Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,638 times)

Corporal Hicks

Infected

Infected

Snip.

Completely uncalled for. If you're going to disagree with someone, do it in a respectful and mature manner.

Hicks.

CELTICPRED

I haven't posted around here in years but after this trailer dropped I figured I'd poke my head back in.    Interesting to see some of the stuff people have found in such a short trailer, but it's also a good place to help temper expectations, especially after being duped by trailers for the last movie. 

Glaive

Quote from: Prez on Dec 25, 2016, 12:55:41 PM

And Scott finally got his sex scene in too (remember the original Alien was planned to have a scene in the removed Observation Bubble). That tail curling up ... Lambert all over again.

I want more!!!

Technically, 'Brett' all over again...(apologies for my pedancy...) ;D

fiveways

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 25, 2016, 08:19:41 AM
I thought the idea of a shower scene would've been cool, but after seeing it not so much. I didn't hate it, but it feels like something out of those Corman B movies like Forbidden World or Galaxy of Terror.

Nailed it!  I wish I'd thought of that comparison drunk at 2am.  Good one.

Infected

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 03:37:06 PM
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/alien-movies/alien-covenant/teaser-trailer-breakdown/

Trailer breakdown is up!
I have a question and comment on it, the part when you see the Covenant passing a planet where there is lightning in the clouds, and then the camera follows the Covenant but in the distance you see another planet with a sun behind it, isnt it more likely that that is the planet they are heading? and what do we know for sure that the planet where the clouds and lightning are on isnt the one from Prometheus??
if David and Shaw or lets say David is on that planet "paradise" for ten years, ten they didnt travel long to get there.

p_w_s86

Scott is delivering a popcorn thriller, laced with the more philosophical elements of Prometheus.  A good mix, and one that a majority audience demanded quite viciously.

People are right to guffaw at the trailer for being nothing new - it's not.  But then, what were people expecting from a Ridley Scott Alien movie?  Especially one where Scott has possibly been 'asked' to sell-out his original vision to appease said cynical, impatient majority audiences?

Any disappointment with the trailer might comes from those who have followed all the set pictures and secrets that we shouldn't really know.  So those people are perhaps disappointed that those more abstract choices weren't included in the trailer, and I agree with that thinking. 

However, Fox has to build a momentum that convinces those that hated Prometheus to come to this one - this trailer delivers and a degree of nostalgia was inevitable as a result.

However, I think people here still believe in the movie itself - no reason not to.  I, for one, enjoyed Prometheus, and Alien is my favourite movie.  I think it's a shame that there may be less risk here, but it'll be an enjoyable movie.

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 03:37:06 PM
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/alien-movies/alien-covenant/teaser-trailer-breakdown/

Trailer breakdown is up!

Very nice breakdown, Hicks! Those screngrabs are cool, as well. The crashed Juggernaut quickly became my desktop picture!  ;D

I have to confess I can barely see the
Spoiler
Neomorph. Is is the little gray blob next to the piece of yellow equipment?
[close]

cyperon

It looks beautiful. The full back-bursting sequence is gonna be another iconic moment in the series. It reminds me of the Fire and Stone series, but it's Covenant. I'm so excited to see the origin of the classic xenos!

harlequinade

who is the woman screaming near the end of the trailer?

Infected

Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 25, 2016, 04:09:07 PM
who is the woman screaming near the end of the trailer?
Yeah and are those hallways wich look alienated are those on the Covenant?? imagine that ending, going from a big beautiful ship to a flying xeno paradise.

nanison

Isn't the neomorph visible behind that net/grid in one of the screenshots? Or am I imagining things?

Infected

Quote from: nanison on Dec 25, 2016, 04:13:01 PM
Isn't the neomorph visible behind that net/grid in one of the screenshots? Or am I imagining things?
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=55933.msg2163528#new

Check out my special pics from my personal stash.

nanison

I was thinking about the other picture without the explosion

Infected

Quote from: nanison on Dec 25, 2016, 04:22:21 PM
I was thinking about the other picture without the explosion
Show me

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed