Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 130,859 times)

szkoki

Quote from: Alien³ on Dec 25, 2016, 12:50:51 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Dec 25, 2016, 12:49:22 PM
we can give Fox credit for being ballsy and they dont try to hide it that its the 2nd remake of Alien

Aliens & Prometheus?

Prometheus and Covenant i meant :)

Aliens went a totally different direction even with the trailer already.

426Buddy

Yeah I'm really excited now, the whole trailer looked freaky and the visuals amazing.

PsyKore

I loved it. I'm more disappointed by people automatically writing off the film.

Prez

I've been out most of the day celebrating Christmas with the family and new this trailer had finally dropped but I resisted watching it given all the distraction around me. Got home and watched in glorious HD all quiet and alone and ... bam ... wow.

The vibe is not what I was expecting. Shades of the original Alien and Prometheus to boot. That backburster scene looks horrifying and that spore/embryo(??) flying into that dudes ear. Wow.

And Scott finally got his sex scene in too (remember the original Alien was planned to have a scene in the removed Observation Bubble). That tail curling up ... Lambert all over again.

I want more!!!

SuicideDoors

1,000,000 views within 8 hours, Alien is back baby!

426Buddy

Quote from: PsyKore on Dec 25, 2016, 12:54:41 PM
I loved it. I'm more disappointed by people automatically writing off the film.

I agree but I was prepared for this film get a lot of hate regardless of what was in the trailer,  the constant comparisons to avpr crack me up though.

Xenoscream

Does the Alien has Resurrection hands? :-s

Gazz

Didn't like the shower scene but the rest of the trailer is quite solid.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 25, 2016, 12:30:52 PM
Yay in thought it looked really great! I mean I totally loved it.

But now its time for people to start wining and hating about every detail because they cpmpletely over hyped themselves up for something that was totally different in their head. The comparisons to avpr and how Scotts a hack, I'm sure it'll all get posted. If it hasn't already.

But I'm happy looks like its gonna be really great, can't wait for may to get here.

Yep, just skim-read through this thread, it's mentioned several times.  :laugh:

Pretty much how I thought it would look and it looks great. No surprises, no complaints. Yet.
Would be interesting to see how everything looks and works in the proper context though. That first Prometheus teaser trailer was mind-blowing but the actual film was a bit of a letdown.

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Dec 25, 2016, 12:57:44 PM
1,000,000 views within 8 hours, Alien is back baby!

Most of those views were mine though.

Dill-On

It looks like a cheap zombie movie and should be titled: "Return Of The Space Zombies and Black Goo 3D". As a huge fan of original ALIEN, I'm laughing and crying at the same time.
Please Hollywood, hire me. I will bring you better movie than this. I will bring you money!

Deadmeat

The Prometheus: Covenant trailer looks great!

Oh, wait.

szkoki

Quote from: Dill-On on Dec 25, 2016, 01:01:41 PM
It looks like a cheap zombie movie and should be titled: "Return Of The Space Zombies and Black Goo 3D". As a huge fan of original ALIEN, I'm laughing and crying at the same time.
Please Hollywood, hire me. I will bring you better movie than this. I will bring you money!

I dont think Hollywood needs creative writers. They can sell whatever they want with an established franchise. We are living the age of the remakes remember :)

Alien³

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 25, 2016, 12:52:18 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Dec 25, 2016, 12:50:51 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Dec 25, 2016, 12:49:22 PM
we can give Fox credit for being ballsy and they dont try to hide it that its the 2nd remake of Alien

Aliens & Prometheus?

Prometheus and Covenant i meant :)

Aliens is as much of a remake of Alien as Prometheus and Covenant.

Check it...

Alien & Aliens

Ripley travels to planet to check out a disturbance.
Aliens infect/kill crew.
She escapes hell by blowing up the place (ship/Hadley's Hope) and believes the Alien/s are dead.
Alien stowaway is revealed and Ripely hides away to suit up (spacesuit/Powerloader) and blow the creature out of the airlock.

Covenant taking similar scenes from Alien is just the nature of sequels.

Prez

Having a more frame by frame look and just realised the dude steps on those bulbs and release what looks like the Black Goo in airborne format (??) which enters his ears.

426Buddy

Watched it a second time, it just looks so great, so much good stuff in this trailer.

The alien at the end of the trailer can barely be seen other than a tiny bit of the face and some of the tail. So you can't compare it design wise. But I think it is the original xeno or really close to it, that facehugger that hits crudup looks like a normal facehugger from the other films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed