Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,600 times)

nanison

I can't but you can find it among all the screenshots posted earlier

SF

SF

I do not understand why all the hate for the trailer....doesnt ruin the movie.
Seems scarier than Prometheus and the alien(and facehugger) we love is back.

Two things i did not like though.
First,the tail in the shower scene.Not very convincing...maybe the cgi will be better on the final copy.

Second,the spore flying in the ear.Even if it turns out that it is a trap from David,i do not like it as a way
to infect people.Facehugger,black goo on your drink...ok.Flying spores that seem like they came from the
Matrix...no.

Ephemer Nine

It's visually fantastic, maybe even sharper than "Prometheus". The shots of David in the piano room and the ship heading to the planet are simply delicious!

Also eliminates any concern we might have had about the degree of the gore and horror aspect :).

I am mostly worried about wether or not they will give serious continuation to "Prometheus"'s themes. It definitely seems, for better or worse, a totally different movie in terms of tone and atmosphere.

Trioxide

nanison

I've just checked it again, there is a white creature behind the net/grid which Daniels (i presume) is walking towards too with gun ready to fire. Pictures were posted on the main page.

Ultramorph

^Ah, I see it now. Thanks!

fiveways

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Dec 25, 2016, 02:57:43 PM
ALIEN explicitly made use of horror tropes; it's all about execution. We'll have to wait and see.

ALIEN did it before those tropes were as really established, and with a sense of mystery and style that you just can't pull off in 2016.  Pre-1980 horror films establish the tropes, 1980 (the year slasher films exploded on the film world) solidifies them and the rest of the 80's was spent building on those tropes to the point of cliche. 

I wonder if I'd be better with this being the trailer to the third movie.  I kinda wanna see the Shaw and David movie that takes place between Prometheus and Covenant.  Kinda like Shaw and David starring in "Moon".

nanison

nanison

Yup that's it!

Check out reviews for alien in 1979 people didn't think much of it...

Infected

Quote from: Trioxide on Dec 25, 2016, 04:30:53 PM

Ah yes that scene.
I really hope that that neomorph has a friendly child face, something like the creature from Mimic the movie had a humanoid sillouette.
Just to throw you off.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Nostromo on Dec 25, 2016, 01:35:35 PM
Looks great, listen to those footsteps in the beginning in the corridor..i just hope aliens are not full cgi looking..

I initially thought it was going to be a clever reference to 'Alien 3', with that being the sound of a creature the crew had trapped, banging on a door.

When you see the two female characters meet, however, the same noise coincides with the woman banging her hand on the door, who's begging to be let out of there.

As I wrote earlier, I suspect this is because she's also regarded as being similarly infected. If not, then the other character is going to look like a dick for not taking the opportunity to try quickly letting her out.

Quote from: Infected on Dec 25, 2016, 04:42:05 PM
I really hope that that neomorph has a friendly child face, something like the creature from Mimic the movie had a humanoid sillouette.
Just to throw you off.

Child-like traits were famously tried with the Newborn. Didn't work out well...

El Diablo

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Dec 25, 2016, 06:17:34 AM
Can anyone Who read the spoilers tell me how the Aliens are portrayed in this movie? because the Alien in the shower reminded me more of the AVPR aliens than the original Giger beast. Please don't tell me the aliens are expendable canon fodder in this movie.

Spoiler
Both the Neomorph and the final Alien are more feral and animal like as opposed to the creeping, silent killer from the original.
[close]

Infected

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 25, 2016, 04:46:19 PM
Quote from: Nostromo on Dec 25, 2016, 01:35:35 PM
Looks great, listen to those footsteps in the beginning in the corridor..i just hope aliens are not full cgi looking..

I initially thought it was going to be a clever reference to 'Alien 3', with that being the sound of a creature the crew had trapped, banging on a door.

When you see the two female characters meet, however, the same noise coincides with the woman banging her hand on the door, who's begging to be let out of there.

As I wrote earlier, I suspect this is because she's also regarded as being similarly infected. If not, then the other character is going to look like a dick for not taking the opportunity to try quickly letting her out.

Just to throw you off.

Child-like traits were famously tried with the Newborn. Didn't work out well...
Yeah i know but they didnt do it properly.
Its like with the stormtrooper helmets, there are version that are a little off and they just look bad and weird,
having the right mold/model makes the stormtrooper look awesome.

harlequinade

Quote from: Trioxide on Dec 25, 2016, 04:30:53 PM

Ah yes that scene.
Just to throw you off.

Well Collider called it 'adorable' :)

eyeballkid

I'm really hoping we have only seen the first act...

KingXD

KingXD

Real question is that weather or not we will get a Xenomorph Vs Neomorph fight in this movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed