New Spoiler Policy (Read before posting!)

Started by OmegaZilla, Feb 15, 2015, 05:47:40 PM

Author
New Spoiler Policy (Read before posting!) (Read 16,875 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

When talking about specific films or TV series (which will be labeled as 'pieces of fiction'), posting information about the events portrayed in them is common, as is posting leaked footage, information and similar things. Spoilers include about any plot detail. Here is a spoiler policy that you should follow when posting in this section.

- When posting leaked information for an upcoming piece of fiction, it is absolutely necessary to post it under spoiler tags without any explicit reference to the leaked details outside the spoiler tags -- save for announcing that the spoiler tags contain said leaked details.

Rumours may or may not be considered leaked details, but the same policy has to be followed.

Official presses or officially released information (such as confirmed casting roles or trailers) are not leaked information, and thus can be posted freely without any spoiler tags. Likewise, people should be free to watch or not to watch trailers (or officially released footage), so when discussing something that is portrayed in trailers (or officially released footage), it is necessary to post it under spoiler tags.

- When posting spoilers from a piece of fiction that has been released or aired within a year before your post, it is necessary to post the spoilers under spoiler tags. If they are contained in a review, you can put the whole review or just the spoiler details under spoiler tags (it is indifferent).

- When posting spoilers from a piece of fiction that has been released or aired more than one year before your post, spoiler tags are advised, but not strictly necessary.

Any clarifications or questions are welcome.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Excellent addition to the rules.

Sozin

Sozin

Omega is bringing the law. I approve.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

We have 20 seconds to comply.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Ha, exactly!

I have just noticed that spoiler posting is an ongoing issue in this section (most of the reports are about that), so I thought there ought to be a set of rules about it. At the same time you can't really expect someone to write under spoiler tags that Darth Vader is Luke's father or that Dennis Quaid is actually mad in Pandorum.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

KiramidHead

So just to clarify, a picture of a parked jeep on a hillside doesn't count as a spoiler, am I correct?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 17, 2015, 12:38:26 AM
So just to clarify, a picture of a parked jeep on a hillside doesn't count as a spoiler, am I correct?
Depends on the context. If it's a leaked picture, it should be put in spoiler tags if you're posting within a year from release of the film. Officially released stills may or may not be put in spoiler tags -- it's up to you.

whiterabbit

This has never worked.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

At least there is a set of rules about it now, as opposed to vague hints before. If people don't follow, report them.

Alien³

Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 18, 2015, 09:52:09 PM
If it's a leaked picture, it should be put in spoiler tags if you're posting within a year from release of the film.

Thank you. Haha!

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Omegamorph on Feb 15, 2015, 07:12:07 PM
Ha, exactly!

I have just noticed that spoiler posting is an ongoing issue in this section (most of the reports are about that), so I thought there ought to be a set of rules about it. At the same time you can't really expect someone to write under spoiler tags that Darth Vader is Luke's father or that Dennis Quaid is actually mad in Pandorum.

Vader is Luke's FATHER??  :o

XD

Good set of rules. I am naturally careful about spoiling but checked this to see about anything I should look out for when posting spoilers.

The Old One

The Old One

Thank you.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed