Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 130,880 times)

Ingwar

Quote from: stroggificated on Dec 25, 2016, 09:35:24 PM
Yup, the magic is gone, because everyone who touches the Alien Franchise is incompetent. INCOMPETENT!
Another franchise burned for me. Oh well...

No offence ladies and gentleman but some of you need a treatment for pessimism. Are you ever happy in your life? :) I don't want to be mean but how can you judge a movie by its trailer. I think that trailer is amazing and movie is gonna be even better. Now you say that I'm judging movie by the trailer. Yes I do. But I do it with optimism because it's bloody stunning.

harlequinade

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 09:36:59 PM
Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 25, 2016, 09:32:32 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 09:28:47 PM
Neomorphs and proto-Xenomorphs.

And whatever gets out of Curdup right? Or is that the proto-Xenomorph?

I don't know but following logic I assume that:

Spores = Neomorphs
Egg/Facehugger = proto-Xeno

So trying to figure out the sequence of events...Curdup gets facehugged, this thing gets out and it's the one that kills the people in the shower? And that is the so called protoxeno that later evolves to the one we see in Alien?

And going by the leaks
Spoiler
they said David saves the crew from neomorph and that's how they meet him. So there is one neomorph already there - did it get out of Shaw? That would be for the sake of consistency since we have two in the movie that get out of the crew of Covenant, neomorph that is previously there should have come out of a human host too.
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Dec 25, 2016, 09:36:21 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 07:11:28 AM
Quote from: oduodu on Dec 25, 2016, 07:01:28 AM
Makes Prometheus completely redundant. If there is nothing revealed about the engineer culture. So what happened to Shaw......

Remember there's another 2 films after this.

Is there?  I mean do you have this confirmed?  I also recall this being stated by Ridley Scott a while back, but I couldn't tell if that was just an off-the-cuff remark or not.  Lately, we've just been hearing that there will be 1 more, plus Neil Blomkamp's film.  Do you know this as a fact from a reliable source?

Wayne Haag (Covenant production artist) confirmed in his recent interview that the idea was still to shoot two more Alien prequel films in Aussie. That's the latest we have on that.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 25, 2016, 08:58:35 PM
So we mostly saw just stuff from the 1st act, right? Except the shower scene...but that seems a bit odd. Your fellow crew members just got killed by some space crap and you wanna have sex in the shower?:D

That's a good point. Maybe it had something to do with the info graphic from the black goo released a couple of months after prometheus that claimed that the ampules  was able to spread the black goo  either by ingestion of water that contained it or by inhaling it from air infected with it . ONE of the side affects of ingesting it was that it made people horny. Could be the cause.

Ingwar

Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 25, 2016, 09:40:48 PM
And going by the leaks
Spoiler
they said David saves the crew from neomorph and that's how they meet him. So there is one neomorph already there - did it get out of Shaw? That would be for the sake of consistency since we have two in the movie that get out of the crew of Covenant, neomorph that is previously there should have come out of a human host too.
[close]

Neomorphs might (just my speculation) have come out from:

Spoiler
Engineers who have survived black goo Armageddon delivered by David or from Shaw herself or from animals living on the planet.
[close]

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 09:45:57 PMNeomorphs might (just my speculation) have come out from:

Spoiler
Engineers who have survived black goo Armageddon delivered by David or from Shaw herself or from animals living on the planet.
[close]

Neomorphs come out of the Covenant crew, after they're infected by the spores.

KiramidHead

So, speculating on what's been seen in the trailer...

Spoiler
Shaw crashed the ship onto the planet (insert woman driver joke here, Hubbs), leaking the goo all over the place and destroying Engineer society in the process. Well done, well done. :laugh:
[close]

harlequinade

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 25, 2016, 09:47:44 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 09:45:57 PMNeomorphs might (just my speculation) have come out from:

Spoiler
[close]

The guy from 4chan wrote
Spoiler
there is one already there when the crew gets out of the ship. Maybe he was wrong, though
[close]

Ingwar

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 25, 2016, 09:48:37 PM
So, speculating on what's been seen in the trailer...

Spoiler
Shaw crashed the ship onto the planet (insert woman driver joke here, Hubbs), leaking the goo all over the place and destroying Engineer society in the process. Well done, well done. :laugh:
[close]

No.

Spoiler
David wipes out Engineers releasing black goo.
[close]

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Makes Prometheus completely redundant. If there is nothing revealed about the engineer culture. So what happened to Shaw......

Is there?  I mean do you have this confirmed?  I also recall this being stated by Ridley Scott a while back, but I couldn't tell if that was just an off-the-cuff remark or not.  Lately, we've just been hearing that there will be 1 more, plus Neil Blomkamp's film.  Do you know this as a fact from a reliable source?
There's going to be 2 more, maybe a 3rd actually.... unless it bombs of course. NB's movie is unlikely to ever happen. I have no qualm proclaiming if it doesn't start production by 2018 it's absolutely dead. Disgustedly enough, NB's aliens is probably the back up plan.

Also, there isn't anything in this trailer that looks cheap. Prometheus might as well be the prologue with A:Covenant being the first act of a quintilogy or more precisely a trilogy with bookends. The rumored 4th film will probably tie straight into Prometheus.

Spoiler
If the alien came from a spore cocoon then that could mean they are a naturally evolving life form who was harvested as a weapon by the engineers. The planet could be paradise and the tree of knowledge may be quite literal, eat from the fruit and attain vast knowledge. The black goo seems capable of this feat. Of course the side effect is the alien.

However there are 2 neomorphs in the movie. The one in the lander and one outside, who then runs into the woods. Who knows when he comes back into the story. We all assume the black alien is the facehugger breed beast.

One thing I have to be honest about, that 4chan leaker must have been bs. Cause how the hell can David drop death and then not land the ship. I don't buy a last minute defense where they shot him down. The mofo crashed on purpose more than anything or at least in a fight with Shaw for the controls.
[close]

Burn the Floor

Quote from: Hemi on Dec 25, 2016, 08:53:14 PM
Quote from: Burn the Floor on Dec 25, 2016, 08:01:33 PM
Maybe I'm not defending it and actually like it??  Assumption is the mother of all fckups

Hey
Like it or not, that's your right.
See what I did there?

Yeah...  "like it or not,  I still say you are defending poor production stuff.. Bla bla"  or "like it or not,  that's your right... But you stink anyway and you have a poopmouth".  Nice cover there. 😁

Um... did I insult anyone? No. I'm mostly seeing insults from the folks defending the trailer. (See the "wanker" comment above this post)

Ingwar

Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 25, 2016, 09:50:18 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 25, 2016, 09:47:44 PM

Spoiler
[close]

The guy from 4chan wrote
Spoiler
there is one already there when the crew gets out of the ship. Maybe he was wrong, though
[close]

You might be right. I don't remember everything what 4chan has written.

reecebomb

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 09:06:20 PM
This isn't good. This isn't big. This is ...

E P I C !

Scott doesn't take prisoners!

On almost every lever A:C gonna be better than Prometheus. Visuals and cinematography (look at those colours!) look stunning. Production design (look at those details) is utterly amazing. Acting is tense and real. Didn't expect to see something like that. I bet it's gonna be the best Alien movie so far.

LOL

I hope you're right tho, that would indeed be epic.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Burn the Floor on Dec 25, 2016, 09:55:35 PM
Quote from: Hemi on Dec 25, 2016, 08:53:14 PM
Quote from: Burn the Floor on Dec 25, 2016, 08:01:33 PM
Maybe I'm not defending it and actually like it??  Assumption is the mother of all fckups

Hey
Like it or not, that's your right.
See what I did there?

Yeah...  "like it or not,  I still say you are defending poor production stuff.. Bla bla"  or "like it or not,  that's your right... But you stink anyway and you have a poopmouth".  Nice cover there. 😁

Um... did I insult anyone? No. I'm mostly seeing insults from the folks defending the trailer. (See the "wanker" comment above this post)
Truth and insults can mean the same thing to each side.

Like how you said my claiming to want violence and tits gets us AVPr crap. Hell that hurt man. Crap sfx guys thrown into the directors seat got us AVPr. Not the tits! :P

Infected

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 25, 2016, 09:54:03 PM

There's going to be 2 more, maybe a 3rd actually.... unless it bombs of course. NB's movie is unlikely to ever happen. I have no qualm proclaiming if it doesn't start production by 2018 it's absolutely dead. Disgustedly enough, NB's aliens is probably the back up plan.

Also, there isn't anything in this trailer that looks cheap. Prometheus might as well be the prologue with A:Covenant being the first act of a quintilogy or more precisely a trilogy with bookends. The rumored 4th film will probably tie straight into Prometheus.

Spoiler
If the alien came from a spore cocoon then that could mean they are a naturally evolving life form who was harvested as a weapon by the engineers. The planet could be paradise and the tree of knowledge may be quite literal, eat from the fruit and attain vast knowledge. The black goo seems capable of this feat. Of course the side effect is the alien.

However there are 2 neomorphs in the movie. The one in the lander and one outside, who then runs into the woods. Who knows when he comes back into the story. We all assume the black alien is the facehugger breed beast.

One thing I have to be honest about, that 4chan leaker must have been bs. Cause how the hell can David drop death and then not land the ship. I don't buy a last minute defense where they shot him down. The mofo crashed on purpose more than anything or at least in a fight with Shaw for the controls.
[close]
I think Ridley told Blomkamp to wait because Ridleys plans could contradict Blomkamps story or vision on the alien.

And the spores i think are simple wildlife flora that has come in contact with the black goo, our first xeno plant :D instead of impregnating other plants/spores with simple flower stuff it impregnates anything that can give birth.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed