Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,524 times)

Prez

Slowing it down frame by frame when the female is shooting through the cargo netting you can clearly see one of the neomorphs ducking the first salvo - has the big bulbous head.

Infected

I think this Walter robot is even more evil, he doesnt even smile and looks mean. When the egg opens he just stands there looking.
Its like an estafette run on the olympics one evil robot passes the stick to an even more evil robot.

Quote from: Prez on Dec 25, 2016, 01:13:52 PM
Slowing it down frame by frame when the female is shooting through the cargo netting you can clearly see one of the neomorphs ducking the first salvo - has the big bulbous head.
Yeah but her action makes it blow up the ship, i am curious if the creature survives.

SuicideDoors

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Dec 25, 2016, 12:57:44 PM
1,000,000 views within 8 hours, Alien is back baby!

Most of those views were mine though.

Haha I've only watched it a mere 30,000 times myself.
Quote from: Xenoscream on Dec 25, 2016, 12:59:34 PM
Does the Alien has Resurrection hands? :-s

Nah the Resurrection hands have 2 elongated fingers with a thumb either side. AvP onwards had flipper hands. I was expecting hands similar to the tease we got ageeees ago in the creature workshop, which looked reminiscent albeit slightly different to Big Chap. What we saw in the trailer seemed like yet another variation of the creature's hands. At least they're not flippers :)

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

The jury's out for me. There's no way that the film can be judged based on this trailer alone. The music all but guarantees that because it shapes the mood of what we're seeing, even though it's just temp trailer music. I'm withholding judgement.

That said, me being pretty much spoiler-free, it sure does kind of look like a note-for-note remake of ALIEN, doesn't it? But come on, it couldn't have taken them three years to write an ALIEN remake. I hope that there are many surprises left out of this trailer.

[p.s: Is it just me, or does the captain have a bit of a Tom Skerritt vibe?]

Enoch

Quote from: Infected on Dec 25, 2016, 01:23:19 PM
I think this Walter robot is even more evil, he doesnt even smile and looks mean. When the egg opens he just stands there looking.
Its like an estafette run on the olympics one evil robot passes the stick to an even more evil robot.

That's David standing and looking over Crudup's character... ;D
David now looks the same as Walter... I presume he used all of his Hair dye.

szkoki

would be funny if Walter entered the ship alone for security reasons to check it out...they lose contact with him and after an ahour he reports. and meanwhile David hacks hims takes his body or whatever and they dont even know about it and he starts to experiment with the Coevenant crew now

Good trailer.
What a panic and negativity. Almost nothing of the real story (the spacejockeys, role David etc) was given away. Some scarejumps and that's it. "It's so generic i'am gonna cry". Just like with almost every movie.

when will the green trailer see light of day?

Nostromo

Looks great, listen to those footsteps in the beginning in the corridor..i just hope aliens are not full cgi looking..

Local Trouble

So, Covenant goes to LV-223 and finds the crashed Juggernaut surrounded by a black goo ecosystem of which the aliens are now a part?

Is that what I'm seeing here?

MrSpaceJockey

I think they went to a different planetoid, which was the same planetoid that Shaw and David left for at the end of Prometheus.  In other words, it's paradise.

Stolen

And people really want the Alien of Blomkamp after seeing this?

The xenomorph alone can't be enough to make a film! Hope for more mystery, engineers and new fresh ideas

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Dec 25, 2016, 01:40:11 PM
So, Covenant goes to LV-223 and finds the crashed Juggernaut surrounded by a black goo ecosystem of which the aliens are now a part?

Is that what I'm seeing here?

That's supposed to be the Juggernaut that David and Shaw nicks at the end of Prometheus (but not the one that the Prometheus rams though). They fly off to the Engineer homeworld (known as Paradise) and apparently crash-land in the forest.

Look into my eye

Quote from: PsyKore on Dec 25, 2016, 12:54:41 PM
I loved it. I'm more disappointed by people automatically writing off the film.

Me too.
I loved it and it was exactly the feel I was expecting from the stills I have seen.
That must be the Juggernaut from Prometheus with Shaw's dog tags hanging up.
The shower scene - From the screen grab that isn't big chap going off the hand design? It looks like the pictures of the hand they were modelling months ago?  ???

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Look into my eye on Dec 25, 2016, 01:46:47 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Dec 25, 2016, 12:54:41 PM
I loved it. I'm more disappointed by people automatically writing off the film.

Me too.
I loved it and it was exactly the feel I was expecting from the stills I have seen.
That must be the Juggernaut from Prometheus with Shaw's dog tags hanging up.
The shower scene - From the screen grab that isn't big chap going off the hand design? It looks like the pictures of the hand they were modelling months ago?  ???

I think it is Big Chap, they've just reinvigorated the design. Kinda of like how no one singular design throughout the 4 original films look the same.

John Doe

John Doe

I think that Alien is the Crudup son. the Protoform of the poster.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed