Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,148 times)

Necronomicon II

Those mountain shots, beautiful. Mobius is everywhere, Daniels' head gear in the helmet, fn' great, head gear of the landing crew too, fantastic. McBride looks convincing. Look, the Prometheus trailers cannot be beat, but it's better when the film actually exceeds the trailer, so that remains to be seen. Looks like an unpretentious, beautifully shot slasher in space thus far, with perhaps some Miltonian musings from David.

whiterabbit

Predatorium

Katherine's acting at that table scene was awful, poor girl probably got zero direction from Scott. The lighting and that shaky cam didn't feel like alien to me. The non action scenes with David and the planet felt promethesy, the rest just felt like some bland horror movie. I realise now after watching this trailer that the only thing that interests me is Fassbender's character. As someone else said here, if the trailer focused more on the planet, David and his evil plans rather then the gore the trailer would've been better.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

Rite, so though i'm excited at a levle, i'm also rather disappoint.
I'll sum up my negatives and positives

Negative :

- trailer without suspense, and far from Prometheus 'atmosphere'.
- i dont like the backbuster, just too 'try to shock through hurt'
- i hate the spore idea, like profoundly. it makes no sense. spores that affect the 'species' recieving it in a way - sure. dna degrading, sure. but a could of spores creating a living organism that turns into a backburster? no. no no. it is also just a cheap lame way. The egg thing and facehugger thing is great, it's scary and though 'twisted', it is oddly also rather acceptable as a 'form of nature'. this spore stuff is just silly.
- the end scene with the tail between the legs is just no. not shocking, not cool. avp-r level as mentioned and just corny.
- too much classic alien 'reveal'. i wanted suspense and hinting. not in your face.

the positives

- david looks evil in the background with the egg. just 1 egg. could that be a morphed shaw? disturbing. really disturbing. yet cool. how long has he been standing there?
- the derelict, and it being overgrown with nature.
- the trees. something happened there.
- the appearence of the ship
- the planet indeed is that of the introduction of prometheus, not earth.

i am left with some questions though

Spoiler
- i thought james franco died in cryo, am i mistaken that it's james franco that gets the facehugger?
[close]
- how old is david8 really? that is clearly david8 and a much younger weyland. old weyland was what, 90?!!! must be 40 years at least passed. explain that timescale. doesn't make sense.
- is that view that weyland and david have on the screen actually 'paradise' ?! if it is - how?!

whiterabbit

I think Weyland created David decades before the events of Prometheus but hide him from society. It's what his entire TED speech was about if you think about it. Legalizing artificial intelligence.

John Doe

What i really don´t like it´s that looks like a remake of Alien + Aliens, with the classic end with the woman taken out the Alien from the ship.

DoomRulz

Honestly, I'm more excited to see Danny McBride in a serious, dramatic role rather than his usual sarcastic self, funny as he may be.

Novak 1334

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 25, 2016, 10:40:20 AM
Honestly, I'm more excited to see Danny McBride in a serious, dramatic role rather than his usual sarcastic self, funny as he may be.

There's one moment in the trailer, a close up of McBride, he really sells the hurt and the worry on his face

Enoch

Enoch

Juggernaut crashed on the planet, I wonder how David released that black goo...
Other than that, pretty interesting, cinematography is top notch as expected,
visual effects are even better. :D I think this will play out fine although its obvious
Ridley and his writing board played this one pretty safe in terms of overall
story. Its pretty clear Covenant is new Prometheus and I think
the next one will really bring us closer to resolution.

Funny, I m very familiar with Justin Kurzel's work.

P.S. I was right about Aurora's cover :) Now I need to prepare for trailer dissection!

Aquarius8

I enjoyed the trailer, I guess this is a rescue mission that going to go wrong ala "Aliens".   They must of sent the Covenant to find David and Shaw.   The crashed shipped is probably theirs.  LOL @ the Alien Hitchcock Shower Scene.   Definitely feel like this one will be more action packed but still have that suspense.  I guess David has a "Human" counterpart like Bishop unless the android David somehow gets a new body.   Anyways, the new girl looks like a young Ripley which means Shaw is probably getting written out.  Overall looks like a good sequel, I'm just happy Ridley and co stopped this spin about "Prometheus" not being a "prequel" or "Loosely tied".  The black goo was in this trailer as well.  I just hope the engineers story doesn't end with "Prometheus".    Basically when the box set comes out:

Alien: Prometheus
Alien: Covenant
Alien: Whatever the next ship is called
Alien: Nostromo
Aliens: LV-426
Alien 3: Fiorina 167
Alien Resurrection: Auriga
Alien 5: TBD

:D

juxtapose

i am loving this trailor. .the beginning felt really tense and well acted. .the backburster scene looks like it.s gonna deliver and theirs just so much panic.  .and i actually feel sorry for these people. . .the rest of it everythings awesome imo. .shower scene i did not mind in the least. . But it never bothered me when i first heard about it either. . .anyway i am very excited. .is the trailor better than the first teaser for prometheus. . No nothing could top the music in that trailor. . But then once u actually saw the full movie. . Those trailors gave away too much. .and the music is this trailor . . .. i thought it was great too. .just not quite as effective as the music used in the prometheus trailor. .

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Guts on Dec 25, 2016, 05:19:54 AM
Dat Ending part xD

im glad they are spoiling death scenes..... but why? i know already who r the 3 people who will die for sure

and yes that was corny as F. AVP-R level indeed and why am i feeling it wont be the level on the Clemens scene. now that was built up and scary!

also why would the alien take only the guy? is it a serial killer playing around? wtf

Ridley screwing up again it seems. that scene spoiled the whole tone i guess.

my feelings what this movie will be

classic xenos+more gore+great acting+great shots+great music+great effects in a very very very dumb movie. again

i just wish Ridley would have played with Alien Isolation just to remember whats Alien is all about bc he seemed to forget it

SuicideDoors

I think the trailer has just been crushed under it's own weight of anticipation and expectation. The Alien and Prometheus trailers are two of the most iconic trailers ever. So for that reason alone I'm gonna cut it some slack. It was obviously heavily aimed at those of us displeased that Prometheus wasn't horrifying or Alieny enough. I've watched it about 6 times now and it does grow on you.

One thing that's really important to me is the portrayal of the Alien. I'm hoping the screech during the shower scene is just a placeholder and it's actually a bit more silent, in line with the original.

I think Danny McBride is going to be brilliant. I know we haven't even hear him speak yet, but he wouldn't look amiss off the Nostromo in that cowboy hat!

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 25, 2016, 10:40:20 AM

Not a fan of the trailer overall but I'm seriously interested to see how he plays this role!

jdxmoore

I'm liking the trailer overall (apart from the choice of music and slasher feel). I just hope they deliver on the large scope aspect. Despite it's faults I adore Prometheus because of the big questions it asks about creation. 

Where in the trailer are the dog tags suspected of being Shaw's?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed