Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,030 times)

NickisSmart

Quote from: Burn the Floor on Dec 25, 2016, 07:05:09 AM

Why would people be complaining about it being well-made?

No, that it's a horror film with basic, horror tropes. It's not "grand" enough, I guess. Looks f**king baller to me.

frenchfries

Quote from: DorkiDori on Dec 25, 2016, 07:11:51 AM
the amount of "butthurt" is astronomical... i think it looks KILLER! gonna be a LONG 5 months!!! its really going to feel longer than the past 4 1/2 years.

btw, anyone bitching about the music used in the trailer, it would seem you have a hard time interpreting larger pictures of what music is used to illustrate... the lyrics are being used to reference David, and they work extremely well in doing so! not trying to sound insulting, but thus far anyone whos complained about the song really doesnt seem to be catching the underlying message.

ooooooooooooooooo boy! LETS DO THIS!!!
thank you!

NickisSmart

The music didn't grab me, but it didn't bother me, either. I was too busy looking at all the lovely imagery.

Dick

Dick

Yeees, nice, how i have missed the alien

oduodu

Yes Corporal.

I have to say I am very interested to see it . I hope it works out.

sugarhigh

Wow, this looks terrible. I actually believed Scott would try to redeem himself after the shit show that was Prometheus. Looks like a bad, young adults in space slasher film. I wish he would have left the Alien connection out of these two movies and come up with something else. This literally looks like an AVP sequel or something, so bad, ugh.......

John Doe

John Doe

I had to see it 3 times to start loving it.

I think it looks more like Prometheus than Alien, and that´s the first thing that hit the fans.

But i love that they continue with the Prometheus feel.

Other thing that i didn´t like it it´s the CGI, too much.

I love Danny McBride moment of sad and then giving the weapon to Daniels. Epic characters, like Parker and Ripley.

David 8 on the shadows looks amazing waiting for the facehugger.

The trailer sells horror and too many blood for the actual audience. In some way looks like an actual horror movie like Evil Dead.

But i love it, it look fresh in some ways, don´t spoil the main villain, keep secret and the visual looks outstanding.

Jed Kurzel on the OST, he worked with Justin Kurzel on Macbeth and Assassins Creed.

NickisSmart

Quote from: sugarhigh on Dec 25, 2016, 07:23:36 AM
Wow, this looks terrible. I actually believed Scott would try to redeem himself after the shit show that was Prometheus. Looks like a bad, young adults in space slasher film. I wish he would have left the Alien connection out of these two movies and come up with something else. This literally looks like an AVP sequel or something, so bad, ugh.......

I'm not sure where you're getting that "young adults in space" vibe. The shower scene? That's like 5 seconds of the trailer...

Truds

Truds

I just hope it has the length, theres a lot of ground to cover judging by the trailer

Walter

Walter

fiveways

Quote from: DorkiDori on Dec 25, 2016, 07:11:51 AM
the amount of "butthurt" is astronomical... i think it looks KILLER! gonna be a LONG 5 months!!! its really going to feel longer than the past 4 1/2 years.

btw, anyone bitching about the music used in the trailer, it would seem you have a hard time interpreting larger pictures of what music is used to illustrate... the lyrics are being used to reference David, and they work extremely well in doing so! not trying to sound insulting, but thus far anyone whos complained about the song really doesnt seem to be catching the underlying message.

ooooooooooooooooo boy! LETS DO THIS!!!

Then make it sound in context with the world.  Lyrically if it fits great, but it doesn't musically fit with the imagery in my mind.  I find the music distracting and working against the trailer.  I dislike how it sounds, and nothing about they lyrics fitting the overall story of David will make me like the arrangement/instrument choice/production of the track.  It actually really reminded me of the theme from "End of Evangelion", another track I am not fond of.

I also hate most lyrical music and in general shy away from trailer that feature musically selections with words.

Lastly, I'm still not completely sold on having David be the focus of all these movies. 

Kimo

Couple of thoughts.

About the back burster?
This Scene looks tense I can't wait to see what burst from his back and what attacks that woman. is it going to be something new, or a regular xeno type? who's to say that the chest burster always has to burst from the host front? It could just rip it's way out from any direction if it wanted to? Ive tried to keep away from mayjor spoilers but I'm getting the impression that David's experiments ain't quite 100% perfected that's why we are seeing strange things like back bursters and deadly spores and probably differnt xeno types. Even the egg looks a little differnt from the 70's alien egg in this trailer. Same with the alien on the poster it looks almost like H.R Giger's alien however it just seems to be missing its original xeno look by a tiny bit.

The Shower attack.
Personally I don't feel that the shower scene looks out of place in this trailer. If you go back to "Alien" Ridley Scott had the idea that sex was more acceptable between the crew members, like friends with benefits type of deal. This was also hinted in Prometheus with Vickers and the captain. I think Ridley is just making it more obvious in this film with that shower scene.

Corporal Hicks

They're all couples. They're bound to be getting it on. I think it's more the cliched horror trope that people dislike about it.

Richman678

I don't care for the spores in the air infecting people with an Alien.

The rest looks great.

NickisSmart

Sex is something Scott is very open about. Just watch the Counselor.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed