Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,172 times)

harlequinade

So we mostly saw just stuff from the 1st act, right? Except the shower scene...but that seems a bit odd. Your fellow crew members just got killed by some space crap and you wanna have sex in the shower?:D

Ingwar

This isn't good. This isn't big. This is ...

E P I C !

Scott doesn't take prisoners!

On almost every lever A:C gonna be better than Prometheus. Visuals and cinematography (look at those colours!) look stunning. Production design (look at those details) is utterly amazing. Acting is tense and real. Didn't expect to see something like that. I bet it's gonna be the best Alien movie so far.

Chris!(($$))!

Its what us fans do best.

At first we liked it briefly. Then we watched again and are finding things we don't like. That MUST mean we don't like it at all. We then blow it out of proportion and the trailer proceeds to become trash. The fans that haven't blown those tidbits out of proportion and admit to liking parts of the trailer are then called out for having a shit opinion.

I liked the trailer for the most part.
But I didn't like them showing Crudup's character getting face hugged and I didn't like that shower scene at all but hopefully with context those will improve.

Outside of the trailer, I am still annoyed by the weapon choices, AR15s, etc.

Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 25, 2016, 08:58:35 PM
So we mostly saw just stuff from the 1st act, right? Except the shower scene...but that seems a bit odd. Your fellow crew members just got killed by some space crap and you wanna have sex in the shower?:D

That is probably from the first act. It might even be the first kill by a Xeno (not including any chest/back bursting.)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I didn't realize that was Crudup in the egg scene. The Covenant crew is doubly f**ked, there's a Doctor Manhattan xeno running around.

harlequinade

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Dec 25, 2016, 09:07:12 PM

At first we liked it briefly. Then we watched again and are finding things we don't like. That MUST mean we don't like it at all. We then blow it out of proportion and the trailer proceeds to become trash. The fans that haven't blown those tidbits out of proportion and admit to liking parts of the trailer are then called out for having a shit opinion.

But I didn't like them showing Crudup's character getting face hugged and I didn't like that shower scene at all but hopefully with context those will improve.

That is probably from the first act. It might even be the first kill by a Xeno (not including any chest/back bursting.)

Spoiler
So that is the protoxeno that is already there and not the one that gets out of the facehugged dude?
[close]

Infected

Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 25, 2016, 09:15:37 PM
Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Dec 25, 2016, 09:07:12 PM

Spoiler
So that is the protoxeno that is already there and not the one that gets out of the facehugged dude?
[close]
So there are neomorphs? protomorphs? and xenomorphs? in this movie?

Ingwar

Neomorphs and proto-Xenomorphs.

BishopShouldGo

It's interesting. Some people think Covenant looks amazing and some others think it looks cheap.

KiramidHead

Neomorphs, eh. That explains the slow mo spores, then. 8) ;)

harlequinade

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 09:28:47 PM

And whatever gets out of Curdup right? Or is that the proto-Xenomorph?

Ingwar

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 25, 2016, 09:30:07 PM
It's interesting. Some people think Covenant looks amazing and some others think it looks cheap.

Cheap? Seriously? :) Cannot believe that. Visuals and production designs are so much better that in Prometheus.

stroggificated

Quote from: XenoHunter99 on Dec 25, 2016, 05:07:22 PM
The magic is gone. That's the most concise way to put it. I can wait for this on video and not miss anything. I'm happy for the people who are hyped for this. I hope it's not another turd, but the more they show, the less I care about it. I'll monitor its progress in the hope that I'm wrong. But so far, this thing is not thrilling me.

Yup, the magic is gone, because everyone who touches the Alien Franchise is incompetent. INCOMPETENT!
Another franchise burned for me. Oh well...

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 07:11:28 AM
Quote from: oduodu on Dec 25, 2016, 07:01:28 AM
Makes Prometheus completely redundant. If there is nothing revealed about the engineer culture. So what happened to Shaw......

Remember there's another 2 films after this.

Is there?  I mean do you have this confirmed?  I also recall this being stated by Ridley Scott a while back, but I couldn't tell if that was just an off-the-cuff remark or not.  Lately, we've just been hearing that there will be 1 more, plus Neil Blomkamp's film.  Do you know this as a fact from a reliable source?

Ingwar

Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 25, 2016, 09:32:32 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 25, 2016, 09:28:47 PM

And whatever gets out of Curdup right? Or is that the proto-Xenomorph?

I don't know but following logic I assume that:

Spores = Neomorphs
Egg/Facehugger = proto-Xeno

HuDaFuK

Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 25, 2016, 09:32:32 PMAnd whatever gets out of Curdup right? Or is that the proto-Xenomorph?

The Neomorphs sound like they are the Xenomorph progenitors.

Ridley's already said the traditional Alien will be in the film as well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed