Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,676 times)

szkoki

Quote from: KillCrites on Dec 25, 2016, 02:01:57 PM
OH NO A COUPLE IS IN THE SHOWERRRRRR!!!!!!!1111111111111111 OLDESTD CLICHE IN A HORROR MOVIE EVAR!!!!!!!!!!!!111111
TIHS MOVIE IS GOING TO BE GRARBAGE1!!1!11!!!1
IT HAS SIMILARITIES PROMETHEUS!!!!!!!!111  THAT MOVEI SucKS!!!1!!!11
IM JUDGING THis ENTIRE MOVIE BY A TWO MINUTUE TRAAIILLERR!!!!!!!11

Just wait and watch the movie, people. We have no way of knowing how good or bad this movie is going to be. Prometheus had a fantastic, beautiful trailer but got extremely mixed reviews. This movie can be good. I enjoyed the trailer and I think it did it's job well.

I'm also loving your guys' theories. Keep it up.

Also, who wants to talk about the alien's new hands???

They remind me of a squid.

reminds me of alien resurrection :D

acrediblesource

Im hoping David and Walter or even Weyland parts will hold this movie together as well as the acting. I know this is the teaser, but I will wait until I see some significant dialogue parts that will intrigue me. I know they will deliver on this.

D. Compton Ambrose

One word comes to mind.
"Rushed."

harlequinade

I'm SHOCKED at all the complaining I see on various boards. This was honestly better than I expected, the acting looks fantastic, the cinematography - about which people whine everywhere I look now  - honestly looks great to me - dark and gritty but also very beautiful (the shots of the environment of the planet) and that opening scene was tense as hell. Fantastic trailer!

BonesawT101

Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 25, 2016, 02:42:14 PM
I'm SHOCKED at all the complaining I see on various boards. This was honestly better than I expected, the acting looks fantastic, the cinematography - about which people whine everywhere I look now  - honestly looks great to me - dark and gritty but also very beautiful (the shots of the environment of the planet) and that opening scene was tense as hell. Fantastic trailer!
100 percent agree!

Never say no to Panda!

Kinda weird trailer, especially showing multiple death scenes - why? I guess there are other useable scenes to show Prometheus complainers that this time there are Aliens and eggs in it - without spoiling the fates of several characters.

Feels a bit like:
Look, there are eggs and Aliens, like in the original. Look, there is a cowboy hat and old stuff, space truckers - you know? Look, there is something like the chestburster scene in this one as well. Look, a chick like Ripley in tank top. Look, helmets and shoulder cameras like in Aliens...so much similar stuff, so this time it's Alien for sure! I'm fine with this, as long as we get a good plot and acting as well :D

Though, not judging the whole thing by an early trailer. Liked the first Prometheus trailer, but the movie - not so much :D

Infected

Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 25, 2016, 02:42:14 PM
Agreed, the hate is immeasurable as Krennick would say!
Ridley knows how to create good effects and worlds, this trailer has everything going and still people hate on it.
Or those people dont know nothing about movies and they just follow the hate hype, because thats what everybody does.
Or they are just full of shit.

echobbase79

I can't believe people are shocked that others are going to have a difference of opinion when it comes to making a judgment on the trailer. For some (myself included) the trailer doesn't make much of an impression. It just looks like old hat to me.

Maybe the greenband will be better.

ep40

While the trailer had some problems, I'm not that worried about the film itself and it won't a simple Alien remake. We know that there is additional stuff like David's experiments, burned Engineers, different strains of Alien. Also we didn't had before in an Alien film, a lush green planet like here. We were presented familiar elements to get us interested, but there is more than meets the eye.

harlequinade

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 25, 2016, 02:51:51 PM
I can't believe people are shocked that others are going to have a difference of opinion when it comes to making a judgment on the trailer. For some (myself included) the trailer doesn't make much of an impression. It just looks like old hat to me.

The scale of this shocks me. This is a great trailer and Alien movies are always a crew of a ship or a group of people being taken down by creature(s). What did people expect to happen here?

That Yellow Alien

ALIEN explicitly made use of horror tropes; it's all about execution. We'll have to wait and see.

echobbase79

Quote from: harlequinade on Dec 25, 2016, 02:57:05 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 25, 2016, 02:51:51 PM

The scale of this shocks me. This is a great trailer and Alien movies are always a crew of a ship or a group of people being taken down by creature(s). What did people expect to happen here?

I haven't looked at other message boards, but it seems like a lot of people here are enjoying it more than those that haven't.

reecebomb

Wow! Looks like a generic early 2000's sci fi horror that's nothing to do with Alien films, more like a uninspired Alien knock off. Obvious cgi that's made worse with terrible cheap color grading doesn't help. Not sure if im gonna see it, i turned off AVP:R halfway in, might as well skip this one entirely. I'm sure it won't be as dreadful as AVP:R, but i will be really pleasantly surprised if it can top even Alien:Resurrection, i really doubt it will.

Prometheus didn't work for me at all and was a complete mess with some interesting and unexpected ideas, but at least they tried to do something different. For me the Prometheus killed the space jockeys, but this one will try it's best to finish off the perfect organism.

I think movies like this should only be made if the script is amazing and it expand the universe while not damaging the classics. Im not saying that Prometheus shouldn't have been made, but i it was a mistake to tie it in with Alien universe, they are worlds apart and this will be even further away, even if it's got eggs, facehuggers, xenomorphs etc. Despite this i really respect Ridley Scott and all but thank god he is not directing the Blade Runner sequel.

Ultramorph

I just watched the truler, and thought it was pretty damn good! Visually the film looks even better than Prometheus, which is really saying something. Also, I like that it doesn't spoil much.

Spoiler
Of course I loved the shot of the Juggernaut, and the brief glimpse of the traditional alien.
[close]

Overall, I'm very excited for the movie.

Magegg

Quote from: KillCrites on Dec 25, 2016, 02:01:57 PMAlso, who wants to talk about the alien's new hands???

They remind me of a squid.
No, they remind me of Saladfingers.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed