Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 131,089 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: whiterabbit on Dec 25, 2016, 06:37:17 AM
Yes and it doesn't add up unless David is a lot older than most of us thought he was in Prometheus. Prometheus is what, set 10 years before Covenant and no one on the ship appeared to have ever seen the "David" production model. Of course perhaps it was a work in progress that took decades. The Scene does make sense as the flashback scene we read about though.

The crew seemed nonplussed about him. Only Shaw and Holloway seemed to really take any note.

Spacesuits

Spacesuits

Looks like they still haven't learned to keep their spacesuits on.  ???  ???

Mr. Forest

These next five months are going to be fun. Something I loved about Prometheus was the anticipation and theories.  I hope to relive that experience again with this jewelry movie.

Oh, and of course, the trailer was great. The shower scene may be generic for horror/trailers, but it was terrifying to me.

Corporal Hicks

Sounds like the fella get backbursted was Benjamin Rigby.

https://twitter.com/JohnSantFilms/status/812894479367761920

NickisSmart

Loved it. Uploading my impressions shortly.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 25, 2016, 05:56:59 AM
The dogtags are clearly from someone, though whether that someone is a transmogrified Shaw is really anyone's guess.

Eh, serviceable. Moody, though nothing special, IMO. Not at all on the level of that famous 'Prometheus' one, but then, few things really could be.

There was something a bit artificial-looking and unconvincing about the Alien's face. Not sure why.

At least it had more promise than the lazy poster design. Guess we now know why there were two pools of blood in that set picture, eh? My guess is that the reason the other woman can't be let out is that both her and the other guy are believed to be infected.

Starting to have problems with Ridley Scott's infatuation with supposed professionals not wearing any protective suits... It's not like they couldn't have also given the pods serrated thorns to tear through the suit material and infect people that way. It's way too much like 'Star Trek' to have professionals not care about native bacteria/parasites/whatever, which could literally be anywhere in an atmosphere and for which they would potentially have no cure.

I mean, I get that, thematically, he's probably trying to push an underlying psychological theme of sacrificial vulnerability and 'shedding one's skin', but it still feels as superficial as it did the last time.

So, yes, interesting, but it hasn't given me a reason to raise my expectations. Still feels a little too close to 'Prometheus' for that. Nice to hear some of the original sound effects, however. :)

Well said.  Going open helmet commando on a planet teeming with alien life is beyond stupid.  I wonder how they'll justify it.

fiveways

fiveways

First I was excited, then i watched it again. 

I hate the music in the trailer, I honestly think it's garbage, doesn't fit and i find it distracts from the trailer overall.  I know it won't be in the movie (or hopefully used again), but bad choice of trailer music always sullies my experience  (I tend to be hyper critical of music choices i find ill-fitting) and makes me question seeing the movie in a theatre (I'll still go see it).

The Shower scene looks exactly as cheap and tacky as I thought it would.  Thanks for that AvP:R-esque moment in there.  That's just great.

Honestly I want to be excited.  I'm not, and will echo the "it looks like a cheap 90's horror movie".  I am comparing my reaction to the Prometheus trailer, and while that film wasn't as good as it could easily have been the trailer was filled with splendor and wonder.  It showed neat parts of the culture and took you further into the Alien universe (also the music cues in that trailer and the music itself f**king rules).  This looks like a random Dark Horse comic brought to life.

I watched it a third time with the sound off.  If I didn't know this was an Alien movie, I'd have a hard time believing it took place in that universe.  It looks like a really well shot (the colour palette is great) stock horror movie.

The Prometheus trailer lived and even exceeded the hype surrounding that movie, this trailer has brought my excitement down a few notches (beyond maybe the backburster part).

Lonely Universe

I watched it three times. I like it.

oduodu

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Dec 25, 2016, 05:46:33 AM
Hmmmm, the trailer makes it seem like they just remade Alien.

They dropped in a different location but the series of events are almost the same.

A group of people land on a planet with a Jock ship, explore it, and get infected.

And if this group knows what they are looking for... why would they walk in unprotected? The planet having a breathable atmosphere is not an excuse. That scene of being infected by the spore is the same silliness we saw in Prometheus from people that should know better.

Makes Prometheus completely redundant. If there is nothing revealed about the engineer culture. So what happened to Shaw......

NickisSmart

So far, this looks like a well-made horror film. People are complaining about that, but I think it's great.

Burn the Floor

Quote from: NickisSmart on Dec 25, 2016, 07:02:56 AM
So far, this looks like a well-made horror film. People are complaining about that, but I think it's great.

Why would people be complaining about it being well-made?

oduodu

It's al about the stayin power!!

Will people still talk about this 20 years from now?

Guess we will  have to wait and see.

If it does satisfy the fans I'll be happy. 

Walter

Trailer Music - Aurora - Nature Boy
We ware thinking it was David Bowie's song.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: oduodu on Dec 25, 2016, 07:01:28 AM
Makes Prometheus completely redundant. If there is nothing revealed about the engineer culture. So what happened to Shaw......

Remember there's another 2 films after this.

DorkiDori

the amount of "butthurt" is astronomical... i think it looks KILLER! gonna be a LONG 5 months!!! its really going to feel longer than the past 4 1/2 years.

btw, anyone bitching about the music used in the trailer, it would seem you have a hard time interpreting larger pictures of what music is used to illustrate... the lyrics are being used to reference David, and they work extremely well in doing so! not trying to sound insulting, but thus far anyone whos complained about the song really doesnt seem to be catching the underlying message.

ooooooooooooooooo boy! LETS DO THIS!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed