. I want the alien to be almost divine but not literally. It's hard to explain without it sounding condescending. The earlier Prometheus concept art had a ceiling clinging alien that dropped into the mouth of an unsuspecting and unconscious person. That is what I wanted to see. The alien looks like us because it was born from us, however on an alien world it wouldn't be surprising if it was completely unrecognizable. The spore pod is a direct take off of that. I like stuff like that.

Ingwar

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 25, 2016, 10:07:00 PM
I saw on the Youtube comment section of folks getting mad that it isn't Prometheus 2....

Forget them, I'm hype for this new movie!

Yeah. Forget them. Some people cannot be satisfied.

Quote from: SiL on Dec 25, 2016, 10:10:48 PM
Feels cheap. The opening of the trailer could belong to any number of low budget sci fi horrors.

It's Alien movie. What do you want? If Alien (1979) was made today and you have seen chestburster scene you would probably had said the same.

Murph Morph

Ingwar I agree except it probably won't be better than Alien and Aliens but maybe on the same level imo.

fiveways

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 10:23:27 PM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 25, 2016, 10:07:00 PM

Forget them, I'm hype for this new movie!

Yeah. Forget them. Some people cannot be satisfied.

Quote from: SiL on Dec 25, 2016, 10:10:48 PM

It's Alien movie. What do you want? If Alien (1979) was made today and you have seen chestburster scene you would probably had said the same.

yes, because if it was made today it would be CG.  Also, you'd never get a script like Alien 1979 off the ground in 2016, and the creative forces behind it would be far far different.  Alien is a classic because of the period it was made, you can't take it out of that time.  You have to have a young and hungry Scott, a broken Dan Obannon, and a fairly unknown giger onboard to make it what it is.  Heavy Metal has to be a hugely popular subculture magazine.  So, yeah, Alien (1979) in 2016 would probably look like a cheap mess.

Oh, and Moebius because Moebius is a f**king genius.

-------------------------------

Unrelated; I tried to watch the trailer again.  I hate the song so much I shut it off.  Hopefully next trailer will have score element, because I cannot stand that piece of music.

Ingwar

Quote from: fiveways on Dec 25, 2016, 10:42:07 PM
Unrelated; I tried to watch the trailer again.  I hate the song so much I shut it off.  Hopefully next trailer will have score element, because I cannot stand that piece of music.

It's just a song. Very good one by the way. You don't like it? Fine. Turn the music off.

ep40

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 25, 2016, 10:22:33 PM
However the thing that I love about it is that the alien in this movie is not only alien to us humans but very much alien to the alien itself. I want the alien to be almost divine but not literally. It's hard to explain without it sounding condescending. The earlier Prometheus concept art had a ceiling clinging alien that dropped into the mouth of an unsuspecting and unconscious person. That is what I wanted to see. The alien looks like us because it was born from us, however on an alien world it wouldn't be surprising if it was completely unrecognizable. The spore pod is a direct take off of that. I like stuff like that.
That's why I think that Prometheus despite it's flaws is a worthy addition to Alien mythos. Before Prometheus any Alien related content only repeated what was shown in movies e.g. egg->facehugger->chestburster->adult alien. Even if they tried something new, mostly it was ridiculous, like the Newborn or Chet regurgiration. Through Prometheus we were introduced to the black goo which opened up new possibilities like Neomorphs, which doesn't seem contrived, they seem like alternative pathways of evolution instead of messing with original strain of Alien. Previously Alien life cycle seemed to be established and rigid, only deviating in very specific circumstances like A:R queen having additional human DNA due to genetic engineering. Now going to roots and possibly exploring origins of Alien, we have opportunity to introduce new concepts and give the Alien new, suprising elements to its lifecycle without it being out of place.

DarkXeno

;D Woke up knowing this cam out today. 8)  F-'n loved it. I feel like this is taken the right direction and its gonna be spectacular. Dark, gritty, gothic f'n Alien movie made with the newest stuff. We're here, we're geared, and ready to kick some Alien ass!

Murph Morph

Harequinade regarding the sex scene, you mean just like Janek decided to have sex with Vickers after she torched one of the crewmembers in Prometheus? Or Shaw who decided to have sex with Holloway right after she was humiliated and started to cry?
That is the definition of odd, but then again that whole film sucked.

echobbase79

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 25, 2016, 09:59:06 PM
Quote from: Burn the Floor on Dec 25, 2016, 09:55:35 PM
Quote from: Hemi on Dec 25, 2016, 08:53:14 PM
Quote from: Burn the Floor on Dec 25, 2016, 08:01:33 PM
Maybe I'm not defending it and actually like it??  Assumption is the mother of all fckups

Hey
Like it or not, that's your right.
See what I did there?

Yeah...  "like it or not,  I still say you are defending poor production stuff.. Bla bla"  or "like it or not,  that's your right... But you stink anyway and you have a poopmouth".  Nice cover there. 😁

Um... did I insult anyone? No. I'm mostly seeing insults from the folks defending the trailer. (See the "wanker" comment above this post)
Truth and insults can mean the same thing to each side.

Like how you said my claiming to want violence and tits gets us AVPr crap. Hell that hurt man. Crap sfx guys thrown into the directors seat got us AVPr. Not the tits! :P

Actually Fox green lighting a shit script by Shane Salerno is what got us AvPR.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed