Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,112 times)

Walter

Quote from: souNdwAve89 on Dec 25, 2016, 09:34:34 AM
Do we happen to know the time gap between Prometheus and Covenant?
In Prometheus David and Shaw leave LV-223 in 2094 Year , Covenant story begin in 2104 year after 10 Year from Prometheus...
FYI Ripley should be 11 year old in 2104

SiL

Quote from: Bworko on Dec 25, 2016, 09:18:47 AM

And the quick conclusions on the avpr ... 1 shower scene of 3s and hop everyone concludes that the movie is avpr like. We do not know anything about the context of this scene. Stop already making conflusions.
I said the scene would fit in AvPR, not that the whole film was going to be as bad.

DorkiDori

im really getting a feeling that A LOT of the elements that werent used from Spaights Alien: Engineers script are being dug up and utilized for this film. something tells me that the Xeno we see in the trailer will be much closer to the "Beluga Alien" found in A:E.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I have the same feeling. It's like Covenant is a rewind and retake of the Alien prequel using elements from Spaihts script.

Protozoid

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 25, 2016, 09:41:39 AM
Yeah, I have the same feeling. It's like Covenant is a rewind and retake of the Alien prequel using elements from Spaihts script.
Including the story beat where
Spoiler
David tries to get a character impregnated by a facehugger
[close]
. I read Spaihts' script and was glad they didn't film it, actually. It was exactly the kind of unimaginative Alien prequel I was afraid they would make. Oh, dear...

XenoVC

If the Spores are actually some type of living organism, it could feel like a take on those ant-aliens. (turns out I actually don't know anything)

Xenoscream

Also David apears to be wearing an engineer style robe... wonder where he got that from.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Protozoid on Dec 25, 2016, 09:45:33 AM
Including the story beat where
Spoiler
David tries to get a character impregnated by a facehugger
[close]
. I read Spaihts' script and was glad they didn't film it, actually. It was exactly the kind of unimaginative Alien prequel I was afraid they would make. Oh, dear...

That scene had real potential to be incredibly disturbing and creepy. Personally, I really like Spaihts' script. It wasn't without flaws (I would have removed the traditional Aliens completely) but I think it was a much better experience than Prometheus.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: DorkiDori on Dec 25, 2016, 09:40:14 AMim really getting a feeling that A LOT of the elements that werent used from Spaights Alien: Engineers script are being dug up and utilized for this film.

Yeah, I feel exactly the same.

I hope we get the sequence where someone is pulled into a tiny pipe, I always found that horrifying.

JJdM

JJdM

Great trailer! Not as great as the first Prometheus trailer, but still enough to get excited about.

I'm really glad the continued the eastetic of Prometheus, whiltst incorporating more of the feel of Alien. I can see now why they chose New Zealand. It does the same for this as Iceland did for Prometheus. It looks absolutely gorgeous.

I think the music is great, though that doesn't say anything about the film itself.

I don't like the fact that they're showing us so much casualties allready. I think it should be more mysterious.

But overall, I'm really looking forward to this.   

Chris!(($$))!

Chris!(($$))!

The shower scene is most definitely a sex scene... at first. Those two are clearly embracing, getting it on.

They might have an open shower or something... akin to Starship Troopers. Or else maybe those two got up out of bed and thought... "Hey babe, let's go bang in the decontamination shower." Hopefully with context its not as cheesy as it sounds.

My favorite part so far I think is that its an environment we haven't gotten to see yet in an ALIEN movie.

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 25, 2016, 09:54:19 AM
I hope we get the sequence where someone is pulled into a tiny pipe, I always found that horrifying.
It never looks good on-screen. See Harbinger Down, for example. I know that's not the best film to compare, but honestly, a human being pulled into a tiny pipe always looks comical.

Anon73

Anon73

Slightly off topic but I love how all of a sudden everyone on Reddit and Youtube are HUGE fans of Prometheus and are absolutely affronted that the trailer wasn't two and a half minutes of Shaw and an Engineer having a dance off for the future of humanity while David's disembodied head acts as DJ in the background. Or whatever they were expecting from a movie called ALIEN: Covenant.

Protozoid

Protozoid

Quote from: Anon73 on Dec 25, 2016, 10:02:17 AM
Slightly off topic but I love how all of a sudden everyone on Reddit and Youtube are HUGE fans of Prometheus and are absolutely affronted that the trailer wasn't two and a half minutes of Shaw and an Engineer having a dance off for the future of humanity while David's disembodied head acts as DJ in the background. Or whatever they were expecting from a movie called ALIEN: Covenant.
You "love" it? Why?

Prometheus was a unique film, and apparently it will remain so. Alien already had three sequels and two spinoffs. Prometheus was a franchise that never had a chance to spread its wings, and as a story it had much more potential than Alien ever had.

It's like if we got a trailer for a sequel to 2001: A Space Odyssey and the trailer started with a shootout and ended with car chase without ever hinting that they would continue Dave Bowman's story. Yes, people would be offended.

Pvt. Himmel

Anyone notice Daniels watching the necklace with the tag....is that Shaw's tag? It seems they found this in the derelict??

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed