Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,544 times)

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Omegamorph on Dec 25, 2016, 12:24:39 PM
Alien: Convenient

gorgeous sets but this is Scott's standard fare, Prometheus and Martian had gorgeous sets too that's a given

the filmmakers are saying: here's Prometheus as we should have done it before we're doing it better now sorry we forgot the Aliens last time here they are now it's going to be good watch our movie !!

And this begins from the fact the title is ALIEN Covenant and not Prometheus Covenant

this literally looks like the same film as Prometheus, selling itself with the things general audiences wants (cheap scares, Aliens, gore) and was "denied" in the last film in much the same way AvP 2 almost a decade ago sold itself with trailers that promised the R rating with that obvious glowing red R that they later said stood for "Requiem" -- for your brain, something I suspect will be necessary once you watch this new film

there's a nice crescendo of cringe throughout from the Harbinger Down guy to the couple making love in the shower as the creature tail slips in like a voyeur pervert! In the shower!!! I love this, Alien has turned into the countless copycats spawned after its release

I'll go watch Deep Freeze

You've summed up my thoughts.  And so far out of Sir Ridley's science-fiction entries, this is his least visually interesting (from what the trailer shows).  I hate the gray color palette - very generic horror film look.

426Buddy

Yay in thought it looked really great! I mean I totally loved it.

But now its time for people to start wining and hating about every detail because they cpmpletely over hyped themselves up for something that was totally different in their head. The comparisons to avpr and how Scotts a hack, I'm sure it'll all get posted. If it hasn't already.

But I'm happy looks like its gonna be really great, can't wait for may to get here.

oduodu

WTF???

People are now saying Prometheus is ok? Because it isn't generic ??

ROFWL!!

szkoki

I dont see people saying Prometheus is great. For sure who liked it still like it but its all bout this movie according to this trailer looks very nice, simple and cheap. Like all the Hollywood movies nowdays.

Enoch

Those comparisons are stupid... With all due respect
many of those who made comments about AVP Requem, bad acting,
overpolished designs, etc must probably enjoyed that very avp Requiem.
Too early to be negative... watch the movie when its out and judge by yourself.
Dont rate the movie before its out... but people are people. They hate what they
do not know.

Alien³

Absolutely loved the look and atmosphere of this.

Glimpses of so many awesome new things and incredible visuals.

bacchus

Quote from: oduodu on Dec 25, 2016, 12:32:34 PM
WTF???

People are now saying Prometheus is ok? Because it isn't generic ??

ROFWL!!

I think people were expecting to be as impressed as they were initially with the Prometheus trailer, which was truly great and literally set the trend for lots of other trailers. In comparison, this feels generic.

It might not turn out to be one of the best Alien films, but, let's be honest, it's still going to be a better sci-fi horror than most things over the past few years.

slipknotpredator

Love it.

I just hope we get to see aliens running around in the planet and not only inside the ship. The environment is beautiful and very different from what we've seen before.

Reminds me of "Aliens Fire and Stone".

Enoch

Completely agree.

szkoki

szkoki

(i meant the original)

even if its a copy cat (too) this trailer is much much better, only spoiling the main plot with one death

HuDaFuK

Quote from: bacchus on Dec 25, 2016, 12:36:11 PMI think people were expecting to be as impressed as they were initially with the Prometheus trailer, which was truly great and literally set the trend for lots of other trailers. In comparison, this feels generic.

I'd much rather have an OK trailer for a great film than a superb trailer for a crap one.

Elmazalman

I like the shot of the tail creeping up the bare legs - a nod to the original film.

szkoki

drifting through the comments on various forums under the trailer ...it gets a lot of "hate" from fans and from generic viewers

at least we can give Fox credit for being ballsy and they dont try to hide it that its the 2nd remake of Alien

Alien³

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 25, 2016, 12:49:22 PM
we can give Fox credit for being ballsy and they dont try to hide it that its the 2nd remake of Alien

Aliens & Prometheus?

SuicideDoors

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 25, 2016, 12:43:38 PM
Quote from: bacchus on Dec 25, 2016, 12:36:11 PMI think people were expecting to be as impressed as they were initially with the Prometheus trailer, which was truly great and literally set the trend for lots of other trailers. In comparison, this feels generic.

I'd much rather have an OK trailer for a great film than a superb trailer for a crap one.

Here, here!

Besides, the more you watch the trailer the more it grows on you. i was underwhelmed at first but I'm pretty satisfied now.

I agree with some on the colour palette. But that may change come May?

I think the back bursting sequence is gonna be particularly good. I thought the acting for this was rather convincing. Katherine waterston at the table, not so much. But ya know, she may play a blinder in the film. Noomi Rapace was dreadful in Prometheus.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed